Chapter 4

You Are the Apple of My Eye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Kook’s POV

 

It’s Sunday night and I already finished my assignments for this week so I laid on my bed. I felt my phone besides me vibrated, I reached my hand and answered it.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

“Yoboseyo, Hyung! It’s me, Dong Hoon.”

“Oh, Dong Hoon-ah, what’s up?”

“Hyung, I’m at Go Eun’s parents’ house right now in Seosan and I will be back with the first bus from here tomorrow. I’m sorry I can’t fetch you up tomorrow morning.”

“It’s okay, Dong Hoon-ah. It’s me who should say sorry. I’m sorry I troubled you too much. You shouldn’t feel burdened with me.”

“Ah hyung, don’t talk like that. I like to be troubled by you.” He joked and laughed. I chuckled.

“Well then, take care there, Dong Hoon-ah! Be nice to her parents so you can have their daughter.” I adviced him.

“Of course, hyung! I will be a good boy here. Well, I’ll ask Ji Hyo-ssi to walk with you tomorrow. Take care too, hyung! Good night.” Dong Hoon ended the phone call.

 

I laid on my bed and my mind thought about Ji Hyo-ssi.

It’s been a month since we’re friends and I met Ji Hyo-ssi at the coffee shop almost every day. It was nice to talk with her even though we still talked formally. She’s cheerful. She’s smart and knowledgeable. She dominated our conversation sometimes but her voice was so lovely to hear and her stories were interesting so I didn’t mind listen to her. She spaced out and really blank sometimes but it made her unique. And what I really like about her, she did not take pity on me. A blind person like me couldn’t do some things like a normal person but she always waited to help me until I asked her so I didn’t feel pitied. I knew she would help me whenever she could but she let me to do something by myself first. I like her thoughtfulness.

I kept thinking about her until I fell asleep.

 

The next morning, I woke up and got ready for today’s classes. I wore my sunglasses, adjusted it and grabbed my cane, started walking to the coffee shop to get my tea and met Ji Hyo-ssi. I walked in to the coffee shop, placed my order and walked to the corner where we’re usually sat.

 

“Good morning, Jong Kook-ssi.” She sounded unusual this morning.

“Good morning, Ji Hyo-ssi. How’s your weekend?” I smiled to her.

“I had a date with my papers and books. So, what are you going to do today after classes?”

“Me? I’m not sure. Maybe I will be going straight home. Why?”

“No, I’m just curious.”

 

Then silent approached. What happened with her today? She usually talked a lot.

 

“By the way, let’s go now Jong Kook-ssi or we’ll be late.” I could hear her chair shifted. I took my cane from under my seat, stood up and started walking to the campus with her.

 

Usually as we walked together, she would keep talking but now there wasn’t a word came from her. She must be troubled by something.

 

“Ji Hyo-ssi, what’s wrong with you?”

“No, nothing, Jong Kook-ssi. Why?”

“You sounded not as usual. What happened?”

“Kim Jong Kook-ssi, can I ask you something?” She asked hesitantly. I nodded.

“Can I call you oppa?”

 

I stopped walking. She wanted me to call me oppa? I didn’t mishear it, right?

 

“I’m sorry, Jong Kook-ssi. I shouldn’t talk like this to you. I felt comfortable with you so I think that we can start talk informally but if you..”

“Of course you can call me oppa. Why not?” I cut her words. There’s no sound came from her. I bet she went blank again.

“Ji Hyo? You can call me Jong Kook oppa and start talk informally with me.” I smirked.

“Really? I can call you Jong Kook oppa?”

“Of course. So, that’s what troubled you since this morning?”

“Mm.. Yes.” She answered me shyly.

“Well, I feel comfortable enough with you too. If I’m not, then we wouldn’t be friends, right?”

“I know. I only didn’t want to make us both feel awkward l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter