Chapter 5

You Are the Apple of My Eye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo’s POV

 

“Here’s your ticket, Ji Hyo-yah!” Gary oppa handed me the admission ticket to Lotte World. We entered and I looked around in awe. This was my first time here and this place was awesome! No wonder it was always flooded with a lot of visitors, even in the late afternoon in weekdays like today.

 

“This place is great, isn’t it?” Gary oppa said to me. I nodded happily.

“Let’s ride that first, oppa!” I pointed to a ship that swung back and forth, almost reaching the ceiling of Lotte World at its maximum height. It would be fun! I looked at Gary oppa and his face looked so pale.

“Do you want to ride a Viking ride, oppa? It’s okay if you don’t want to. Let’s play another..”

“No, no, Ji Hyo-yah! You want to ride that, so do I.” He grinned.

We took the queue to the Viking ride, it wasn’t too long so we could ride it in couple minutes.

“Are you sure it’s okay, oppa? You looked so nervous. I can ride this alone.” I asked Gary oppa one more time. He nodded and showed me his peaceful look.

 

Now it’s our turn to ride it, I headed to the back of ship and sat there with Gary oppa beside me. The ride already begun, swung back and forth. I raised my hands in the air and screamed. I looked at Gary oppa and he still with his peaceful look. I took his hand and raised it with mine when the ride at its maximum height. I laughed with satisfaction when ride was over.

The park was so crowded and there’s a long queue so we didn’t manage to try all rides. We played a roller coaster with 360 degree spins and bumper cars then Gary oppa saw a carousel ride and forced me to take it.

 

“Seriously oppa, you want me to ride this? I want play the thrilling rides. We’re already too old to ride this, oppa.”

“Yah! We’re in our 20s so we’re still young. Ride this first and we can play another rides, Ji Hyo-yah. This is the famous merry-go-round!” He took my hand and walked towards the queue.

“Really? Why?”

“Do you watch Stairway to Heaven?” I nodded.

“One of the scene set here. Don’t you remember?” I tried to remember the scene Gary oppa mentioned. I watched that drama but it was 10 years ago, how could I remember that? I only looked at him with a blank face.

“Ah this girl is so blank! Don’t think about that again, Ji Hyo-yah! Come on, it’s our turn now.” He’s holding my hand as we’re choosing which horses should we ride. Gary oppa helped me when I climbed the horse and he took the horse beside me.

 

I don’t remember when was the last time I took this ride but I’m sure this was my first time took it with a man. Actually, this was my first time went to an amusement park with a man.

 

“Princess Ji Hyo! I will be your knight! I will save you from this monster!” He said that to me, acted as if he draw a sword and fight with an invisible monster. I laughed so hard at his expression. He looked at me and started to laugh too.

 

The ride was over and we took a seat at one of the bench.

 

“Wait here, Ji Hyo-yah! I’m going to the restroom, I’ll be back.” He ran towards the restroom. Not long after that, he came back with two cups of ramen in his hands.

 

“Here’s for you.” He handed me one of the ramen cup.

“Thank you, oppa.” I took it and ate happily.

 “Umm.. Ji Hyo-yah, do you want to skate with me?” He asked me.

“I can’t skate, oppa.. And I don’t have a good balance.” I admitted.

“It’s fine, Ji Hyo-yah! I will teach you and guide you. As I said, I will be your knight, princess.” He said. I nodded and in the next minute, I realized I made a big mistake.

 

As soon as we entered the ice rink, I only stood there, stiff and not moving an inch. Gary oppa was a meter in front of me.

“Try to move slowly, Ji Hyo-yah! You can do this.”

I tried to move but I slipped as soon as I move a bit. This was so embarrassing.

“Are you okay? Don’t worry, it’s a process to learn something new. To succeed, you must fall a couple times so you can learn from your mistakes.” Gary oppa comforted me as he’s helping me stand up.

“Here, take my hands, Ji Hyo-yah.” I took his hands and he taught me how to skate. He skated backwards so I could hold both his hands and it was easier to give me instructions with this position. He’s a good teacher, I moved little by little with his instructions. I could finally let go of his hands and skated by myself. Gary oppa still skated beside me so he could help me when I slipped again.

 

It’s already 9 pm so we decided to go home. He sent me home and we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter