∞ 8

Between Contracts and Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

. Chapter Eight . 


Sunggyu sighed, running his hand through his hair, as he settled down on the couch. He was surprised by the silence at first, but then had remembered that Sungjong was off on a school trip. Tugging the school tie loose and lying his head down on the couch, the events that had happened throughout the day played in his mind.

“Tomorrow is going to be such a long day,” he mumbled softly to himself, his eyebrows furrowed as he thought about how they, Woohyun and him, were supposed to act like a couple in school from then on.

And adding on to that, he’s sure it wouldn’t be long before Woohyun picked up on the hints that he might be Jin, and question him about it. Then there would be that rule, the no lying rule.

Why didn’t he think of this just now, he frowned as he sat back up, right, because that kid was acting too cute.

Despite everything, he couldn’t help the quirk of his lips into a smile when he remembered Woohyun’s flushed face.

- x -

“You guys are together?!” “What?!” “Are you kidding me?”

“Yes,” Sunggyu said while rolling his eyes and tapping his foot on the ground impatiently. The combined outburst from two of his friends, and one of Woohyun’s was making his head hurt and he did not like it. He glanced briefly to Woohyun whom was standing next to him and grinning widely. His eyes then moved back to the three in front of him – Dongwoo was staring at him with his mouth agape, Myungsoo was looking at him with an eyebrow raised and an amused smile while the other guy, ‘was his name Howon?’, was staring at them with a bewildered expression.

“Is it that hard to believe, really?” he asked again, this time raising one of his eyebrows.

They had decided that to make their relationship seem more convincing, they had to lie to their friends first and let everyone around them think they’re together. Else, Sunggyu’s mother would definitely figure out and look through them. So what better time to do than during the break?

The moment the bell had rang; signaling break time, each of them had dragged their own best friends respectively up to the rooftop to bombard them with the news.

“Yes Hyung,” Dongwoo deadpanned before grabbing Sunggyu’s arm and pulling him to one side. He did not miss the way Woohyun’s expression changed to one of confused. Once they were a safe distance away from the rest, Dongwoo’s voice dropped to a whisper. “Did you tell him who you are?! And isn’t this the one that proposed to you?!”

Sunggyu frowned and clucked his tongue, prying Dongwoo’s hand off his arm because it was really hurting him. “I didn’t tell him yet. I don’t know how to,” he whispered back, chewing on his lips nervously.

“That is not a good thing hyung, and how can you even be dating him?! I’ve never heard you mentioning him before,” Dongwoo questioned, looking at Sunggyu curiously.

“It’s a-”Sunggyu began but stopped, hesitating for a moment, his mind flitting back to a particular conversation he had with Woohyun yesterday.

“Okay so I’ve just remembered an extra rule,” Woohyun suddenly blurted out in the middle of the game. They had decided to play 50 truths questions to get to know more about each other, still at the café.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter