∞ 6

Between Contracts and Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

. Chapter Six . 


School was seriously boring Sunggyu as he yawned again in class. He had tried to sleep again in class but his mind was plague with problems and he couldn’t seem to sleep peacefully since last night. Last night when his dreadful mother had called him just to threaten him about stuff he’d heard so many times before.

Her words were still ringing clear in his ears though. “Quit the entertainment industry and focus on getting into the business school or at least get a fiancée by the end of this year. Or else I’ll remove Sungjong from the family register and stop all funding for him immediately.”

He knew that his mother hated Sungjong and wanted him to get a lover just so he can forget her, the other woman whom was important in his life besides his sister. His heart ached faintly when he thought of her, quickly dismissing it. The threat was clear, either he quit the industry that he love and start learning business properly or he get a lover and show her that he had forgotten his past. His head throbbed painfully just from trying to think of how to solve this problem.

Should he just ignore it? He wondered briefly if his mother would really cut Sungjong off that easily but that thought passed as he remembered how she looked at him scornfully. It didn’t help that Sunggyu had almost no girl friends right now.

A glance at the whiteboard, he sighed again and leaned back on his seat. He could feel Dongwoo’s questioning eyes on him but he didn’t pay any attention to him. Suddenly, the speaker that’s generally used to broadcast the announcements that the principal makes, started buzzing and the clear, unmistakable, voice of the principal blasted loudly out of it.

“Kim Sunggyu, please report to the principal office right now.”

- x -

His eyebrows were raised as he stepped into the Principal’s office, looking at the old man sitting behind the desk. He did not bother greeting him and simply sat down on the chair in front of the desk.

“Ah Sunggyu,” the principal brightened up as he looked at Sunggyu in front of him before pouting, “You didn’t even bother greeting me.”

An amused smile flitted across Sunggyu’s face as he rolled his eyes at the old man, “why exactly did you call me here in the middle of the day?” he asked warily before furrowing his eyebrows. “Don’t tell me you’re trying to ask me for help in wooing my mother?!”

“Yah!” the principal’s eyes widened as his cheeks flushed red, his arms flailing around a little, “no I’m not!”

Sunggyu couldn’t help but laugh at the actions of the principal in front of him. His family had known him for a long while since he was young and as far as he remembered, the old man always had a thing for his mother. “So why exactly am I called here for?” he leaned back on the chair casually.

A sigh left the principal’s lips before looking at Sunggyu with a worried expression. “Your mom called me today.”

“About-”

“Regarding Sungjong.”

That got Sunggyu’s attention as he sat up. “What did she want?”

“She said, and I quote, “if Sunggyu doesn’t get a lover anytime soon or send the application to transfer into the business school and quit being a singer, kick Sungjong out of the school. I’m stopping the funding for him.”” the principal said, pouting as he looked at Sunggyu. As much as he love- have a thing for their mother, the principal adores Sungjong and really didn’t want to see him kicked out.

“Ah,” his brows furrowed together and again, he felt like there was a stone weighing down in his chest. “So she’s serious.”

The other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter