∞ 1

Between Contracts and Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

.Chapter One. 


Brinngggggg….

The alarm by the bedside rang loudly, the sound echoing throughout the room to the living room outside and it wasn’t long before a hand smack down on it, sending it crashing to the floor, silent. A groan could be heard as the figure that was hiding under the blanket turned and a tuff of brown hair could be seen poking out from the top of it.

“KIM SUNGGYU!”

A rather skinny boy with blond hair shouted as he burst into the room. Glancing around the room that looked like it had been stuck by a hurricane; his face scrunched up into one of disgust and headed straight for the curtains.

“Wake up now,” he said as he pulled the curtains open, letting the sunlight shine in through, landing fully on the sleeping figure on the bed. More groans could be heard as the figure pulled the blanket up in attempt to shield himself from the sunlight, only to end up feeling suffocated in the blanket.

The skinny boy tutted as he went to the sleeping figure and grab the blanket off him in one go.

“Kim Sunggyu, wake up now! You’re going to be late for school!”

“Yah!” The said guy turned around and opened his tiny eyes, glaring as much as he could in his sleepy state at the skinny guy though he only end up looking like a hamster whose toy or food was taken away by the master.

“What?” the blond guy stood by the bed with his hands placed on his hips and looking down at Kim Sunggyu.

“Lee Sungjong? Why are you here?” Sunggyu asked, his voice sounding rather hoarse and deep since he just woke up, before continuing. “And you this brat, I’m your Hyung, shouldn’t you be addressing me formally instead of shouting out my full name?!”

“Yes, Hyung,” Sungjong replied, deliberately emphasizing on the word Hyung with a mocking tone before reaching for the jug of water that was placed beside Sunggyu’s bed and pouring it into a cup for Sunggyu.

“Yah…thanks,” Sunggyu downed the water in one go when he took the cup over from Sungjong, deciding that since the young guy was nice enough to pour water for him, he shall not hold it against him for being so informal. It was then he realizes something was off – the sun at the time when he should wake up shouldn’t be this bright.

“Sungjong… What time is it?”

“Ah you finally realize,” A sly smile flitted across Sungjong’s face. “It’s 11am already.”

“Oh .” Sunggyu shot up from his bed and headed towards the bathroom, not caring that he had almost cursed in front of Sungjong.

- x - 

“Ah, Hyung, you’re finally here!” Dongwoo grinned happily as he pulled the chair beside him out from under the table for Sunggyu. Mumbling a soft word of thanks, Sunggyu placed – or rather dump – his bag on the group before plopping himself down onto the chair and his head onto the table.

After he had rush through the washing up, preparing for school and not even having the spare seconds to grab a toast before running to school, he had still managed to miss the first lesson and was only vaguely in time for the second.

Placing his forehead against the table, Sunggyu tried to will away the throbbing headache and concentrate on forming coherent thoughts in his brain.

“Come on class, get your books out.” His thoughts were interrupted when the teacher for his second lesson came in the class but he still did not lift his head from the table.

For awhile into the lesson, Sunggyu felt like someone was staring at him. But every time he lift up his head and look around the class, in hope finding the person who seemed to staring at him, he could make eye contact with no one. By the half hour mark, he gave up and went back to laying his head on the table.

Within seconds he was fast asleep. Dongwoo did not bother waking up S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter