Chapter Two

I'm Right Here

"What the is your problem?!" He shouted to the door. He didn't want to see her face, it would piss him even more. As if the irritation in his voice couldn’t be felt, Kiko continued to fight with the guards to allow her to see Jiyong. Top couldn’t take the noise anymore and he stood in front of her suddenly and shouted in her face, “get lost!!” and pulled her hand and threw her outside the house.

.

..

..

.

 

“Good morning class! Please keep all your books now, you guys are gonna have a surprise test on what you guys learnt during the photosynthesis lecture yesterday!” The teacher said at the top of her voice. Dara stared at her group of friends in shock and asked “I didn’t hear her wrongly, did I?” None of them were listening to her though. Park Bom, was busy chewing corn at the corner. Park Bom is Dara’s cousin, and she is also at the same time, Dara’s best friend. The only one that Dara can actually trust whole heartedly, but she loves corn too much and thus ignores Dara half the time in class. CL and Minzy had their headphones plugged and were learning a new choreography. They knew Dara since she was in junior school, and then have been really good friends ever since. The three of them were also the only three in the school who knew about Dara’s family background. 

The test didn’t go too badly for Dara because she was a very diligent student and reviewed all her work on the same day that she learn them such that it would retain in her brain. However, through the walk home, she was comforting Bom. “Bommie, don’t worry too much about the test! Didn’t you hear what teacher said in the end? It wouldn’t be counted in the final test score anyway! Just work hard from today and I’m sure that you would do well!” 

“Dara-yah, you must be kidding. I don’t even know how in the world I am going to memorise the intermediate names. Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate? Glycerate-3-phosphate? 1,3-Bisphosphoglycerate? How in the world are they different!!! They all sound the same!” Bom sobbed while chewing her corn. Dara continued to comfort her, but stopped a fair distance outside her house. “Bommie… What’s going on? Why are there so many cars outside the house?” She asked shakily. Bom looked up and realised what she was saying. She looked at Dara for a moment after regaining her composure and told her “I’m not sure, but lets go check it out!” 

“Hello sir! Why are you outside my house?” Dara asked the man in a black suit. The man turned slowly to her before asking, “are you Sandara Park?” Dara nodded. “Hello Miss Park, but Park Enterprises declared bankruptcy and I’m guessing that Mr and Mrs Park fled the country a few hours ago because they were still around in the morning.” Dara’s and Bom's face turned white. “F…led the country? What does that mean? Can I still stay in the house then?” Dara mumbled. “Miss Park, I’m sorry but no, you’re not allowed to stay in the mansion anymore. However, these were on the table when we searched the house just now and I believed that it is for you. ” He replied, and passed her a set of keys and a handwritten letter before walking away. 

She sobbed, and stared at the items in her hands and then turned to look at her cousin, who was wide-eyed. No one expected that this would happen. Furthermore, her dad was still good this morning. Bom shook her, “Dara-yah! Open the letter!!!!”. Dara nodded and opened the letter.

 

"Dara-yah, I am sorry that we had to lie to you. Your dad lost in a business case last month and had to borrow a sum of money from the bank. But because of alot of problems, the loan was not approved. But your dad placed the house on mortgage for the business case, which is why they took the house away. I’m sorry, we were too selfish and thus fled while you were in school…

But here is the key to the house I bought when I just started to work, and before I married appa. We don’t know when we would be back, so for now, just stay at that house, and we would be back to get you as soon as we can.”

I love you, 

omma.

 

.

..

..

.

 

“Dara-yah, just stay in my place! I will tell my appa!!” Bom said. But Dara looked away and stared at the address, and checked her phone for the location stated in the letter. 

“Bommie ah… look at the address.. Isn’t that the YG territory? Why would omma have a house there?”.

 

 

 

 

 

{a/n: haha a short update! I wrote this during my lunch break. I apologise for all the biology terms because i was studying for them before this hehe. anw, enjoy, and comment! :) This update is quite... hm... boring so i hope i didnt bore you out guys out >< }