Chapter Seven

I'm Right Here

Dara woke up with a start. She remembered very clearly what happened the day before. Was it a dream? She was not sure, it was too good to be true. The guy that she was slowly developing feelings for is the oppa that she has been waiting for since 16 years ago? How coincidental is that?

 

“I should just pretend that it was a dream… I don’t want to embarrass myself in front of him!” Dara thought, as she walked out of her room, preparing to wash up before joining the guys at the table. After washing out, instead of being greeted by an empty bedroom, she was greeted by Jiyong sitting by the bedpost. “Oh Jiyo-, I mean GD oppa, I’m sorry, I didn’t know that you were here” She squeaked. Jiyong walked up to her and wiped off the toothpaste that was left on her cheeks and whispered to her, “didn’t I tell you yesterday to call me Jiyong oppa instead?” She flushed a deep shade of red. “If I didn’t listen wrongly, if he allowed me to call him by his name, that means that I wasn’t dreaming about yesterday!” She thought. Her heartbeat increased, and she swore Jiyong could hear it from where he was.

 

“Jiyong oppa, didn’t you promise to give me answers today?” Dara asked him daringly and glared at him. Jiyong cocked up his eyebrows as he looked at the tiny girl glaring at him. He felt his heart skip a beat. This girl was so beautiful. He then stood at attention, like a little boy waiting questioning, and replied, “Your wish is my command, Your Highness.”

 

 

“First question… Why didn’t you look for me after that day?” Dara asked and gave a small pout. Jiyong was expecting that question.

 

“Since I was five,” he started, “I was adopted by Hyun Suk hyung, and nurtured to be the next leader of YG. I thought you would have heard all the things I’ve done to the people who crossed paths with me. Due to the tough trainings that were conducted at YG, I could not get out of the HQ during the day to look for you. I did sneak out many times at night though, to look for you. I went back to the school where I first met you and scanned the houses from the outside but I never saw you.” He looked at Dara and observed her reaction. Dara was having difficulty digesting this new piece of information. For years, she thought that the mysterious boy she met sixteen years ago had forgotten about her. It was heartwarming to know that he tried to find her many times. It was then that another question popped up in her mind. Jiyong was incredibly good looking, and it has been sixteen years since they last met. Even though she knew that Jiyong kept his promise, but did he ever meet another girl during this period?

 

“Jiyong oppa, can I ask another question?” she whispered softly. She was debating with herself internally if she should ask the question. What if the answer was what she didn’t want to hear? Jiyong looked at her with a soft look on his face and nodded. It dissolved all the worries she initially had about asking the question. Even if it was something she didn’t really want to listen, it wouldn’t mean anything much to her… Unless he was still together with… nevermind.

 

“Jiyong oppa, have you dated anyone during this sixteen years?” she whispered again. Jiyong’s expression changed. He never really dated anyone though, not seriously at least. He did not know how to reply her.

 

“Dara, I never dated anyone seriously. For sixteen years, I tried to find people who had similarities to you. Those were the people that I was infatuated to. But most of them just wanted me to get into their pants. Their personality changed, and that was when everything ended. Since the first time I met you, it has always been you. I know it would have greatly surpassed the promise we made… to just be friends though… Because I’m actually in love with you” Jiyong said seriously, but still with a soft tone.

 

Dara did not know what to feel. On one hand, it was an answer that she was disappointed, because she knew that Jiyong dated others before this. But on the other hand, she was happy that it was because Jiyong liked her. A thought then flashed through her mind. The past is the past; there was nothing that she could change about it. It was about what they choose to do from this moment on. In her heart, she knew that it was always him too, right from the start… until the night before.

 

Dara looked at Jiyong. “It has always been you for me too, until yesterday. I know that I’ve surpassed our promise too. But I guess its fine now because I think I like someone else now.” Jiyong’s expression changed, and pain was evident in his eyes. But then Dara then grinned at him, saying, “ I think I now like the leader of YG.” Jiyong’s eyes shot up. He was the current leader of YG! Does that mean that she was talking about him? She liked him? It was as if Dara could hear his thoughts as she nodded. “It has always been you oppa. Since I could remember, it was always been you. Yesterday when I met you again, I started liking you but I tried to suppress that feelings I had because of the promise I made with… you. But I guess it’s good now! I can continue liking you!” Jiyong smiled at Dara, because that meant that the feeling was mutual.

 

Dara then looked up at Jiyong again and said, “Lets get to know each other more first then! But do me a favour to keep it from the others. I don’t want a whole lot of gangsters and my dearest cousin to start swooning over us.” Jiyong looked at her and pinched her cheeks, and laughed as Dara pouted. “Yes Your Highness, your wish is my command, remember? Lets go wake the others up now should we?” Dara then smiled at him as he held her hands briefly, left the room and let go of them again. It was the best morning he ever had since he was born.

 

 

 

{a/n: Thank you so much for supporting this fic, even though I have just been blabbling my life away. :) Come find me at @jwiyongx on twitter! :) Enjoy!}