Baekhan: You're My Muse

We Could Be in Love: An Exo Drabble Collection

 

I don't think a summary is needed here lol. 

 

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

 

AU in which Lu Han is a senior in high school who happens to be an overnight YouTube singing sensation and Byun Baekhyun is his junior, best friend and trusty songwriter (who happens to have stagefright although he has an angelic voice that can rival Luhan's.) The singer busts through the practice room door with his guitar in hand and sits himself next to Baekhyun on the piano bench. The younger of the pair raises a brow at his partner who sheepishly smiles back. "Sorry I'm late." Baekhyun notices Luhan's wife beater sticking to his skin and his neck glistening with sweat, making him look even more attractive than he already is.


"You're two hours late, Luhan," Baekhyun answers as diverts his attention from a sweaty Luhan with pushed back hair and glistening muscles to his treasured songbook.

 

"I was playing soccer with Minseok and-"


"When are you not playing soccer with him?" The songwriter mutter under his breath.  "Let's get started, shall we? I came up with a melody."

 

"Already? How do you do it? You have a muse or something?" Baekhyun simply disregards the question thrown at him and begins to play the chords he had put together just a few minutes ago.

 

Luhan leans closer and rests his chin on Baekhyun's shoulder while trying to read the notes written down on the page. Baekhyun tries to ignore the singer's breath hitting his neck but how could one possibly ignore that? Luhan's arm practically touching Baekhyun's own and his face is less than a meter away- one turn of the head would result in lips flushing against another. The younger does his best to divert his attention to the melody being played but he simply couldn't due to the fact that his best friend doesn't know the definition of a personal bubble.


Luhan, being the musical genius he is, easily picks up the melody and starts playing along. The pair spend the next minute following along with the music sheet when Baekhyun's delicate looking hand bumps into Luhan's while trying to play the next few measures. The composer of the duo instantly feels the heat rising to his cheeks as he turn towards his partner to apologize. Luhan looks at the touching hands before looking up to meet Baekhyun's gaze and there's this certain look in his doe eyes that Baekhyun can't explain. If anything, Luhan looks like he's trapped in a daze.

 

Baekhyun watches as his partner's eyes flicker to his lips before looking straight into your eyes. He find himself glancing at Luhan's lips, the ones he's always dreamed about kissing; before they know it, the best of friends are leaning in, the space inbetween them getting smaller and smaller by the second. Their soft lips lightly brushed against another before Luhan took the initiative and fully captured Baekhyun's lips into a sweet kiss. The kiss is slow and gentle, but it causes the shy songwriter to feel butterflies in the pit of his stomach. Luhan's rough fingertips caressing his cheek causes Baekhyun to feel the electrifying sparks he's only heard about- sparks he's never experienced himself.

 

The kiss- this whole event causes the gears in Baekhyun's head to turn, ideas for lyrics coming out of nowhere. He breaks away and touches his forehead with Luhan, smiling brightly at his partner. Luhan sweetly smiles back, his eyes crinkling in the way that the younger absolutely adores. "You're my muse Lu," Baekhyun whispers before sweeping in to steal a kiss from the boy that took his heart away.

 
((The older boy breaks away this time, leaving a small gap between the two boys. "You know that my first name is Han, right Baek?" 
 
"Shut up, you old fart. You ruined the moment," Baekhyun whines against Luhan's lips.))
 
☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆
 
A/N: Here's the second drabble based on Disney Channel's Austin and Ally! That show is my guilty pleasure and it actually has a great outline if you happen to follow the show. It gives me a lot of feels and a lot of feels resulted in this fic, which once again was originally a Luhan/You fic found here. Austin and Ally often go through the songwriting process together, with Ally doing most of the writing and Austin giving constructive criticism since he can't compose or write lyrics himself. Austin mentioned once that he loved the way they always bumped hands while writing and this is where this whole idea came from. I hope you enjoy reading thid drabble too! Don't be afraid to comment!