Kaisoo: Stole My Heart

We Could Be in Love: An Exo Drabble Collection

Summary: Robin Hood!AU where the famous bandit, Kai, sneaks into Lord Kyungsoo's quarters to hide from the palace guards.

 

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

 

Kai was a well-known name around the parts of Nottingham: he was a skilled archer, swordsman and a kindhearted thief.

 

Kai's antics of robbing the rich and giving to the poor was the topic of Prince Sehun’s complaints, but Lord Kyungsoo had yet to see legendary bandit in action. He's only heard about his cousin's encounters with the boy. Then again, a lord like Kyungsoo wasn't allowed to go to town. He was to remain inside the castle at all times, for safety, his princely cousin always said, though the nobleman knew the real reason. But always the curious one, the wide-eyed male often daydreamed of the town's hero and life outside the castle doors.

 

Kyungsoo stared longingly out the window and at the small town up ahead. He wondered what it was like to live down there out in the open, not locked in day and night. Buried deep in his thoughts, the lord didn’t even notice a rope attached to an arrow land on his balcony floor. Kyungsoo snapped out of his thoughts as a hooded man climbed over the railing.

 

At first he couldn't mutter a word but when Kyungsoo saw a bow attached to his back and a dagger to his belt, the lord didn't fail to scream, “GUARDS! GUA-” The person scrambled to cover the lord's heart-shaped mouth with his gloved hand. Kyungsoo shut his eyes, struggling in the person’s hold until he heard a suave voice calming him down. The tiny lord peeked to see gleaming brown eyes staring back at him.

 

“They were right- you are beautiful,” he spoke, releasing Kyungsoo from his grip.

 

“Who said that?” the lord snapped, flustered by the man's smoothness. “And what are you doing in my quarters?”

 

“The people of Nottingham, milord. They said the lord who lived here was a beauty who cared for the poor.”

 

“And might I ask who you are?”

 

“My apologies milord. I am Kai,” he pulled his hood to reveal a young, charming face. Kyungsoo gasped in reply- the man he longed to see was standing right in front of him. The thief's tanned face was speckled with dirt and his hair resembled a bird's nest but he was absolutely breathtaking.

 

“The town speaks highly of you so I took the chance to use your quarters as a safe haven. You wouldn't report me to the guards, I’m sure?”

 

“Of course not,” the tiny lord answered shyly, feeling a bit intimidated by the theif's presense.

 

“May I ask what you’ve stolen?” Kyungsoo glanced at the sack Kai slung over his shoulder.

 

Kai shook his head and set the sack down to reveal a pile rusted gold coins. “Simply the money Sehun the Selfish took from the church’s donation box. It belongs to the town.”

 

“Thank you for taking such good care of the people. You are a good man, Kai,” the lord found himself smiling in gratitude.

 

“I’m only doing what I think is right, milord. No need to thank me.”


Kai stayed for a few minutes more and the two talked about anything and everything to pass the time. Kyungsoo found Kai quite the charmer- it's no wonder the servants of the castle, mostly females and some males as well, fawned over the thief's wanted posters.


Glancing out the window, he frowned at the setting sun. “I think it’s time I take my leave.”

 

Kyungsoo felt disappointed but he knew Kai had a duty to fulfill. “I suppose it is.”

 

He was walking towards the balcony when Kyungsoo suddenly grabbed hold of the thief's hand. Shocked, Kai turned around. “Yes?”

 

“Don’t I get a reward?” Kyungsoo asked, catching the younger boy off guard. Kai cutely blinked back in response. “I've kept quiet this whole time to keep you safe…” the shorter of the two blushed, inwardly punishing himself for his unexpected request.

 

Kai laughed at the suggestion. “I suppose you do deserve a reward.” Tugging on Kyungsoo's tiny hand to pull him forward, the shorter of the two lost his footing and ended up in Kai's embrace- Kyungsoo's hand touching the thief's firm chest with his arm around Kyungsoo's small waist. His eyes were glossy, but to Kyungsoo, they looked absolutely stunning. He nervously bit his lip before swooping down for a sweet kiss. Kyungsoo's eyelids fluttered to a close at the warm contact, gripping his shirt as Kai eagerly pressed his body against the lord's smaller build. But as much as Kai wanted to deepen the kiss, he had to go.

 

Kai left one last soft, lingering kiss before breaking away. “Until next time,” he winked as he threw his body over the railing.

Kyungsoo could only shake his head as he leaned over the veranda, watching Kai make his way back down with the stolen money. It was then Kyungsoo realized that Kai had not only taken the goods rightfully belonging to the poor, but also one of the lord's very valued treasures- Kai had stolen Kyungsoo's heart as well.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

A/N: This was originally a Luhan/You tweetfic I wrote for my dearest darlingest Arie! If anyone wants to read the original, I could always post it as a blog post. I jsut realized I never posted it on my tumblr, whoops~ But anyways, here's the first fluffy drabble! I was inspired after watching Disney's Robin Hood a while back and I hope you guys enjoy this Robin Hood!AU ^^ Please feel free to shoot me a comment on how disgustingly cheesy this word-vomit is! I know it lacks a lot of detail but it was a tweetfic so...yeah. But yes, please tell me what you think after reading!