Chenyin: Once upon a dream

We Could Be in Love: An Exo Drabble Collection

Summary: In which forest elf Jongdae hears a beautiful voice while wandering in the woods and finds a forest fairy singing about lovers and dreamers.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

“I know you, I’ve walked with you once upon a dream…”

 

Jongdae lived in the forest for many years and had the chance to hear many fairies sing their songs, but this was the first time he came across a voice as melodious as the one he was hearing at that very moment. With his heightened hearing, the forest elf followed the sweet-sounding voice until he reached a clear meadow.

 

And there she was:  a forest fairy clad in all white catering to the wild blossoms across the wide clearing. Her wavy chestnut hair and transparent wings glowed under the bright light of the golden afternoon. The crown of flowers placed on her head only enhanced her beauty and what a sight it was. The elf watched as she danced to her own tune, her small hands daintily skimming across the flowers that bloomed from her touch. Her long skirt flowed along with her as she spun across the meadow, singing songs of lovers and dreamers.

 

Jongdae, by all means, was entranced, and found himself closing the distance between them. And suddenly, he spun her into his arms as he sang the perfect harmony to her melody.

 

Shocked by the other person’s presence, the flower fairy fluttered her wings and moved away from the stranger. Her amber eyes flashed as she shot the elf a curious look.

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you,” Jongdae apologized as he took baby steps towards her.

 

“No, it’s not that,” she answered back. Her speaking voice was as pleasant as her singing. “Have we met before?”

 

“Why, of course we have,” the elf chuckled in reply. “You said so yourself; once upon a dream.”

 

The elf took hold of her hand and kissed it. “Jongdae, at your service, milady.” He looked up and his hazel eyes met her sparkling amber ones. The corner of his lips curved up into a blinding smile as she shyly broke eye contact.

 

“Liyin,” she uttered softly . “My name is Liyin.”

 

It was prettiest name he’d ever heard.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

originally posted on tumblr! reblog the post and spread this around if you want to? the graphic was created by mishie ^_^ i saw it and i was like "miSHIE CAN I ADD A DRABBLE TO YOUR GRPAHIC??" and she let me, so tadah~!! i would've posted this on its own but i thought the drabble was too short (it's only like 336 words) unlike my other chenyin drabbles which are usually about 1k? i'm sorry i can't write long things lol. but yeah, comment and tell me what you think~!!