09

Warm Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

~   Hyeji P.O.V.

 

     It was such a strange feeling...I knew what was going on but it's different everytime. Usually I'm able to contain myself but lately things have been changing--like how I think I'm sleeping but I wake up unable to remember anything or my head just really hurts--it already happened more than once but it's something you can't get used to. I woke up, after falling, on the same couch Sangdo was laying on before I told him I was going to go out--he opened his eyes wide when he realized I was awake.

    "Hyeji-ssi! God what happened to you? I heard a noise so I went outside and I saw you on the ground--and why was there blood? Are you okay?" He exclaimed--saying the words so fast it took me a while to process them. "I--I'm fine really, it happens all the time." I said, trying to make him drop the subject, but he was too smart to be fooled. "You...you're not 'sick' are you? You know what I mean, so don't pretend like you don't know. I know what it is...just not where you are in it." He said, "If you do then you should be more careful."

     I sighed, it was something I didn't want anyone to figure out, "Yeah...promise not to tell anyone though--I don't want the others to figure out..."He nodded his head and allowed me to continue, "I think you know already so theres no point in lying...I just don't know how to say it..." He stared at me, ready to listen to anything I was going to say. "...but I have stage Three-A lung cancer."

     I saw his face drop when I said that. "Hyeji...." he said softly. I turned away and said, "There's no point in trying to symphathize with me--I'm ready for what's coming. My family is too poor to be able to pay for all the fancy medical equipment and bills--I mean my mother is already in the hospital, she's more important...that's why I want to make the ones I love happy before I leave." It was unsuspecting--but Sangdo hugged me.

    "I can't say you'll make it or you won't...If I had the power to do so I'd make you stay." He said, "You're really great you know? You're mom must be really proud to have a daughter like you." I smiled then said, "Yeah? Thank you Sangdo." He let go of me then asked, "How did you get it? It's okay if you don't want to answer." I shook my head--it didn't bother me anymore. "My mom said before she got re-married that her ex-husband--my real dad-- was a 'hardcore' smoker and had the audacity to smoke in front of me when I was a newborn. She said it went on for two years until she had the courage to leave him...but then she couldn't take her son because the court wouldn't allow her to...so he's out there somewhere." 

    I felt like Sangdo knew something because he started thinking about it--but logically it was impossible. "Hyeji, if you don't mind me asking, what's you're mom's name?" I thought it was awkward that he'd ask me that, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to tell him--not like he'd ever meet her or anything. "Jang Hyemi. Why?" I said--but he asked another, "And you're dad? I mean your biological father." That took me a while--I haven't heard his name in a while...but it popped up in my mind again. "I think it was...Sangmin? Aigoo....um Yu Sangmin." His eyes widened when I said that name. "W-what? Is there something wrong?" I asked--but he didn't answer. Just then we both turned our heads to the large metal door. Standing there was Kidoh holding onto Hojoon then Gohn and Jenissi walked in after. 

    "Hojoon!" Sangdo yelled out, rushing over to Hojoon with me following behind him. "What happened--where'd you guys find him?" He asked the trio. "Hyung was limping not to far away from us when we were heading out--he fell to the ground so we just carried him back." Kidoh said, "He's awake--just really tired. We already told the others we found him--we'll just have to wait until tomorrow until he gets his energy back, but the thing is: Topp Dogg can't go out anymore. There's police out everywhere--seems like the people you and Hojoon met tonight lied to the police that we just attacked on spot...so we'll have to lay low for a while. Xero seems like the only person that can save us now--you know, since his family can bribe them so we can be freed." 

    "Why did you guys even go out tonight? I saw all the chaos in the city today, there were gangsters and police everywhere with ambulances. Was this a 'fight bet' or whatever? The two of you could've gotten in real trouble!" I said, practically lecturing Sangdo a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter