12

Warm Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  ~   Hyeji P.O.V

 

     It was as if ever since I confessed my secret a week ago, Hojoon never acted the same with me. He'd used to want to do everything for me and always kept watch...but now, it was as if he was distancing himself away from me--he even went back to sleeping on the floor, even though sleeping together was never established. It's not as if I don't understand, after it seemed like I was the one he really opened himself up to...if I were him I'd be thinking the same--afterall, he practically lost everything he cared about except his friends. They were probably the only people 'fueling' his hope to live.

     "Hyeji!" A voice said, dragging myself from deep thought. I almost forgot I was on the bus with Sangdo, he's the one that's been taking me to school lately even on the days he didn't have classes. For a couple days when we'd have class together, he'd sometimes help me look for my brother, but there wasn't much hope. I'd ask my mom for help but most likely she would be in her other world while I spoke to another person. "Sorry." I said, "I just have something on my mind." He nodded his head before saying, "It's okay, it's not like it doesn't happen to everyone else." 

     Ever since I started being ignored by Hojoon, Sangdo was the one that really talked to me. All the other members would just stare--I guess they still aren't used to me--but then Xero still went off all cheerfully and full of life as always. We both finally reached the stop to the University, people sort of calmed down about me hanging around Topp Dogg, but I'm sure they still talk about it. I was sure Sangdo wanted to say something to me, but every single time he'd always cut himself off and say 'nevermind'.

     "Hey, I'll catch you later afterschool. Wait at the main Campus grounds, I have to ask my Professor about something before I leave and it might take a while. We can grab something to eat before we go back to the others--but don't tell them anything about it." He said, patting my back after dropping me off to my classroom. I nodded my head in approval and replied back, "Okay--wait, jajangmyeon afterschool! I've been craving for some lately." The best way to describe Sangdo was the brother I never had--like those siblings you'd see in movies--but not the ones that look like they'd kill each other when their parents aren't home.

     I seriously didn't like to spend my time in the school--breaks were the only time I could 'observe' people but it barely lasted more than ten minutes. It was as if I was wasting my time honestly. A few minutes into the break, I was surprised to see B-Joo walking towards me. I looked around thinking I'd catch Hansol or Xero along with him, but no, just him. "Hey." He said, taking a seat on the cement bench next to me. "Hi, didn't expect to see you here. I didn't know you attended this school." I said. 

     B-Joo gave me a surprised face, "Seriously? I walked past you and Sangdo like three times this week--he even waved once." "Oh--I mean, right." I said--I really didn't remember, but I didn't want to make him feel like I don't notice him. "Anyways...do you know what's up with Hojoon lately? I mean....you're the only person that's ever seen the guy's other side. I don't ever recall him being happy before you came." he said. I looked down as I heard Hojoon's name then sighed, "Y-yeah..." 

     "Oh...I don't really mean to intrude...but he's really different now. What happened?" B-Joo asked again. "Well...it's kind of hard to explain really." I said, trying to avoid the question--but I think I made the past situation sound even more dire, because now he had this anxious expression on. "OH GOD ARE YOU--" He yelled out but then covered his mouth as he realized he just completely yelled out and caught the attention of a few people. After people looked away and went back to their conversations, he whispered to me, "...pregnant?"

     "What!? No! No I'm not! I never even--I mean no!!" I exclaimed, grabbing people's attention again. I covered my face and took a deep breath, "No." "I got it, I got it okay?" He said, "Sorry if I offended you--it just seemed like that was the news." I shook my head, "It's alright. I shouldn't have overreacted--I just...I don't know what to say to him anymore." B-Joo snapped and made me look up at him. "I'll tell you what, it's probably something you don't know." He started, "Hojoon--ehh he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter