10

Warm Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  ~   Sangdo P.O.V.

 

     I was woken by a hard hand on my chest--almost making me want to instantaneously punch that person, but before I could react, I realized it was P-Goon. "Hyung? Hey what's up?" I said, trying to wake myself up at the momment. He yawned before saying, "Xero will talk to his parents first thing in the morning. It's gonna be fine in a few hours thanks to him, since his family has connections." I wanted to groan and kick him away for waking me up at god knows what time it is right now. "Oh...is that all?" I asked, eager to go back into my deep slumber.

    "He's soft. God that sounded weird--I mean he's getting all soft on us after he brought her. I'm sure you realized it too--he's usually as cold as ice...it's not that I don't appreciate that somebody's making him happy--he deserves it afterall...but the thing is...he's getting weaker. What happened last night?" He asked in a stern manner. "He got pissed off when they were talking about Hyeji. So much to the point he started the fight. We barely got out...there were a lot of them. Bystanders called the police--and I guess they mentioned us and most likely the Mavericks said we started it all too. We got out fast but Hojoon helped me escape and went off on his own so I assumed he got back but he wasn't here....that's all."

    "Alright." He said, shaking his head at the same time. As he got off the couch, he started walking away but said, "Thanks, all I wanted to know." I myself was about to fall back asleep--but I remembered what Hyeji told me: about her father. "Hyung." I said, stopping him where he was. He casually turned back. "What is it?" He asked. I wasn't sure how'd he take it...seriously or a joke--either way I was about to find out. "What if I said...I think Hyeji....is my sister?" I swear, it looked like he was holding in the laugh of his lifetime--as if I was lying on purpose to get him to wake everyone up.

    "Why do you say that?" He asked, "You both look nothing alike--and her family are on the other side of the country--" "She said her dad's name is Sangmin: Yu Sangmin. My name is Yu Sangdo and my dad's name is Sangmin. Her mom divorced her dad when she was three or so and my dad said it too when I was four--it explains everything. We never met because we were separated at a young age--so we don't remember each other." I said, trying to make him understand. "I told you to keep it a secret and I thank you that you did--for almost five years. I think she really is though...and if the reason she came her was to find her brother...she doesn't know it's me. Do you understand? She's looking for me...she wants me to meet our mom again."

    "Just tell her then." P-Goon said, "You're gonna make it hard on both of you if you don't say anything. I'm not asking you to kill a tiger with your bare hands, it's not hard, just tell her." I sighed, "But what if she doesn't believe me? What if she laughs like how you almost did?" He coughed like he was never going to before I explained the situation to him. "She'll know." He said. "Go back to sleep now, you have an important thing to do in the morning."

    I laid back down once he said that. He was right, telling her would be easy--it's really just the outcome I'm afraid of. I didn't want her to laugh at me or slap me for 'pretending' to be her long lost brother--that was the last thing I wanted. I guess when I thought everything was lost...one thing came slipping back to me: my sister. True we don't have your average brother and sister relationship--at least she isn't afraid of me, but most importantly: she didn't end up like me.

~

    The second time I was awoken--everyone was up and running about, going through with the daily routine--except we weren't allowed to step outside. "Are you okay now? As in fit to walk around?" B-joo asked--litterally poking my face. I whacked his hand away with mine then sat up right away. "Yeah, yeah." I said, stretching my muscles out. It was funny--all of us being adults were still childish. I mean you can't really blame us--Xero, Yano, and Nakta were the ones that actually had a 'good' childhood.

    In the corner of my eyes I happened to see Hyeji walking to one of our fire pits and warming herself up. It didn't take long for me to see Hojoon sitting down right beside her. Young love...it sickens me--total sarcasm. But I can say I'm a bit jealous of it--it's been since senior year I had a girlfriend. She didn't break up with me because of my status though: she moved to Busan on our sixth month together. I remembered I had to tell Hyeji and hoped that she wouldn't do anything that would make me regret my decision, but I didn't want it to seem like I was ing them. 'Maybe tomorrow' I thought to myself.

 

Hyeji P.O.V.

 

     I put my blanket over Hojoon as we were bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter