11

Warm Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  ~   Hyeji P.O.V

 

     Hojoon and I decided to stay at Yano's workplace for a while, I mean who wouldn't? The food here is delicious--I wouldn't say anything if anyone would just want to live here. Even though he's a gangster, it was as if this place here was able to change him--not just the place--but her: Najung. Call me a creeper if you want, but I noticed when either one of them was doing something, the other would look back and smile like how people would act towards the people they like. It's easy to see--these two really can't make it any more obvious.

     "Hyeji." Hojoon said, laying is hand on top of mine across the table, "Where do you want to go after this?" He asked. I didn't even think about anything--this place was still a bit new to me, so I replied with "I don't know--you lived here longer than me, aren't there any hot spots?" "I'll go wherever you go, nothing bothers me." He said. I really didn't care whever we went--just as long if he came along. It was strange that when we first met I thought we'd never get close. Life is a weird thing isn't it? "I just--" I began, but stopped when I saw something fall in the corner of my eye.

     I turned my head out to the window, making him do it too. This year's first snow? It has been chilly lately so it isn't a surprise--but it's just that the snow was thick: it was already making piles outside. Najung surprisingly walked up to Hojoon and I while we were looking outside, instantly turning our heads when we heard her voice. "It's beautiful as always this year." She said. Once she realized we were both staring at her, she did a literal 90 degree bow to us, "I'm sorry." She apologized for no reason. 

     "It's alright, you were fine." I said as casually as I could. Najung stared at me for a while then at Hojoon, then back at me. "Omo! Are you that girl people have been talking about? The girl that's been with Topp Dogg recently?" she said, completely flabbergasted. I looked at Hojoon, just making sure if I was the right one--because who knows, what if there were some other fearless girl that Nakta, Jenissi, or any of the others were seeing--but he nodded my head so it gave me a definite answer. "Yeah." I said, not really sure why she was asking.

     She grinned at me like I was her hero or somebody she really admired. "You're really brave. There's a lot of people talking about you, saying things like you're changing them--or that you're a female gangster, but I don't believe the second one at all. I already know Topp Dogg aren't bad people..." She looked back at Yano and continued, "...for example: Sangwon. He's a nice guy." I guess Hojoon was only letting me talk this time--he didn't even take an approach to socialize with her.

    "He is isn't he." I said, "He's a funny guy too once you get to know him." She made a small smile and said softly, "Is that so..." It's a fact now...she likes him. The only problem here: I think she's scared--not of him...but she's scared about what people would say to her once they find out about them if they ever become a couple. "Najung right?" I said, turning her attention to me, "Don't be afraid okay? Your choices are what define you--so don't let others make decisions for you. Do what you want, and don't regret it." She nodded her head then walked away. I can't push people together...but I hope they can understand what I teach.

     I got up after she left and went to Hojoon's side. "Yah, let's go now." I said, trying to pull him up off from his seat--but obviously I was too weak to ever be able to pick him up. He got up on his own and threw an arm around me, "Okay, okay. Let's go wherever you want to--but once it's dark, we're going where I want to go." "Home?" I asked. He shook his head and said, "Nope, it's a surprise." Ugh, I both hated and loved surprises--waiting for them was a pain, but in the end it was always good.

     Once I pushed the door open, we were walking on the snowy, half-covered sidewalk. "Aigoo, I wasn't prepared for this." I complained, knowing it would get even more cold later, but the moment I said that, Hojoon pulled me in closer to him and said, "It's okay, I was just about to say the same thing." We walked to this little clothing store in search for gloves and all sorts of accessories that would keep us warm, but we were almost turned around by the security just because Hojoon was in Topp Dogg. I guess people were still shaken up about that incident last night.

    In the end I was the only one allowed inside while he had to wait outside--I was worried if he was getting cold outside, so I quick

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter