07

Warm Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~   Hyeji P.O.V.

 

     Xero acted like a total gentleman as he opened the car door for me and politely spoke to me--it struck me as odd because I was seeing a total different side of him. "Here, don't mind if anything is strange--I'll understand." He said, opening the front door for me. I would've understood what he was talking about--but I was unaware of what would happen next. Right when he opened the door, we were greeted by two maids and two butlers. The two maids took my arms side by side and were begining to take me away. "Uh, um Jiho? Jiho what's going on?" I said, completely confused. He just smiled at me and said, "They're just going to 'freshen' you up." 'Freshen?' I thought to myself. 

     I was taken to a luxurious room--seemed more like a bedroom but there were clothing/shoes/ and even makeup racks all around the room. "The young master ordered us to have these for you when you came. Just keep calm, we'll take care of you." An older woman said, appearing from behind one of the clothing racks. She walked up to me and lifted my chin with her index finger. "We'll give you an all natural look--how does the color peach sound? Or ?" She said. I was too overwhelmed by what was going on so I made a weird but audible sound saying 'yeah'.

     Dressing up wasn't really my kind of thing--I mean I rarely used makeup myself--but this time was different. I mean some of the all out expensive things here were gonna be used on me! There were two ladies applying makeup on me while another was doing my hair and I saw the eldest woman through the mirror: she was picking out a dress for me with other unnecessary acessories and these killer heels that looked like you'd break your ankle if you fell. When they finished applying makeup and curling my hair, they were almost about to put a long dress on for me. "Wait! It's okay I can do it myself." I exclaimed. I quickly got dressed and put on the jewelry--even those heels--and left the room after they 'examined' if I wore it correctly, as if I didn't know how to put on clothes.

    After what felt like four years walking down these glass stairs--not because there were a lot of steps--but because of these six inch killer heels, I was afraid of falling and breaking my neck. It was amazing that Xero had his own glass house on his family owned land. This huge glass house...was all his...you'd probably get really lonely here--but maybe that's why he'd rather stay with Topp Dogg. They were able to keep him happy...just like me--well I was comfortable with them at least.

    I saw through the glass it was darker outside and Xero pacing back and forth near a table of food. It looked as if he were rehearsing something because he'd move his hands and shake his head as he walked. It took me a while to find a door knob that led to the outside, so when I did, I opened the door quietly. He was wearing an all clean and white oxford suit with brown shoes--expensive, head to toe, it wasn't hard to tell. It seemed like I was almost as tall as him now because originally my height would stop a few centimeters where his chin was.

     The moment he saw me, he just stood dazed. "Um...is it that weird? I don't dress up often..." I said, breaking the ice. He regained himself and cleared his throat. "You look pretty in that--I mean you always do." he complimented. I giggled, "Thanks." I said. It was awkward for me to wear such pretty clothes when I was still beat up. He stuck his hand out to me politely and said with a cheeky smile, "Would you care to join me for lunch?" I placed my hand on his, "Gosh, it's so awkward when you speak formally--it kinda scares me." He laughed, "Sorry, it's been that way ever since I was born." he said.

     At first they were unnoticeable, but there was a trio of musicians that began to play the viola for us. I waited for him to start eating before I did, since this was out of my comfort zone. "Hyeji." Xero suddenly said. I raised my head and took a sip of water. "Hmm?" Right after, he pointed at the horizon, "That whole field there...it's really all mine." I swear I almost choked on the water--like how rich could he be.

     "Anything you'd like...I could give it to you. Would you like that?" Hearing him say that made me a bit greedy--but then that's not what I'd want. "Look Jiho...that's really nice of you to be saying something like that...but it's really fine. Money doesn't mean happiness-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter