Indistinct Feeling

Warm Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~   Hyeji P.O.V.

 

     All I remembered last night was what happened and walking back to Hojoon's place, even though I felt like there was something important happened--but I found myself sleeping on his bed with band-aids and him holding me. I tried to push him away a little but it was no use...he was comfortable like this--I honestly was too. This guy I met, just two days ago, would do anything for my safety.

     'I questioned myself why would he do it...the answer I thought just couldn't be true...I didn't want it to be true. Listening to his peaceful breathing and gently look right now...there was something I really liked about him--love? Maybe. Love is just a temporary lapse in judgement--kind of like a mental disorder. It isn't about logic or reason, or even the amount of time you've known that person. My head hurts still...maybe I'll just sleep some more.' I thought to myself. 'Hojoon...do I love you? I want to thank you...though I can't say it in those simple words.'

 

Hojoon P.O.V.

 

    I woke up to find Hyeji still sleeping soundly as she was last night. I don't know if the way I'm acting to her is normal...I act like this around her because she's the first person to actually acknowledged Topp Dogg and just me in general. She smiles like there's noting else in the world that could turn her upside down. She's definentely not an angel, but she's a nice person...not afraid to do things. Weak and fragile but strong-hearted. I have this feeling in me--telling me to protect her. I want to and I will. She's unaware of the dangers around her...I think it's time I tell her the things about us she needs to know. I got out of the bed, fixing the blankets onto her, then left the room. Xero was waiting outside the door,

    "What happened?" He asked, "Why'd you tell me to open the door and the first thing I saw was Hyeji bruised up? What happened?" "Nothing." I lied--but Xero was obviously smart enough to know that. "Who was she attacked by? Snake Eyes still out there? Or was it HI-Roll3rs?" "Snake Eyes are all almost gone--it wasn't HI-Roll3rs, they had yellow bandanas." I replied, able to memorize.

     Xero looked over into my room to see Hyeji. "You have to keep her safe--if you won't, I will--and believe me I will." he said, "I like this girl; we all do. It's not everyday that normal people don't give us dirty looks and curse at us." "I know...it was just an accident yesterday." I said, thinking about how stupid I was for not bringing her along--even after I told Seogoong nobody would find out about her. I was reckless and I took her around town like nobody would recognize me. Now a gang knows...a gang knows and it's all my fault.

    "Hojoon!" I heard P-Goon's thundering voice, "Get over here now!" I headed towards his direction then he showed me his phone. "Look, Yano sent me this picture on his way to work--there's literally over twenty of them spray-painted in the city, everywhere." he said in a serious but low tone. The graffitti he was showing me had my name on it under an impressive art block saying; "Mavericks". "I believe it's a new gang." He said, "They're challenging you."

     "What did I do this time?" I asked. P-Goon shrugged, "You do anything last night that might've caused this?" I thought about what happened to Hyeji, "I'll go." I said, "But I want someone to come along. I'm sure they're gonna have backup too." P-Goon looked up the stairs to see Sangdo and suggested, "Take Sangdo--he needs a little experiance anyways--and he's a pretty tough guy." "Sangdo!" I called out, making him turn his attention to me. "What?" He asked. "You and I are gonna go down to the city tonight okay?" I said. He just nodded his head and turned away.

     "Ever know what's up with that him?" I whispered to P-Goon.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter