Entry 2

Dear Diary, My First Love
 
~ G-Dragon (ft Dara) - Hello ~

 
 

Baekhyun’s eyes roamed around the class as he stood awaiting the teacher’s cue.

Without even looking up, the other students just continued minding their own business, some staring at their textbooks, some still chatting with friends, some touching up their makeup and others were either staring out the window or taking a nap on the desks. It seems like they didn’t even notice their teacher walk in with someone new trailing behind. Or maybe they did but just couldn’t care less about it. Baekhyun believed the latter thought was more likely. Similarly the teacher couldn’t care less about the nonchalant attitude of students and instead quickly ushered him to hurry up and get the introductions over and done with – something Baekhyun more than happily obliged with.

A smile graced his face and left as quick as it came.

With a deep breath and bold step forward, he inhaled once more.

“ANNYEONGHASEYO!”

Chairs screeched and students jumped up in their seats as the overly enthusiastic voice boomed throughout the class. The teacher almost slipped off his chair. Makeup smudged on the girls’ faces, earning frustrated squeals and screams. Mirrors fell out of hand and a few heads shot up from the napping students, eyes half opened and trails of saliva evident around their mouth.

All eyes quizzically fixed onto the new transfer who in return beamed proudly now that all attention was on him and him only. His very being was b with confidence, confidence that looked so out of the world in the eyes of others.

Voice loud and clear, he continued “future singer-slash-idol star, Byun. Baek. Hyun-imnida! Nice to meet you all” cheekily finishing with a boyish grin that had the girls swooning – which was quite the sight seeing how the smudged mascara, lipstick, eyeliner, etc on their faces remained unfixed and forgotten – as was their previous annoyance towards the new student.   

Eyes continue to follow Mr Byun as he smoothly makes his way to his assigned desk. Some looked at him with curiosity, some still confused, but most of all they looked at him with interest. Be it guys or girls. Needless to say, with his outspoken nature and seemingly amusing character, making friends was no problem.

Once seated, the teacher quickly proceeded with his class whilst a small number of students actually listened. Hushed whispers about the new student could be faintly heard from all four corners and glances were thrown at him every so often.

Baekhyun flashed another friendly smile at a female classmate once eye contact was made and girly giggles followed.

The lesson was passing by moderately fast with the teacher’s sloppy reciting of the textbook, words slurred as he spoke. Such half-assed teaching made it difficult for anyone to maintain focus on learning and Baekhyun himself was already tuning out of the lesson as he turns to look for something more interesting outside the window.

His mind wanders back to this morning.

Only the night before did he had trouble sleeping due to his excitement of going to a new school, meeting some new friends and just having a fresh new start. Maybe that’s why he had woken up too early, not that he minded. For he could already feel his senses tingling, itching to go out and explore the town – but obviously did not get very far in doing so since he spent all his time at the beach.

It didn’t really require much exploring to find the place either. He had already noticed it yesterday as his family drove down to the new house in the afternoon. There was just something about that beach that drew him in when he first saw it from the car window. So beautiful and calming. The effect it gave off rippled across the rest of town, painting a lovely, warming image that had etched itself into Baekhyun’s mind. This was his new home.

When he had left the house this morning, he knew that the first place he had to go was there.  He wasn't exactly planning on staying for long but who knew just how captivating that place is? How comforting it is just to be there?

Just thinking about it brought a soft smile to his face.

The sound of the calm morning sea soothing his ear whilst soft wind wraps around him, embracing his body. Warm gold coats his front as the sun steadily rose to the sky.

Everything just made him love this place even more and he couldn’t bring himself to leave just yet.

Here peace engulfed him, leading him into a world of his own. Unknown to him, his eyelids slowly dropped as he took in everything around him, at the same time, gradually falling into gentle slumber.

And had he not heard the sound of soft giggles interrupting his sleep, he may not have even woken up.

Baekhyun’s brows furrowed when the image of a girl’s blurred silhouette flashed up in his mind. Head cocked to the side, he wondered if he was simply hallucinating. But as he recalled seeing that girl in a white summer dress hurriedly scuttling off, he knew it was too real to be a fragment of his imagination. Or maybe he was just mixing his dreams with reality-

“Hey, future singer-slash-idol star!”

Snapped out of his thoughts, Baekhyun looked up to see his classmates gathered around him with friendly smiles. Thoughts pushed aside, that same boyish grin returns to his face, this time slightly wider.

 

 

 


A/N: I guess this was just a little side chapter showing what Baek's character is like. I was only planning to give him a little paragraph before continuing with the actual story but as you can see, I had trouble trying to stop typing lol
 
Thank you for subscribing and commenting ^_^