Entry 13

Dear Diary, My First Love
20th July 2009
Months have passed since appa met Baekhyun oppa. Needless to say, I have still been meeting up with Baekhyun oppa despite appa’s advice. The thought of his words however, continues to weigh on my thoughts.
Well in my defense, it’s not like he told me never to see oppa again right?
The problem is…isn’t it natural that people grow closer to one another the more time we spend together?
Obviously I didn’t tell oppa what appa had said. It’s during little moments of silence between the two of us that I can’t help but to feel the weight of appa’s words and unknowingly I feel the squeeze in my heart from the guilt…

 

…with the snap of his fingers, Eunmi was awoken from her little dazing session.

“Mi-ah, you~ seem to be staring at me a lot lately” he tilts his head and grins mischievously “I know I’m good looking but please refrain from falling for my charms missy.”

His boasting caused the girl to roll her eyes at him “tch, how could anyone be so full of themselves?” She says, a small smile hanging on her lips.

“Hey hey! …well if I must say so myself” he slightly pinches his chin as though he’s in serious thoughts, “…these bad boy charms are to die for” striking a pose with one hand forming a gun-like sign at his chin.

He flashes her a grin which in return receives a scoff from the younger girl.

Eunmi stands up from the steps that they were sat on, dusting herself off. She casts Baekhyun another look, to see that he was still grinning at her. “You are impossible” shaking her head, she walks away.

“Mi-ah! Wait up!”

Baekhyun quickly jumps to his feet and catches up with her in no time, colliding into her side when he reaches her.

“Hey, how about we head into town?”

“Town?”

“Yeh, it’s good to go somewhere different for once. Hm?” he nudges her side “what dya say?”

Eunmi looked down worriedly, teeth grazing her bottom lip “mm I dunno, I don’t really feel comfortable being around…people

“Mi-ah, you need to open up to the world a bit more. What are you, an alien?” he joked “it’s not like we’re going to socialise with other people. It’s still just you and me…hm?”

Eunmi looked like an innocent child as she stared up at him unsurely, with her big doe eyes.

“Oh come on~ it’ll be fine, trust me! You know you can trust oppa right?” Baekhyun smiled encouragingly. “M, m” she hummed as she firmly shook her head, left to right.  His smile immediately wiped off his face.

“Yah.”

...

“And here we are! Welcome to the centre of life in this town” Baekhyun spreads his arms out wide, grinning at the less than pleased Eunmi.

 

Ok…I don’t know how it happened. But Baekhyun oppa somehow got me to this place. People were scattered around here but it seems to get busier the further you go inside. And oh dear God, Baekhyun oppa seems to be walking us to that central area of human traffic.

 

Baekhyun felt someone grip onto the hem of his shirt. He looked behind to check on Eunmi, only to find the poor girl clinging onto him whilst avoiding any kind of contact with any other human being as though they were an infectious species.

“Mi-ah, relax will you”

“Oppa~ I-I can’t do this, let’s just go home” she sulked.

Baekhyun lets at a sigh “when are you not at home?”

“When I’m at the beach…or up at the mountain” she says matter of factly.

He gives her a ‘really?’ look, dismissing her point “you need to come out more often.”

“I’m perfectly fine going out to the beach every morning” Eunmi mutters, jumping when a man almost bumped into her whilst walking past.

Baekhyun heard a little yelp behind him and the grip on his shirt tightens. He turns to check on the younger girl worriedly. “You ok?”

Eunmi pouted at him, “oppa, I wanna go home~”

Her eyes were practically begging him to agree. Eunmi was being overly whiny, she knew. She was acting like a spoilt kid but she strayed so far from her comfort zone that she couldn’t care less about her behaviour right now.

Baekhyun eyes held hers, as though he was thinking through what course of action to take. He was clearly reluctant on giving up this outing.

“Mi-ah, just put up with it a little longer, hm?”

Persistently shaking her head to his request, Eunmi continues to try pulling her best puppy dog eyes on him. And sighing at her stubbornness, Baekhyun places both hands on her shoulders “…you’re being too mindful of the people around us. It’s just you and me here, forget everyone else.”

Eunmi shutted up for a bit and stared into Baekhyun's eyes that were telling her to just trust him.

Strangely enough, in that moment with his hands on her shoulders and their eyes fixed on each other’s, Eunmi's vision was focused on the boy in front of her only. It felt as though everyone, everything else surrounding them had actually dissolved into the background. Even the air around her seemed to have lightened up, allowing her more space to breath.

“…ok?”

In a trance, Eunmi found herself obediently nodding. The older boy smiled victoriously, happy that she’s finally willing to stay.

“First things first, let’s go grab some ice cream first to keep you…occupied”

He slung his arm around her shoulder, keeping her close.

Eunmi face warmed. As she looked up at him – his eyes set in the distance. Hand reaching for her chest, she feels a thump that sent tickilish tingles throughout her body.

With him by her side, she felt safe.

Arriving at the ice cream parlour, Eunmi still felt a little uncomfortable in the presence of many people but she felt a lot more secure.

Upon entering the place, she couldn’t help but to be in awe at the cute shop. The interior was invitingly yummy with candy floss pink and blue colour scheme.  White tables with comfortable looking seats were available for customers to enjoy their ice creams indoors. And at the counter, a wide selection of choices were available, displaying a beautiful combination of colours.

Usually Eunmi would avoid overly sweet or salty food but there’s always an exception for everything right? And besides it was Baekhyun’s treat for making her come out. She should at least take advantage of that.

A short while after, the two stepped out, Eunmi with a cone of sorbet lychee ice cream whilst Baekhyun had his own cone of bubblegum ice cream.

Now she understood what Baekhyun meant by keeping her ‘occupied’. The ice cream was so deliciously sweet, that it took up most of her attention as she blissfully enjoyed her little treat. And with a brightened up mood, she was even able to go around the streets at ease, checking out interesting little things being sold at the side stalls.

When they had finished their ice creams, the two entered a relatively empty, trendy looking jewellery store.

Playfully trying on some of the products, Baekhyun batted his eyelashes with an oversized bow headband on.

And like the princess he is, he placed a tiara on his head. Eunmi bursted out into giggles as he turned to her striking another pose with both hands clasped together.

Eunmi was checking out the other side of the shop when she looked into the mirror to see Baekhyun walking up behind her with a small paper bag in hand.

“Oppa, did you buy something?”

She turned to Baekhyun only to have him carefully clipping something into her hair, smiling proudly at the sight.

“There we go~!”

Bewildered by his gesture, her hand shot up and felt the hairclip that he had put in place. “O-oppa, you shouldn’t have-“

“Shh” he grabs onto her shoulders and spins her around, allowing her to see herself in the reflection. As she turns her head to the side a little, she sees a sparkling angel wing hairclip, beautifully lined in silver with diamond-like jewels filling up the inner feathers. “See, I knew it would suit you!”

Their eyes meet in the mirror.

“But-!”

“Er! No buts from you missy. It looks great on you! Just take it…a little gift from me” he smiled a breathtaking smile that made her heart melt into her stomach.

“Thank you” she says softly.

“Come on, let’s go”

Eunmi didn’t pay attention to anything else as she allowed Baekhyun to guide her out of the store and into the street. She didn’t even realised that she was staring at him again until he glanced down at her, making her snap out of it.

“You should wear clips more often, you look pretty in them.”

Eunmi could feel the colours returning to her cheeks when her ears detected a foreign voice. A girl’s voice.

“Hey Baekhyun!”

 

 

 


A/NThank you for subscribing and commenting ^_^