Entry 14

Dear Diary, My First Love
 
~ Shinee - Hello (piano)  ~

(A/N: continuing from last entry)

 

Baekhyun turned to the caller, a smile of recognition lighting his face. "Oh hey guys!"

The girl who called out to him turned to her little groupie, "see! I told you it was him!"

 

I should have expected this. No matter what, Baekhyun oppa is the outgoiing type. It's no surprise that he has many friends and this town is small enough for him to easily bump into acquaintances day in, day out.
God~ I just wanted to go home.

 

The girl enthusiastically came running- well hopping towards them. Her actions reminded Eunmi of a cute little rabbit, it didn't help that her hair was styled into loose curls either, delicately bouncing along to her every movement like springs.

Three others followed her, two boys and another girl.

Eunmi was practically hoping that her entire body would just melt into the background. That way she can go unnoticed by these strangers and avoid any means of unnecessary communication.

Baekhyun greeted the group with a few high fives here and there, as well as some bro hugs with the guys and then there was that little nod of acknowledgement towards the other girl.

Unlike the cute-rabbit-like girl, she appeared to hold herself with such confidence that her entire presence exudes charisma. It almost feels as though she's one of those famous models that coolly walks the runway without the slightest hint of fear.

The girl felt eyes on her and looked straight at Eunmi, her gaze is rather piercing despite the neutral look on her face. It felt patronising. Eunmi slightly jumped the moment their eyes met, lowering her eyes as she nodded at the girl, whether it was meant to be in apology for staring or just a small sign of greeting she didn't really care to know

On the other hand, Baekhyun had just been exchanging some casual small talk with the other three, when one of the boys took notice of Eunmi awkwardly standing there, slyly trying to hide herself behind Baekhyun.

He gave Baekhyun a knowing nudge "hey, aren't you gonna introduce us to your little girlfriend over there?"

Eunmi's heart skipped a beat when she was pointed out like theat. Her lips parted, not knowing whether she should deny it but felt completely dried out at the thought of having to speak up.

"Oh! Right, yeh"

Baekhyun didn't even think to correct him, receiving a wide eyed look from the innocent Eunmi. He quickly wraps an arm around her shoulders, bringing her a step closer - an action that pretty much seemed to have confirmed his friend's words.

Now, all eyes were on her.

Face turning red, Eunmi lightly bit onto her lip. She attempted to back out but with Baekhyun's arm around her, he easily held her still, giving her shoulder a small squeeze, whilst keeping a casual smile on his face.

"Guys, this is Eunmi" he looked her in the eye as he continued "and Mi-ah, these are my friends from school...this cheeky one here is Yuta" he nodded to the brunette lad who had pointed her out.

"Nice meetin' ya!" he salutes, sending her wink.

"The one trying to act all cool is Taerong"

Eunmi quietly watches as the said boy playfully punches Baekhyun in the chest before nodding a "hey" at her.

"This is Irene" he points to the rabbit girl who is staring at her with sparkling eyes, this girl somewhat reminds her of Baekhyun, maybe a more hyper, female version?

"Hi~!!" With the same enthusiasm Eunmi saw before, Irene was practically waving at her in her face with such an excited smile that Eunmi felt obliged to force out a little smile of her own for her.

Throughout their introductions and whilst exchanging greetings with Irene, Eunmi could feel the other girl's gaze looking her up and down.

"And that one, at the back is Seulgi"

She nervously meets her eyes only to receive a hard stare from the girl.

Irene breaks the ice, directing Eunmi's attentention to her instead "don't mind her, Seulgi can come across as a bit cold but she's really nice once you get to know her." Seulgi responded with a roll of her eyes, plainly asking "didn't you say you forgot to get something?"

"Oh yeh!"

"What?! No way~! We really have to go back to that place?!" Yuta dramatically slaps his hand onto his own head. Taerong sighs as he slings his arm around his friend in exhaustion, sharing his despair.

Paying no attention to the two, Irene claps her hands together, announcing their leave. "Well, we should be heading off now. Don't wanna be interrupting your date for too long haha. Seeya~!"

"We should hang out sometime this week bro, bring Eunmi along too" Taerong suggested and before Yuta had the chance to utter a single word, they were all getting ushered away by Irene.

Eunmi stared at their retreating figures, they're such a lively bunch, just like Baekhyun. It's strange to think that he's usually surrounded by people like that yet he chooses to hang out with her instead. Her eyes focused in on Seulgi, who didn't bother sparing Eunmi another look after their brief introduction and had wordlessly walked ahead. Not even saying a simple 'bye' to Baekhyun.

In the distance, she can still hear Irene's voice.

"...geez...I'm sorry already. I promise we won't be in there for long this time"

"She says but ends up looking around for another 5 hours" Yuta miserably mutters, earning a slap on the head from the girl. "Ssss...OWWWW that hurts!"

Baekhyun chuckles as though he's used to this scene whilst Eunmi's jaw drops, she could almost feel the pain from that loud slap. Who would of thought such a cute girl like Irene could be so...violent.

"Oh shut it, you" she says before turning to the 'couple', immediately switching on a bright smile, her arms waving wildly at them "have fun guys!"

Yuta also took the oppurtunity to spin around too, not caring about Baekhyun's presence there, he shouts, "Eunmi-ah, we'll definitely hang out next time , just the two of us, forget Baekhyun. Bye! Don't miss me too much! Muah!" Blowing her a kiss. Baekhyun scoffed at his words, smirking when Irene slapped him again. "Quit it already."

Letting go of Eunmi's shoulders, "sorry about that...that Yuta can be such a flirt" the mood turned quite solemn causing Baekhyun to try and lighten things up a bit "but hey, it's not too bad coming out once in a while, huh? Look you even made some new friends" Baekhyun proudly states.

Eunmi glances up at him, before lowering her gaze. Walking back towards the direction they came from, she thinks back to the way Seulgi looked at her, pondering out loud. "Friends? I'm...not sure about that."

Her words took Baekhyun by surprise as he questions her. "What's wrong? Do you...not like them?"

Shaking her head, softly speaking, "it's not like that. Besides, who am I to judge them?"

"Then what is it then?"

"I..." looking straight into his eyes, Eunmi can see that he's really trying to bring her out of her shell. She knows, he's just trying to help her but maybe...maybe this just isn't what she wants. "...nothing."

"Mi-ah, you know, you need to-" before Baekhyun could start his long speech about how she should experience the world around her more, etcetera, etcetera...Eunmi quickly interjected. "Oppa, I'm tired. I just want to go home." Her eyes looked into his, shutting him up completely. She just wanted him to let her be, at least for now.

 

Honestly, I don't really know how I feel about this. It was nice to see Baekhyun oppa interact with his other friends. And I do admit that his friends seems to be nice people, though Seulgi's...I mean I may be a shut in but even a shut in can sense when someone doesn't like them.

 

 

 


A/N: Hi, hope everyone's been enjoying their Christmas and New Years break
Introducing a few more supporting characters, I don't actually know the SM Rookies well but just needed some names to work with lol
Thank you for subscribing and commenting ^_^