Entry 11

Dear Diary, My First Love
 
~ Jay Chou - Mine Mine (piano)  ~

 
18th May 2009
This morning I was back on my usual wake up schedule, no more extra long lie in, no more being called lazy.
I was planning on heading out to the beach as per usual. Surprisingly appa was up early too.
I walked downstairs to see him sat on the sofa, watching the TV…

 

“Oh you’re up” he says as though he has been waiting for her and stood up from his seat.

Eunmi stood staring at him confused. She only just woke up and her brain tends to process information much slower in the mornings.

Her dad must have noticed her expression as he walked up to her, chuckling as he ruffles her hair.

“Yah, you’re not sleeping walking there are you?” he jokingly asks making the girl come to her senses as she laughs in disbelief and blocks his hand, ducking away.

“Ah appa~” she whines “why do you always go for the hair?”

Laughing as his daughter tries to fix her hair, he answers “who told my little sweetheart to be so cute” and ruffles her hair, again.

“Appa~~!”

“Hahaha~! Come on, you still go for your morning walks right?” he says, heading towards the front door.

Eunmi curiously looks up at her dad’s retreating back and quickly jogs up to him. Her dad only ever joins her on her early morning walks on rare occasions. It’s never because of anything special…just because he feels like it.

As they walked towards the beach, Eunmi realised that her dad would be taking off again tomorrow. He could only stay for two days. But two days is too short.

She looks up at her father who was walking a step or two in front of her.

Eunmi doesn’t even know why she’s acting like this. It’s not like her dad’s going to leave her forever. And it’s not like he’s never stayed away for his concertos and whatnots before.

This always happens when he leaves, there’s always that feeling of emptiness. Maybe she’s too spoilt by his love.

She lets out a sigh, unheard by her dad.

As always, she inwardly scolds herself to get over it. And just like that she blocks out further thoughts about the matter, but the feeling of sadness lingers.

The walk remains silent. Whenever her dad joins her on these little walks, he knows to respect that fact that she just wants a quiet walk which allows her thinking to run free without disruptions…unlike someone. 

Eunmi’s head jolts up in realisation.

Baekhyun.

 


~ B.A.P - Crash (piano)  ~


 

She warily glances up at her dad.  

“Mi-ah!”

Too late.

They had already reached the beach. And Baekhyun just happened to be there…yeah, just happened, to be there

The brunette boy enthusiastically waved at her with both arms in the air, not taking notice of the man besides her. Her father.

Eunmi felt the questioning look of her dad burning through her. She dared herself to take a quick glance at him – immediately regretting it. His brows raised, demanding for answers.

He definitely did not look pleased, at all.

She gulped as her dad’s eyes wandered from her to the brunette boy. That stupid brunette boy who came running up to her, unaware of the thickening tension.

She watched as her dad eyed Baekhyun up from head to toe.

Eunmi cautiously held onto her dad’s arm. Her action didn’t go unnoticed to Baekhyun who stopped, as though he only just realised the figure standing next to her.

Silently taking a deep breath, Eunmi gently pulled her dad along to that guy friend of hers that her dad never heard off.

Baekhyun too looked at her questioningly, though he appeared much friendlier than this appa of hers.

Eunmi could only smile at him, albeit a bit too awkwardly, as she approaches.

“Appa, this is my friend, Byun Baekhyun” she says whilst her dad continues to eye Baekhyun up. Eyes meeting Baekhyun’s, she continues “oppa”. Her dad snaps his head towards her at the word but she squeezed his arm, signalling him to calm down. “This is my appa”.

Baekhyun’s signature cheesy smile breaks out on his face as he respectfully bows at the elder. His voice loud and clear “abo-nim, how do you do?” he asks, stretching his arm out.

Eunmi noted how the impassive stares from her dad was replaced with the look of disconcert on his face at the enthusiasm of the boy. And despite the situation she was in, she couldn’t help but to bite back her laugh at his response. It was so obvious that he did not approve his way of addressing him but says nothing. As though he didn’t want to bring it up at all.

Well at least he was polite enough to accept the younger boy’s offer for a handshake, albeit reluctantly.

Only silence followed.

All that can be heard was the waves brushing in at the sand and nothing else.

 

It was…so…damn…awkwarddddd!! That was the only thing on my mind at the time. I remember the constant gulping, the ridiculously prolonged silence and worst of all, it annoyed me so so much how I was unable to utter a single word to break the awkwardness.
But I guess the good thing about Baekhyun oppa is that he seems to have the inability to stay silent for too long…
 

Baekhyun didn’t realise he was staring but the more he looked at Eunmi’s dad, the more his head appeared to tilt in thought.

When suddenly, he snapped his fingers as if to shout ‘eureka’.

“Abo-nim!”

The said man’s brows twitched at the word. A movement that only Eunmi seemed to have caught. It amuses her how much that one word seemed to agitate him. It almost felt as though the veins on his head popped out each time the word was mentioned. But she didn’t want to say anything, seeing as though her father was already acting like a ticking time bomb.

“If you don’t mind me asking…a-are you…” it came as a surprised to Eunmi that Baekhyun was actually stuttering as she and her dad looked at him with raised brows. “…by any chance, Park…Park Sangyoon?”

Eunmi stared at her dad in disbelief as she watches the corner of his lip twitch into a somewhat smirk before it disappeared. “And if I am?”

His voice sounded indifferent but the look in his eyes said otherwise.

Eunmi mentally facepalmed as Baekhyun continues to feed him the attention.

“As in…as in, the Park Sangyoon?!”

She sighed, having taken note of how the boy looked completely starstruck whilst her dad wore a smug expression on his face, though he tried to hold it back.

“…like, the genius of a pianist, the pianist who…who…”

“Oppa,” Eunmi calmly says, finally deciding to interrupt him. “I think we get the idea now"

Baekhyun stopped, his mouth still hanging open from mid sentence and he looks back and forth between Eunmi and her father in awe.

“I think, we better head back now sweetheart” her dad says, he looks at Baekhyun as though he only just acknowledged him “nice meeting you though, kid”

He rested his hand on his daughter’s back, guiding her away.

Baekhyun appeared to get all flustered as he stammered through his reply “a-ah, neh…it’s an honour to meet you, abo-nim!”

Sangyoon let out a hearty laughter before stopping abruptly, and turned back. “Hey kid! You wanna come over for dinner at 7?”

Both Eunmi and Baekhyun’s jaw dropped at his suggestion, for different reasons.

“Of course! I’ll be there right on the dot! Abo-nim!” Baekhyun excitedly said, raising his hand to his forehead.

Eunmi squint her eyes at him. Did he just salute her dad?

...then again, it’s something Byun Baekhyun would do.

“He seems like an alright kid” Sangyoon casually says, whilst his daughter looked at him more confused than ever.

 

Ok. My mind just wasn't comprehending what was going on.
I mean, what the hell just happened??!
Seriously, appa…that childish appa of mine was acting all protective one minute and with a bit praising, Baekhyun oppa suddenly got himself into appa’s good book? What…??
...but I guess this is a good sign, right?

 

 

 


A/N Summer break has already started guys!!! Woooo! Haha! I already rested up loads so I thought it's about time I start updating again lol. Sorry for making you guys wait so long. And I hope you enjoyed the three new chapters!
 
Thank you for subscribing and commenting ^_^