Entry 12

Dear Diary, My First Love
 
~ G.O.D - Sky Blue Promise (piano)  ~

 
19th May 2009
No matter how I think about it, last night’s dinner was just…strange.
Sometimes I really don’t understand what goes on in appa’s head. I still can’t believe how he was acting all cool with Baekhyun oppa and whenever I asked him what he is thinking, he’ll speak but never actually answers the question. To be honest I was getting a little frustrated. The way he’s been acting made me feel uneasy.

 

After meeting Baekhyun at the beach, Eunmi and her father, Park Sangyoon, were quietly heading home.

Sangyoon was in deep thought whilst Eunmi consciously observed her father. She was utterly confused with the friendly behaviour he was displaying towards her male friend. He even invited him over for dinner for heaven’s sake!

Something's definitely was not right.

They were reaching the bottom of the hill where their house stood when Eunmi unknowingly flinched as a smile carved onto Sangyoon’s face. He let out a somewhat amused scoff. “You know…” Eunmi immediately stiffened as soon as his voice was heard. Sangyoon side glanced at her with a knowing smile which made her dread his words even more “…he didn’t even ask where we live”.

And just like that, he walked ahead, leaving his daughter blankly stood in place.

Allowing the information to sink in, Eunmi quickly shook herself awake and jogged up to him. “A-appa”

The two reached the front door, Sangyoon’s hand resting on the handle as he turned to her with his other hand wiggling his long forefinger at her “tsk tsk tsk…no need to explain. I don’t need excuses” he says, pushing the door open.

Eunmi was left speechless.

Jinhee pops up near the kitchen door “Oh you’re back, a bit early don’t you-” her brows furrowed questioningly as Eunmi eyed her helplessly “…think?” she finishes, dragging out her last word.

Wanting to understand the situation, she mouths ‘what’s up?’ to Eunmi. Eunmi in return mouths ‘Baekhyun oppa’ at her, hoping she would get the hint. Unfortunately not. Jinhee furrowed her brows further. She didn’t catch whatever Eunmi was trying to say at all and was left even more confused.

“Ah yes” Sangyoon interrupts the pathetic little silent conversation that just wasn’t working out.  “Say Jinhee-ah?”

“Yeh?!” Jinhee jolted up as though she was caught red handed. Sangyoon ignores her behaviour and continues “…that Baekhyun kid” her eyes immediately shot towards Eunmi as the name was mentioned “seems pretty interesting don’t you think?”

Sangyoon’s eyes travelled left to right, observing the eye contact between the two girls in a rather intimidating yet amused fashion.

“Y-yeh…he is” she finally answers after a short pause.

“Ah right! I invited him over for dinner, just to let you know”

“Invited? Y-you did?” Jinhee stared at Eunmi with wide eyes as if asking ‘what the hell happened?’ Eunmi ignored her and turned to ask her dad “Appa, what are you thinking?”

Sangyoon walked past them towards the kitchen, sighing. “Well no one tells me anything, so I might as well take matters into my own hands”

The two girls’ eyes followed Sangyoon as he entered the kitchen before their eyes met with each other again. *He’s sulking again* they both thought.

 

Maybe this is what I get for keeping things from appa. Appa’s acting relatively like his normal self, but that’s what makes everything so much more scary.
So when it was finally time for dinner, Jinhee unnie and I could only hope for the best…and for Baekhyun oppa to not do anything stupid in from appa that may annoy him.

 

“…so I see you’ve been getting to know my daughter for over a month already?”

“Ah yeh, now that you mention it time sure flies” Baekhyun answers with an overly happy grin on his face.

Sangyoon smiled, though it didn’t exactly reach his eyes like it normally does. He appeared to scrutinise Baekhyun’s appearance before asking, “how old are you?”

“Just turned 17, sir”

Sangyoon took a sip from his glass and proceeded to question “And may I ask what your parents do?”

“My parents are a busy businessman and woman”

“So they’re not around often to look after you then?”

Eunmi noticed Baekhyun stiffen next to her. She places her hand over his and was about to speak up to her dad, when she felt him place his other hand on top of hers giving her an assuring pat. She looks at their hands and then at him, her worried expression turning calm.

Sangyoon observed Eunmi’s reaction as hung open and slowly closed again like a fish. His attention was diverted back to the boy as he started speaking.

“No, they’re not. Right now I live with my hyung who was newly employed as a teacher at the local school”

“Ah~ I see, a teacher?”

“Yes, he teaches maths”

Eunmi narrowed her eyes at her dad, *is he planning to turn the dining table into an interrogation room now*.  Sangyoon raised his brows at her before turning to Baekhyun with a smile.

“I apologise for all the questions, I’m just curious about my daughter’s new friend you see”

“No, no! It’s ok! I’m honoured to even be sat here with you right now”

Sangyoon laughed, “Well I guess the questions will have to wait now, since Eunmi here doesn’t seem to approve of me doing this at the dining table” Eunmi playfully glares at him but he paid no attention to her and gestures to the food in front of Baekhyun “eat up”.

“A singer? Wow that’s a hard career you’re going to get yourself into kid…showbiz”

“It is, but all careers are hard in their own way, it’s just up to us which path to choose”

A hearty laughter was sounded as Sangyoon nodded approvingly. “True, true. That’s a great way to put it.”

Just like he suggested before, Sangyoon had led Baekhyun to the living room to continue his questioning after dinner whilst Eunmi stayed to help Jinhee out with the dishes.

Whilst drying the dishes by the sink, she couldn’t stop stretching her neck, looking over towards the kitchen door where all the laughter, the chatting was coming from.

“Calm down, they seem to be getting along just fine” Jinhee says without even looking up from the sink.

Eunmi stops drying the dish for a second and places it down on the counter. “Exactly! Isn’t it weird that appa’s getting along just fine with him?”

Jinhee looked at her bewilderedly before breaking out into soft giggles.

“Unnie! How could you be laughing in this situation?!”

“Aww~ Eunmi-ah” she says whilst shaking her head in amusement.

“What you aww-ing at now?”

Jinhee held up a plate towards her chest, looking up dreamily. “Doesn’t it feel like you just brought your boyfriend home to meet your parents?”

“W-what?” Eunmi blushed. Her face turning bright red. “What’s wrong with you?”

Jinhee turned to look at her, the plate still held in position. She bursted out into laughter, pointing at the younger girl’s face. “You’re blushing”

“N-no I’m not!” Eunmi exclaims, both hands covering her burning cheeks.

“Aww our cute little Eunmi’s blushing~” Jinhee continues to tease.

“Unnie!”

“Thanks for the dinner noona. And thanks for inviting me over sir, it’s such great honour meeting you!” Baekhyun beamed at Sangyoon, not forgetting to bow respectfully.

Eunmi proceeded to walk the boy out the door. “I’ll be right back” she mutters, mentally rolling her eyes when she sees Jinhee winking at her.

“Wow~ I still can’t believe your dad is Park Sangyoon!”

Baekhyun walked ahead, spinning around to face her as he continues walking.

“I didn’t know you were such a big fan” she chuckles at his starstruck face.

“Honestly I wasn’t that big of a fan before, but wow~ I just met Park-friggin’-Sangyoon!” he suddenly stops and jogs up to Eunmi, walking by her side. “No wonder why you’re so good at the piano” he nudges her side and grins as though she just let him in to a massive secret of hers.

Eunmi scoffed at him and stopped at the top of the hill. “It’s already late now, you should get going”

“Mm...I guess I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Maybe, appa’s already leaving again…tomorrow” she says, pouting at the thought.

Baekhyun looks at her a little longer than usual, “I’ll see you tomorrow” he confirms and pats her head “night, Mi-ah”

Eunmi bites down her smile hearing him say her name, “night.” She watches walk down the hill, spinning around to wave at her. She smiles and did a little wave back. Only after he had walked around a good three meters away did she turn back to her house, smiling to herself as she recalls him say her name.

 

After Baekhyun oppa left yesterday night, appa silently retreated to his room.
And he didn't say anything to me till this morning. Just before he got in his car...

 

"Eunmi-ah, that Baekhyun kid seems like a nice guy..." he says it as though he's been thinking this through for the whole night.

Eunmi eyes her father knowingly. His words were pleasant yet something about his tone gave her a bad feeling "but?" Her voice came out softly, almost like a whisper.

Sangyoon's eyes meet hers. Within that lingering second, Eunmi caught the change in his stern look, changing apologetic. His arm rests on top of the car door, his eyes averted ahead "...but maybe it's best that you don't get too close to him."

 

 

 


A/N Ok, is it just me or is this new AFF is making feel yous feel really confused?? Lol
 
Thank you for subscribing and commenting ^_^