Bonus Chapter 7.5

Watch Over Me

   Hyukjae and Donghae sat at opposite ends of the table exchanging glances with each other, having a silent conversation about the sulking 6 year old currently picking listlessly at his dinner.
  ‘Did he talk to you about it?’ Donghae mouthed inaudibly at Hyukjae, who only shook his head 'no'.
  ‘Just ask him about it,’ Hyukjae mouthed back, picking up the cup Jino was shaking at him with a cute pout on his face and getting up to get him some more juice. Donghae sighed before taking a peek at Kyuhyun.
  “So, Kyu-ah… how was school today?” Donghae asked.
  “Fine,” Kyuhyun said, a frown appearing on his face.
  “Anything interesting happen?”
  “No.”
  “Really? I thought you had a special present to give to someone today, you know for Valentine’s Day?” Donghae ventured carefully.
  “No, I didn’t! It was stupid and this whole stupid day is just stupid! I wish it was never made in the first place!” Kyuhyun huffed, pushing back his seat irritably and leaving the table to run into his room.
  “That could have gone better,” Donghae said as Hyukjae returned to the table and handed Jino his juice who clumsily reached for it.
  “What wrong with Kyu hyung?” he asked, looking adorably concerned in the direction Kyuhyun had stormed off into.
  “I think he had a bad day at school today,” Hyukjae said. “Maybe we should do something to cheer him up?”
  Jino looked deep in thought for a minute before picking his cup up and handing it back to Hyukjae. “Hyung can 'ave my juice,” he said, smiling widely at the thought of making his brother feel better.
  “That’s very sweet of you to want to share with Kyuhyun, Jino-ah,” Hyukjae smiled and petted Jino’s hair affectionately. “I wonder what happened though. I mean, they were really cute together when he was over for his birthday party,” Hyukjae wondered.
  “Knowing Kyu, he probably bullied and teased the kid about being his Valentine until he cried and said something like ‘Kyaa, I hate you Kyuhyunnie!’,” Donghae said in a high voice, rubbing at his eyes and poking his lips out in a cute motion.
  “Uh oh! You said a bad word!” Jino exclaimed and covered his mouth with wide eyes open in shock at his uncle.
  “What? What’d I say?”  Donghae said.
  “The h-a-t-e word. It’s not very nice, uncle Hae,” Hyukjae said, smiling teasingly at Donghae. 
  Donghae’s lip quirked up a bit before mock gasping, “Oh no, I’m sorry Jino-ah. Hyung said a bad word.” 
  “We’re not 'posed to say that word. We have to say we don' like it,” Jino told Donghae.
  “Okay, I’ll make sure to remember that next time,” Donghae grinned before narrowing his eyes at the way Hyukjae was holding back his laughter at Jino chiding him. Suddenly the doorbell rang, interrupting Jino’s little moral lesson.
  “I’ll get it,” Donghae said, getting up from the table and walking over to the intercom. “Who is it?” he called playfully.
  “Yah, just how old do you think you are?!” an unmistakable voice sounded through the speaker. Donghae quickly opened the door and raised an eyebrow in surprise at his visitor.
  “Heechul hyung? What are you doing here?” he asked.
  “I couldn’t handle much more of the shimmering eyes and pouty lips this little one has been giving me all day,” Heechul said, gesturing to the small child in his arms, clinging onto his neck and dressed up in a bright pink hat and matching scarf.
  Donghae caught sight of a familiar chubby face and big clear eyes and smiled in acknowledgment, moving out of the way so he could let Heechul come in. He closed the door behind them and turned around.
  “So, you’re the reason why Kyu has been looking so sad today?” he asked Sungmin, who opened his round eyes even wider at the admission.
  “Kyuhyunnie is sad?” he asked quietly, before coughing and gripping onto Heechul a little tighter.
  “Yah! Stop upsetting him!” Heechul chastised, patting his back gently while he glared at Donghae.
  “I didn’t mean to,” Donghae said, holding his hands up. “Is he sick?” Donghae asked, noticing the red tint to his cheeks and nose.
  “Yes, because that idiot Baba of his was late picking him up from school yesterday and he had to wait outside in the cold for him,” Heechul said. “Which is why I kept him home from school today, and which is why we’re here right now. Apparently making him miss school today to nurse him back to health was the worst thing I could’ve ever done. Even worse than sending him on play dates with that little church boy, Siwon,” Heechul said, rolling his eyes. “So, I just had to bring him over so he could give Kyuhyun his Valentine’s Day gift or he said he wouldn’t ever talk to me again,” Heechul said with an exasperated sigh. “I don’t know where he gets all these dramatics from."

  Donghae wisely chose to bite his tongue, having had the pleasure of knowing Heechul for over 5 years, and knowing exactly what to say and what not to say in order to keep his precious man parts intact.
  “This is all that damn,” he at least had the decency to cover Sungmin’s little ears, “Hankyung’s fault. Boy, is he getting an earful when I get back,” Heechul said, going so far as to tap his foot in aggravation.
  “Well, I’m sure Kyuhyun would be very glad to see you,” he said to Sungmin, and the small boy smiled brightly in return. “Come on.”
  “Kyuhyun-ah!” Donghae called, as he led the two further into the room. Hyukjae appeared first, a curious Jino following close behind him.
  “Oh, Heechul-sshi, hello. Hi, Sungmin-ah. What’s going on?” he asked.
  “My Sungminnie is a hopeless little romantic, that’s what happened,” Heechul said, just as Kyuhyun dragged himself into the room.
  “Yes, hyung- What are you doing here?” he asked when he caught sight of Sungmin, who immediately squirmed around in Heechul’s arms until his father sighed and put him down, and as soon as he was free Sungmin ran over to Kyuhyun, nearly tripping in his haste.
  “Kyu, Sungmin came all this way to see you. Don’t you have something for him?” Donghae asked, and Kyuhyun frowned.
  “N-no,” he said, fidgeting around nervously and not meeting Sungmin’s eyes and the way they immediately sloped downwards.
  “Oh… T-that’s okay. But I still brought this for you, Kyuhyunnie,” Sungmin said, wiping at his nose a little before reaching into his little ‘baby man bag’ (courtesy of Heechul, of course) and pulling out a light pink with a bright silver ribbon tied securely around it.
  “Happy Valentimes’s Day,” he said, holding out the bag to Kyuhyun with trembling hands and a slightly hurt expression.
  “Yah! You little brat, how dare you-“
  “Hyung, calm down,” Donghae said, grabbing at Heechul, but quickly dropping his hand at the glare that was directed at him.
  Kyuhyun gingerly took the bag and a guilty look crossed his face. Clenching the bag in his hands he quickly turned around and ran back to the direction of his room, leaving a hurt Sungmin and an angry Heechul.
  “How dare he snub my little pumpkin! I don’t care if he is your nephew Donghae, no one makes my Sungmin cry,” Heechul said as he watched in anger as Sungmin’s face crumbled and his lower lip trembled. “I never approved of this anyway. That kid of yours gives me evil vibes.” Heechul stalked over to Sungmin so he could grab him up and storm out, though not before giving the missing 6 year old a
piece of his mind, when Kyuhyun came running back into the room with one small chocolate gingerly tucked in between his palms.

  He stopped right in front of Sungmin and showed him what was in his hands. He pointedly looked away as Sungmin peered into his hands and looked up at Kyuhyun in confusion. 
  “I was mad that you didn’t come to school today, so I… kinda ate all the chocolates I made for you-but I still had one left so, here. Happy Valetimes’s Day,” he mumbled, still not meeting Sungmin’s eyes and trying to ignore the heat he could feel burning his cheeks.
  Sungmin, on the other hand, was positively beaming as he gently took the one lone chocolate from Kyuhyun’s hands and held it carefully in his small hands. 
  “Thank you Kyuhyunnie,” Sungmin said, pecking Kyuhyun on the cheek before giggling shyly and running to hide behind Heechul’s legs, embarrassment quickly taking over him. Donghae smiled while Hyukjae cooed at the display and Jino covered his eyes with his hands and buried his face into Hyukjae’s leg. Heechul scoffed, though he couldn’t help but smirk in amusement at the two, especially when Sungmin was practically glowing and looked at the treat in his hand like it was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. Seeing the giddy smile on Sungmin’s face, he guessed that maybe Kyuhyun wasn't all that bad.
  Though that definitely didn't mean that he was going to make it easy for him.