It's been ages

Love Is Not Just A Relationship

 

 

 

 

The alarm clock started peeping so loud but only for a couple of seconds, before Chanyeol hits the clock and try to sit up, it's been weeks since the last time chanyeol woke up by himself without his mom nagging him and be sure he won't go to sleep again.

After brushing his teeth and getting ready 20 minutes before scheduled, chanyeol gave the mirror one last glance and smiled brightly before he go downstairs and join his family on breakfast.

chanyeol jumped the last two steps and twirled, ran to his mom, gave her a hug and kissed his older sister's cheek.

-          What's with the bright mood?

 His sister asked, wipping the kiss off her check.

-          Oh! Nothing. I just happened to have found that I'm not going to be alone at school anymore; I've found a perfect match for me.

 chanyeol had the dumbest smile ever on his face, he sat down and pulled the orange juice bottle to fill his glass as his mom laughed.

-          That’s good to hear.

She rubbed her son's hair, and gave him his usual pancakes

-          I thought I lost you for good.

Chanyeol blushed, his mom felt glad that her son went the way he was, happy and cheerful, she still doesn't know about his beliefs in a perfect day or a perfect life, however even if things went slow, it's more importantly to think of that fact that it's moving.

 

Chanyeol said his goodbyes; giving his mother another kiss on the cheek, when his sister has pushed him away the second he came closer what made him giggle.

 

As he left the house, Chanyeol was humming all the way to the school, he just found it a beautiful day and he really missed these kind of days that he started saying good morning to people he doesn’t even know all the way to the school gate. He felt that flowers were coming out of the ground wherever he stepped. Just like a child leaving to the kindergarten because despite any other child he knows indeed that he likes that part the most from his childhood.

The positive thoughts he had for today was taking effects really fast, as he entered the classroom all he hoped for was seeing his very new best friend; sitting in his seat in the back of the class like usual, as he entered the class, Baekhyun was there; holding a comic book and Chanyeol's innocent heart drew immediately a wider smile on his face.

Chanyeol got to him and sat on the chair facing Baekhyun to put down the comic book in his hand and say his greetings.

-          Hi there baekhyun.

  Baekhyun raised his face and gave him the lovely smile of his.

-          Hi, someone woke up in the good side of the bed today.

baekhyun placed the book down and gave his fully attention to him.

-          By the way Chanyeol, I showed your paintings to mom yesterday and guess what, she likes them.

-          Oh! Yeah? Cool!

Chanyeol found no place for a bigger smile on his face, and Baekhyun couldn't help but to smile back for him.

-          Yeah, you can say that you have two official fans already, it's awesome to have such a talent, I think my only talent is beating people up in Xbox and being a big fan.

They both giggled, Baekhyun moved his hand to reach for Chanyeols to hold it and get his attention.

-          Listen, since you are new here, there is no way you made tight bond friendship with anyone, I found a lot of similarities between us that I really, really need someone like you to hang out with, how about we eat lunch together from now on?

The class bell started ringing, Baekhyun let go of Chanyeol's hand to put his comic book inside the desk.

 -You sure got that right.

Chanyeol gave a quick replay as he stood up to go to his seat.

-          If you like, you can come sit next me, too.

Baekhyun pointed at the empty seat next to him, as he invited him, Chanyeol was so happy that this day was deserved to look forward to and as he placed his bag down and sat on the desk next to Baekhyun's he said.

-          I really would love to spend more time with you.

 

During the class Chanyeol had a complex feelings, the happiness he showed to Baekhyun for his offerings were true and he likes to be friend with him, however, he has the feelings he got when Tao shoved him away; rejecting his feelings, 2 years of feelings denial; being afraid that everyone would reject him, but being a friend with Baekhyun was a chance he had to make, in order not to be alone, in order to find a new hope for his life.

His thoughts were interrupted; a class after a class and the bell for the lunch break was finally ringing, as he raised his head ready to stand up, Baekhyun grabbed his hands.

-          Hurry up, let's go, I'm starving.

They chatted all the way to the cafeteria and after getting their lunch,  they sat on the first empty table they saw.

Both took quick glances at each other plates and then looked at each other to laugh loudly. They kept mentioning how both of them share the same way of thinking and for this to happen, they were taken by surprise.

-          How come we picked the same lunch?

 Baekhyun said, picking up the straw to open his choclate milk bottle.

-          I didn’t know you like chocolate milk, too.

 Chanyeol said, pointing at the milk bottle with his chopsticks.

-          Yeah, I drink it like every day, I used to drink the regular milk but I hate the regular milk flavor. My mom insists me to drink it daily, to grow taller and stuff, but I'm almost 174 i can't find hope.

 

-          Ah, I see. I don't see your height very bad actually, I mean look at me I'm tall but I get bullied sometimes because of it.

 

Chanyeol said, before getting interrupted by a classmate walking towards them.

He placed his hands on the table and said, as his face was totally shocked to see Baekhyun so calm enjoying his lunch.

- Seriously guys? Don't you joke with me, the whole class is studying and you two are having a lovely meal over here?

 Baekhyun eyes widened, he tried to remember if they have any exams.

- Why you guys are studying?

He gave up; praying it's not a big deal, praying it won't be physics.

 

-          We have a physics test, 5 chapters, after lunch.

 

Baekhyun stood up and hit the table with both hands, it was after all the only subject he hoped it wouldn't be.

- WHAT THE HELL? WHY DID NO BODY TELL ME?

- We thought you knew, it was registered for god sake.

- If I knew, would I be sitting here, you guys yourselves think I would be here not worrying about this as if I was a F**** NERD?

- Sorry for not reading the updates for your social life, I came to warn you my friend now anyway, I just had faith you would do better this time.

- Yeah, sorry buddy, now f*** off.

The guy left and baekhyun sat down and looked at a confused Chanyeol, he put up a smile not to make it weird, not that he can study this 5 chapters now, so he decided not to ruin his mood for now.

- Don't worry about him; I and Chen speak like this to each other the whole time.

Chanyeol kept looking at him awkwardly, Eventually; Baekhyun broke down and held his hair eagerly to say.

-  What the hell am I going to do now?

-   You seem to have troubles with Physic, let's try and read couple of pages, we might help you get some answers right.

-   Are you kidding? It's physics for god's sake. Like the hardest subject ever. I at this. Man, my dad will kill me if I got a C again.

-   You at it, I found it pretty much flexible, if you studied it everyday it's going to be easy, if you kept it for the last second like your case, you'll be like your case…

Chanyeol chuckled, when he gave that comment, but if there were anyone who's good in studying he'll be the man for it. So he told Baekhyun.

-         How about I give you the list I made; it contains some questions that I'm guessing the teacher will use and if there is questions that you do not know, I'm sitting next to you anyway.

-Finally, you're talking some sense.

Baekhyun smiled happily as he absorbed the hope that Chanyeol was giving him.

-          Yeah, someone used to call me his smartass hero.

Chanyeol smiled proudly as he found himself with use for his new friend.

The bell rang announcing that a crisis is going to fall on baekhyun's head. He just had a little time to review 10 questions that was picked by his friend Chanyeol, and that didn’t make him any less worried. When they got to class the teacher was already distributing papers, Baekhyun and chanyeol sat next to each other.

The exam was set to be 1 hour, the test paper didn't give a much of a happy face for Baekhyun, the paper contained 12 questions, 5 of them was a questions Chanyeol helped him with it. Because time was passing, he had to squeeze his head for answers to minimize the empty space; depending on the class he remembers, Baekhyun started to write some answers.

In the middle of the test, chanyeol turned his head to baekhyun, he knows how many questions on the test that Baekhyun knew their answers, and he was right when he saw him scratching his head so hard blood could pour out any second.

 

Chanyeol lowered his eyes to check his paper and saw that he was stuck at the multi choice question so he decided to help as he was glad it was an easy question to help with.

 

After he confirmed that the teacher wasn’t looking, Chanyeol tried to get Baekhyun's attention.

- Psst. Hey! Baekhyun.

Baekhyun turned to face him with surprise; he never thought Chanyeol was the type of person that cheats. However, he wasn't in a position to judge that.

-   Let me help you, where are you stuck in?

Chanyeol said, gazing the paper to see Baekhyun's finger go through it.

-          4, 9, 10.

Baekhyun whispered going through the questions.

Chanyeol flipped to the first page and checked it, to whisper back the answers.

- A, C and D.

Baekhyun smiled happily as he heard the answers from the first time what made him wink at chanyeol and start solving. Chanyeol smiled shyly and turned back to check if the teacher saw them but instead he noticed the guy from earlier was looking at them.

-         Chen, look at the front.

The teacher said,

-         Sorry, Mr. Yang.

He said, and gave a smirk at Chanyeol before he looks back at the front.

 

The time was up, the class start passing the test papers to the front. The teacher wished luck for them as he already promised them an easy test and he fulfilled the promise; looking forward for good results.

As the teacher went out, all students headed to a particular person to discuss their answers.

-          Come on Baekhyun, tell Han won your answers.

One of the students said, throwing a nerd in front of Baekhyun's desk.

-          Ok,

Baekhyun took a deep breath, crossed his fingers and began to tell the nerd Han won, who held a pen and paper to write down his answers.

-          Whoa! Baekhyun is really popular; it must feesl nice to know everyone like this.

Chanyeol thought to himself, he saw everyone around him and that was literally, he couldn't see Baekhyun between them till they were shoved away so he can have some air. He stood up to go and see what've he done in the test.

- Baek…

The guy from lunch approached Baekhyun, what stopped Chanyeol in his place  

-          YA, did you solve anything? We all know what your father will do to us if you managed to get another C.

Baekhyun scratched his head as he felt shy, Chen laughed as he gave Chanyeol another look but then, Chanyeol's only friend couldn't sit without sharing his answers with the person who helped him the most.

Baekhyun stood up himself to head for Chanyeol and lay his arms on his neck, with a cocky face expression he said.

- Hahaha, you wish, not this time baby. My boy chanyeol here helped me get through this, he is a fine man.

Everyone looked at chanyeol for a second before they go to him and start thanking him for what he has done, what made him feel popular suddenly.

-  Oh My! dude, you don’t know what you saved us from.

Someone surrounded Chanyeol's shoulder from the other side what made him hit Baekhyun's face by mistake.

- Hey! You back off.

Baekhyun removed his hand before he could notice how Chanyeol rolled up his shoulders.

-  Ah! That feels nice; I didn’t want to go through that again.

 

The rest kept talking about what made CHanyeol so confused, after all, him being a hero was always for obvious reason, like saving a cat from a tree. Baekhyun let go of his shoulder and started clapping.

- Yeah, yeah, he saved the day; my dad is a bastard we get it. Everyone goes his way now, Come on, nothing to see here.

Everyone was willing to leave without any further words as they felt safe meanwhile, Baekhyun took the chance to turn and face chanyeol to give him a special thanks.

- Thanks a lot my friend, you really did help me back there. Say what, how about you coming to my house tonight?

- Tonight? Who me? To your house!

Chanyeol pointed at himself; asking all these questions with wonder. Their relationship seemed to obviously be developing so fast and it's not like something bothered him.

-          Yeah, it's not the king's house; I'm inviting my friend here. Come on its not like anything bad will happen, we're getting to know each other better here.

 

Baekhyun insisted of taking no as an answer, he said while feeling Chanyeol's cheek all the way to his neck and then winked, chanyeol laughed awkwardly, and then decided.

- HHHHHH, not … not really. I'll ask my parents and tell you, ok?

     -   Fine. You can ask them and I can pray for their acceptance. Tell them    that someone cute and short named Baekhyun who really enjoys having you around,is inviting you my friend.

Chanyeol blushed and wore a sweet smile as he nodded. He never considered telling them that, but it's a fact how Baekhyun look so small and cute.

-         You know I can think of you as a cute little brother.

Chanyeol mentioned as they sat down ready for next class.

-         You can…

Baekhyun looked at him with wide eyes to say.

-But you're not allowed to. I have one big brother and I'm satisfied with him.

What made both of them giggle and try to forget about that horrible idea.

When the class ended, it was time to go home. Baekhyun and Chanyeol had separate ways to go home so as they ran out the gate.

-          Don’t forget about tonight.

 Baekhyun said while waving, going to the direction of his house.

-          I won't.

 Chanyeol waved back and turned to go his own way home.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

-          I'm home.

 chanyeol announced his arriving home, while taking his shoes off.

-          Hi baby, how was your day?

His mom stood in front of him, cleaning her hand with a towel.

-          Pretty awesome. By the way, I'm invited to a friend's house tonight. So, don’t count me in dinner ok?

He said, putting his shoes aside and stood up to face his mother upside down face

-          And who is this friend?

Last time her son got depressed was because of a friend, as much as she wants to believe in his new friend, she still can't afford to lose him again.

-          A really cute and short one, his name is Baekhyun. Byun baekhyun and he actually asked me to say that about him and I didn't believe that I would.

 chanyeol chuckled for saying that, his mother smiled in relief.

-          If that's so then fine, but don’t be late ok.

-          Sure mom, ok

Chanyeol kissed his mom and went up stairs, to get ready.

-          He decides to go to his friend house when I make his favorite Galbi and Tonkatsu.

 

He throws the backpack on the bed, and took off his clothes to enter his bathroom and have a quick shower to get ready. Wearing some black jeans, a blue and white shirt, he wore a men perfume and rush out of the house.

He took out his cell phone to check his contact list and call Baekhyun asking him about the address, after that, he got to baekhyun's house on time. After knocking the big wooden door, he backed off one step and heard a loud "COMING" from inside and within seconds, baekhyun opened the door smiling.

- Hi, welcome to the Byun family house, please come in.

He backed off to let Chanyeol in.

- HHHHH, I know you for 2 days but I can already ask, what's with the introduction?

Baekhyun closed the door behind Chanyeol, he walked ahead to lead the taller guy to his room saying.

-          My mom made me memorize it; she likes formal things like hell, a lot.

He turned to look at Chanyeol before they come in, "You can give me this"

Chanyeol handed him a home-made cake, and cracked a joke

-          Well, my mom made me do this, she likes cooking stuff like hell, a lot. Hope you like it.

-           Gee, a home made cake made by my friend, I would die to know how it tastes…

He looked at him with sneaky eyes, before he laughs for the awkward scene and say "Behind me is my room, get in and feel comfortable"

Baekhyun went to the kitchen and chanyeol scratched his head before he decide to get into the room.

The house was nice and cozy; however it was empty, also. Chanyeol opened the door and found himself in Baekhyun's room, and he could tell it looked as much interesting as Baekhyun himself.

It was normal like any other room, but it had at least 5 posters of SNSD, the boy was sone all along, and more over a Taeyeon fan, the girl had the largest poster on the top of his bed and Chanyeol just wondered if he could be into this group just like Baekhyun just to have extra common thing with him.

 

Chanyeol ignored that and giggled for the fact that Baekhyun has been a er for Taeyeon and turned around the room to look at what else is there.  Before he could complete his little tour, baekhyun came in; approaching him.

- What a nice room you have here.

He said, immediately when Baekhyun caught him off guard. It's not like he could read what's in his mind anyway.

- HHHHH, thanks. Glad you like it, you like SNSD, too?

Baekhyun said, heading to the cabin under his medium sized TV, and took out his Xbox.

-          No, can't tell I'm a fan …. You have quite a taste, Taeyeon, huh?

He singled at the big poster what made Baekhyun blush and tried to say something as he the TV and started the game.

- uum, yeah, everyone's got the right to love whoever they want, not speaking like you are judging me, but she is my favorite idol.

 Chanyeol chuckled, and sat next to him on the floor.

- True, true, and of course no judging.

He singled at the device he just had it working and asked.

- So, what are we playing?

- Do you play Xbox?

Baekhyun said, throwing a hand on Chanyeol.

- Who doesn’t?

 Chanyeol got ready to play the game, when Baekhyun said; while joining him.

- Indeed, be sure to face a champion.

They spent 2 hours of intense gaming  and having a lot of fun, but they got tired of ties so they took a break and laid down on the floor, observing the ceiling. After staying silent for few minutes, Baekhyun decided to open up a conversation.

-          You're really hard to beat, that must be a qualification for to be my best friend.

He turned to look at his face lying next to him.

- How about I call you by something else, help me find a unique nickname for my best friend.

Chanyeol was shocked to hear the word best friend; it's been ages since somebody actually called him that and he can't hide how he loved hearing this again. He kept silent for a while regaining his rightful thinking, he is now in Baekhyun's house, in his bedroom, lying on the floor, he was just called best friend and to choose a unique name to be called by.

- Hello? From earth to chanyeol? Are you mad? I'm sorry bro. Give me something, don't stay quite.

-    No its fine, it's just... never mind. You could call me by anything you want.

Chanyeol blushed as he turned and saw Baekhyun's face exactly in front of him

-   Mmmm, how about channi? No it's too girly …

-     No, I actually like Channi.

Chanyeol said, Tao thought the name wasn't suited for him, too. But being called Channi is something his mother used to call him by till he reached 10 years old, even if she decided not to call him that, he still wants to hear it even from other people.

- How about I call you Baek?

-    Deal Channi

-   Deal baek.

Baekhyun looked back at the ceiling as they've chosen their nicknames.

Baekhyun found the chance to open a new topic, talking about how pretty Taeyeon is until they run out of time and Chanyeol had to leave. He said goodbye and went his way. Baekhyun kept staring at the road chanyeol took until he disappeared. Baekhyun smiled and whispered.

-         It's so boring to stay alone.

He said, wishing he was able to ask his new friend Channi for a sleep over.