Painful pasts we share

Love Is Not Just A Relationship

 

 

 

 

Today was horrifying enough for Baekhyun not to have any sleep last night, not to have his morning coffee, and not to say his greetings to everyone in class. The test he had last week, the physics test results are soon to be announced.

 

 He was sweating and he couldn't help it, he kept biting his nails. He wasn’t the only one! Everyone has their gaze set on the door, and more than their own grads, Baekhyun's were more important because this kid grades will influence their high school summer, and nobody wants to go through "that" again.

 

The frowning face wore all of them, something chanyeol didn’t understand as a new student in this school.

"Why is everyone worried about Baekhyun's grade more than their own?" Chanyeol wondered while scratching his head, "Baekhyun never talked about what happened the last time he had C?"

 

Chanyeol turned to look at the seat next to him, the seat where Baekhyun sits, absent-minded. He called him few times in order for a response.

 

-Baek~ Baek can we talk

He wanted to know what's wrong, and he wanted to know it from his friend who's also the meant person.

-Ya~

 

Chanyeol gave an inappropriate scream that startled Baekhyun for second, but he took the chance to say

-I'm talking to you Baek.

 

-Yeah!   "He looked at him with confusion" I mean yes you are, hi, I'm so sorry.

 

Back placed his eyes on the door, he couldn't use his attention for anything else, still biting his nails. Chanyeol just confirmed that this is not the best time to ask so he just took out his physics textbook and opened on today's lesson. As he managed to read the title, whispers began to spread in class; the awaited teacher finally entered the class, causing the air to be more tensed.

 

-Good morning class.

 

The teacher said with a serious face to shut the class. The class replaied to the "Good morning" he said quicker than usual, they just want to be done and feel relief.

 

-So, it’s the day we've all  been waiting for.

 

He showed them the papers in his right hand

 

-Let's see who is going to be pleased with his grades. Shall we?

Everybody gulped when the teacher hit a nerve and cause the nervousness to take all of them.

 

-Ok, here we go.

He gave a look at the first paper

 

-Kim Chen, 65 out of 100 

-Yes, barely passed

 

Chen jumped from his place happily as much as he knows himself.

 

-Sit down Chen, other students wants to know their grades, also.

The teacher shut him as he placed his paper down.

The teacher adjusted his glasses and looked at the next paper.

-Han won, 95, excellent.

 

The teacher smiled; looking at his favorite student who smiled back shyly.

 

 The grades were rushing one after another, students threw their head on the table with disappointment and other gave high fives with their best mates. The grades were average and no one has failed, so far some students had hope for Baekhyun who connected his hands; closed his eyes and was praying in the back seats all the time.

 

-Before the big surprise that I know everyone is waiting for, I want to know who is this park Chanyeol?

 

The teacher took off his glasses and looked at the class to catch someone who raises his hand.

-My name is Chanyeol sir.

 

Chanyeol said, he felt worried that he didn't do good in the test, and he felt awkward, when the teacher took a long stare at him before he utter.

 

-Very good mister park, 90.

 

Chanyeol grinned and everybody started clapping, the guy's grade gave them extra hope as he was the one who helped Baekhyun. Chanyeol blushed, he scratched his back neck and looked back at baekhyun and saw a very weird smile on his face. He was more like surprisingly shocked, as if he just won the lottery even before he knows his grade and then, the announcements were on again; dragging everyone's attention.

 

-I can assume that afterwards no grades will matter most of you, now to the main event, Byun Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun gulped, he set his hands on the table ready to stand up and run from the class, as he sees the teacher lips moving in slow motion, and as he could feel the sweat drop fall down his forehead. He tried to avoid everyone's gaze on him and relax not to faint from high blood pressure.

 

-You took me off guard with some good answers "The teacher announces" You scored an amazing 80 out of 100! And it makes it a lovely "B".

 

Baekhyun stood up about to run, when all he could hear is C in his head, however, the class was much faster than him. Chen held Baekhyun's hand to pull him between his arms for a tight hug.

-You took B big man.

 

He said loudly, everyone in the class screamed afterwards "Baekhyun scored B" and each one was pulling him for a hug. Baekhyun widened his eyes; trying to recover from the loud screams in the class.

-Be quite, other classes are studying right now.

 

The teacher was trying to shut them up; Baekhyun looked around to his friends who are celebrating his grade which he still doesn't know.

 

-Baek~

 

He was called by his nickname, and as he was holding Chen's hand surrounding his neck while the man was celebrating with the others, he searched for the voice source, his eyes set on HunHan with the nerds group, and then Luhan holding Sehun's hand trying to sneak out of the class, he shifted his eyes to Kyungsoo screaming with Suho with the other students for his score, and finally his eyes met the meant person. He looked at a smiley Chanyeol who called him again with his nickname, and smiley Chanyeol told him.

 

-You've done it, it's a B.

 

His confusion was far gone, and the smile started wearing his face, getting wider and wider, he moved Chen's hand and gave a huge scream.

-Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~

 

He jumped once, and then he was caught by Chanyeol who hugged him so tight to shut him up.

-Do you want to be punished?

 

Chanyeol released him and looked at him with surprise when Baekhyun started squealing, Chanyeol giggled for the expression he had on his face and said.

-You squeal like… a girl!

 

Baekhyun turned to him to hold his arms and tell him.

 

-I've done it Channi, I've done it because of you and I owe you… "He looked at Chanyeol with sparkly eyes" No matter what you say, I owe you one.

 

The bushy face was still clear on Chanyeol, however, he was happy; he held Baekhyun's hand on one of his shoulders and told him.

 

-I'll see about it then.

 

Baekhyun chuckled when he felt embarrassed and took his hand back; the teacher hits the table with his roller and drags all the class attention.

 

-Everyone go back to your seats.

 

The celebration was over; the teacher took his chalk and wrote on the board.

 

-          Han won be responsible for the class, "He turned again to them" I have a meeting so you'll need to study today's lesson till I come back "He stopped when he saw two empty chairs, he sighs and singles at Chen" Chen go find Luhan and Sehun, they ran off… again.

 

-          Yes, sir "Chen stood up happily and ran out of the class"

-          Study well, and wait for me.

 

The teacher puts the exams paper back into the envelope and left the class for student who didn't care much about what he said. It was time for them to chat about the exam and everything, else.

As Chanyeol opened the textbook to study, it was closed again by Baekhyun who griped his chair to go sit besides him.

 

-Stop studying for god sake and spend more time knowing my friends.

 

He singled at two students coming closer to them with their chairs.

 

-Hello Mr. Super man, I'm Do Kyungsoo in case you don't remmember.

 

He reached his hands to meet Chanyeol's as he sat down, the two shook hands over a smile.

 

-The heart shaped smile guy. "Chanyeol left his hand over a joke" I do remember you.

 

A tiny lovely kid, suited to be the cute Baekhyun's friend.

 

-Suho "Chanyeol said, to the other short, yet a handsome guy" How have you been?

 

 -Oh! My god, it's me Kim suho, you do remember.

 

 Sitting beside Kyungsoo; causing a chuckle among the other three.

 

-It's nice to meet you Chanyeol "He said, he was such a nice guy, nice guys that can be anything and be great at it"

-My best friends from elementary school, I never clicked with anyone more than the three of you "Baekhyun raised his hand to give a statement" Honestly speaking here. "And then giggle with the others"

 

-Oh really? I hope that never changes "Chanyeol said and Kyungsoo replied"

 

-Being best friends? Trust me that willl never change, you had a nice start by helping this guy over here "He pointed at the guy next to him"

 

-This heroic action actually caused you popularity that I believe you can be a friend with whomever you want now "Suho said laughing"

 

Baekhyun was annoyed enough to pull his chair from beside them to place it next to Chanyeol and give him a hug from the side.

 

-He is a hero, he is my own hero and I assure you guys that I could have fun with him more than I have with you two old hags and I've only known him for, what, 2 weeks. "They all laughed and Chanyeol hugged the new person to hug him from the side as his childhood friend used to do.

 

-What can I say, I love you my best friend.

Baekhyun blushed and looked away before he decides to say that he loves him back but he just changed the topic.

 

-Well, to celebrate this lets all gather at my place after school. What do you think channi? You can you make it, right?

 

-You sure we can't call him Channi, too. "Kyungsoo mentioned"

-No, this name was given especially to me to use it. "Baekhyun insisted to be the only one calling Chanyeol, Channi"

-Let the guy use the name alone, I don't feel comfortable using this girly name anyway "Suho hits Kyungsoo chest gently"

 

-Awesome for no reason "Baekhyun gave a wide meaningless smile, then, he looked back at Chanyeol" YOU ARE COMING WITH US TO MY PLACE TODAY, RIGHT?

 

-Yeah, sure, Why not? I don't think mom would disagree and I want to get to know you better guys just like Baek said, I mean after all you did manage to stick around with this noisy little puppy. "He cracked a joke that made the three of them laugh out loud"

 

 The target of the joke placed both of his hands on his waist and took the defense position.

 

-Hey! "They stopped laughing for a second" I'm a cute one, not noisy. "All went back laughing what made him wonder" Yah~ what is so funny?

 

-We just thought you'll be annoyed for calling you puppy or little. "Kyungsoo took a deep breath to stop laughing like the others"

 

-Well, I'm not going to judge your sense of humor "Baekhyun pinched Chanyeol's cheek and then let it go" Call your mom as soon as we go out of school.

 

It was few hours between them and the end of the day, the school bell rang and the four friends left the school gate side by side to stand in front of a fancy black car.

 

-I'll sit in the passenger seat you guys feel comfortable in the back. "Suho said, as he sat next to his driver"

Chanyeol took a seat in the middle, feeling a bit awkward as someone used to go to school walking, even when it wasn't the first time with his new friends.

 

-Go to the window Channi. "Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol for him to sit in the middle" Get used to it, the driver won't be able to use the mirror unless he wants to look at your face.

 

-That must feel nice Chanyeol, "Kyungsoo said as he closed the door behind him" It must feel nice to be tall. "Envying Chanyeol for what most of them doesn't have.

 

-Yeah, yeah, we're punch of short people get over it. "Baekhyun claps three times" Let's go to dad's house.

 

Suho told the driver to head for Baekhyun's house, Chanyeol felt awkward when Baekhyun named their house as in his dad's house, and his thoughts were increasing as he faced unfamiliar road, he thought maybe they will stop at suho's place at first, then, everyone got out f the car to stand against a huge golden gate.

 

 Chanyeol was surprised when a butler was waiting out side to open the golden door for them said beakhyun's family name instead of suho's.

 

-Welcome back young master, your room is ready, Mr.Byun wants to work quietly in his office.

 

-Yeah, whatever. "Baekhyun got into the house and led the way through the huge corridors; filled with paintings and statues. But what was more obvious is that Baekhyun's mood wasn’t in his best"

 

 What Chanyeol put from questioning features on his face was noticeable by Kyungsoo, so the guy nudged the curious guy to question him.

 

-You've been claiming you were his best friend and you don’t know about this? You'll convince me that he hasn't spoken to you about it!

 

-No, he didn't, this is not the same house I came to last time, also. "Chanyeol looked down with shame, as Baekhyun hasn't told him this till he had to come and see it himself"

 

Suho turned to look at the two far behind, he noticed the both of them whispering and it seemed to be something serious, so he got to them quietly for Baekhyun not to notice.

 

-Hey! You two stop this, and Kyungsoo you know how much Baek gets cranky in here, you don't have to make it worse.

 

-But, why? I really need to know this. "Chanyeol asked with an innocent curiosity, but when Baekhyun turned back, Chanyeol was startled, all of a sudden Baekhyun had an angry look on his face and said.

 

-Because this is my father's house, you came to my mom's house last time.

 

-Everything looks fancy in here. "Chanyeol said, trying to be nice after he knew that their conversation have been heard by Backhyun"

 

- It's because dad is a government guy, so he makes lots of money and terrorizes everyone he wants with his powers, even his own son, he is just the  classy bastard type.

 

-Ok, I should think twice before speaking, then. "Chanyeol said, he chuckles trying to make Baekhyun ease up a little. Baekhyun show a positive reaction as he grinned"

 

-Yeah, maybe you should, my room is that way, "He looked at his since elementary friends" you guys know the way, take him there. I have some business to take care of.

 

Both saluted him and said "Aye~ Aye~ captain" and gripped both of chanyeol's arms to him to Baekhyun's room, a room Chanyeol couldn't imagine, just as the maid opened the door, he felt difficulty in breathing.

 

It was large, well organized, but it also feels like it was organized by a strict person. There was the bed, desk, , sofa with a coffee table in the corner, closet, and nothing more, no games, no toys, no TV and no Taeyeon.

 

-This can't be Baekhyun's room! "Chanyeol looked around with shock"

 

-Sadly, it is, Make yourself at home bro. "kyungsoo tapped his shoulder and went ahead of him, both throwing their bags on the sofa"

 

-There is no even Taeyeon. "Chanyeol rubs his hair with confusion"

 

-He keeps her in his closet so his dad won't see it, the whole snsd are in there. "Suho told, he got to let the guy know, Baekhyun has a pure love for those girls, he can't make them out of the picture"

 

Chanyeol stayed in his place, he looked around; you could tell that this wasn’t baekhyun's room. It had a different feeling. It sure was nice, but like a hotel room, never looked cozy. The only way to think that Baekhyun actually sleeps here is that he actually just imprison.

 

The maid took their drink orders and left, chanyeol couldn’t help to use the time but to ask since the three were all alone.

 

-So, what's with this two houses kind of thing?

 

Chanyeol as he lied down on the sofa. Kyungsoo, who was joining suho on the other sofa, replied.

 

-Well, the Byun family consists of Mr. and Mrs. Byun, baekhyun older brother and little brother Baekhyun. And before like … 5 years?

 

 Kyungsoo turned to check if the information was right from suho who left them to go lie on the bed, suho nodded with his eyes closed, Kyungsoo gave his attention to Chanyeol completing.

 

So, Yeah, 5 years ago, both parents had lots of fights Because Mr. Byun cheated on his wife and that y stuff which I still don't know why people do it, and eventually they got divorced with sharing custody of 13 years old baekhyun at that time of course. "Suho opened his eyes to look at Chanyeol and continue"

 

-Of course, Baekhyun was really hurt during that period when he had to see his mom suffer and cry all the time because of his dad , it wasn’t really a helpful thing.

 

-So, he basically hates his father? "Chanyeol said"

 

-I prefer the word despise him, because we were there and we know how it has affected our friend.

 

-I can't believe a cheerful boy like him have been through this much of pain.

 

-Don't you think it's it; his father didn’t even try to make anything better. He stripped his ex-wife of all her money, only leaving her with that house you went to, he has no dignity. "Suho said, he sat down correctly; showing an angry eyes"

 

-What happened today is totally something else, it's because last year he caused Baekhyun a lot of trouble, out of sudden he decided to check Baek's grade and be sure if he is doing as good as he was telling him, but because Baekhyun's grades in physics weren't that good, when he found out about Baek's physics test, he brought special instructors and had the whole class trapped in school for 2 days, studying physics, only.

 

-Why did no one report that to police? He can't do that, this country has laws "Chanyeol said; feeling their anger as he showed it with his voice, and throw pillow he held on the ground"

 

-Oh! Yeah, he works for the government you idiot. Everything we say will have to pass him in this matter. He knows some of the principle dirty laundry, also. So, he blackmailed him. "Suho mentioned"

 

Kyungsoo could feel all that trouble they had last year, he sighed and turned his head back, to rest a bit

 

-It sure was lots of trouble, imagine a 2 days of physics class! NO, no, that's not it, imagine how Baekhyun felt. Knowing what everybody is going through because of him and knowing that everyone would hate him because of it. "He sat down properly to look at Chanyeol seriously and say" We actually caught him crying at the bathroom that night. "All three shook their heads in protest, for mentioning this old thing and for remembering how that felt again"

 

Chanyeol frowned and said.

 

-That’s why everyone was worried about his grades. "Feeling pathetic for just realizing it, even though he just knew about it" Baekhyun.

 

And then the door was suddenly shoved open. Demanding for their attention and breaking their silence.

 

-I heard my full name and none of you is allowed to call me that, were you three chatting about how pretty I am? "Baekhyun said trying to improve his mood and hide the annoyed tone in his voice"

 

Chanyeol stood up about to talk with Baekhyun, but kyungsoo stood up at the same time to get his attention and point him not to talk with his eyes so Chanyeol just smiled and made a space for Baekhyun to sit beside him

 

-Well, you do know we have other things to talk about other than you, cocky, no one said your name. "All chuckled to confirm Chanyeol's sentence and Baekhyun said while wandering his sight between the three of them, sensing something was off"

 

-Oh! Yeah? Like what? "He sat next to Chanyeol"

 

-I don't know, maybe like how hungry we are? "The Suho laying on the bed with one hand set under his head said while rubbing his tummy" come on, don't be mean, I know you know, I have bills to take dude.

Chanyeol widened his eyes; looking at his friend Suho.

 

-Oh! I didn’t know you were sick. "Kyungsoo laughed and told him"

 

-Nah, he isn’t, he just like to pretend he is a grandpa and chugs down tons of vitamins, which is useful but still can be dangerous. "Suho sat down to tell them"

 

-Hey! It's for my own good, and its doctor prescription. We'll see how the three of you will look in 50 years; you all will look like a rotten peach while my skin will be as tight as ever. I warn you about the future "Suho said as he singled at them with a hand while touching his face with the other one.

 

They all giggled and Suho rubbed his tummy again to pull them back to the point.

 

-Fine, how about pizza? "Baekhyun suggested, the two raised their hand expect for Chanyeol" Channi, "Baekhyun looked at him to explain" We raise our hand here for agreement, do you want pizza? "He wore a lovely smile, asking his friend nicely"

 

-Pizza it is. "Chanyeol raised his hand as he smiled back for the strong friend he has, who's absolutely not like him, the guy who is still stuck in the first hole of his life, waiting to be saved"

 

Baekhyun went to the phone on his desk to order pizza, as he took their orders.

 

-Yao… We're ordering… "He replaied" Yes, I want the usual, same place, Mr.Byun's house so don't be late.

 

 

Baekhyun closed the phone and went back to his friends; jumping back on his place next to Chanyeol.

 

-Pizza is in the way, I want to talk about a lot of things, we haven't sit together in like what? I don't even remember "Baekhyun chuckles"

 

The other two agreed as they started talking about how they met and how they used to spend each second together, and having a lot of sleep over. They told him about their many pranks and the one they've done on their neighbor's dog.

 

-You locked him in the shed for a week. "Chanyeol widened his eyes; eating his slice of pizza"

 

-You haven't seen him Chanyeol "Suho told him" If I had black circles under my eyes once in my life it would be because of him, he was like the neighborhood leader;he parks, everyone does.

 

-And he is so small, you won't believe the voice he has "Kyungsoo pointed out" Once, when I was coming back from school with my bike I almost ran over him, and I regretted that I missed him.

 

-I asked you if you wanted me to run over him accidentally "Baekhyun protested saying" I used to break my neighbor antiques that she used to put them in her yard just because they were ugly. I'm an expert.

 

-It was a living being, how could I ask you for that? "Kyungsoo chuckled, looking at Baekhyun with shock"

 

-Was? You mean he died eventually, how? "Chanyeol questioned"

 

-Baekhyun actually ran over him accidentally. "Suho said" Or maybe that's what he wanted us to believe.

 

-It was by mistake I swear, I was having a race with Kyungsoo "Baekhyun laughed; trying to defend himself"

 

-You killed a dog. "Chanyeol hits Baekhyun's shoulder as all of them laughed out and Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol, his Channi that never spoke of his childhood as they were doing, as the topic they opened"

 

After 3 hours of chatting, Suho's driver was waiting outside to pick the three guests, not to be late for their families.

 

-Hey! Guys how about we spend such a similar time tomorrow, get together and it would be really enjoyable? "Baekhyun said while standing on the door; watching his friends leave and Chanyeol in particular"

 

-Not really, not me, we're going fishing tomorrow, you know the usual thing. "Suho said, excusing himself"

 

-Sorry, I've got some new recipes I want to try with mom. "Kyungsoo apologized himself, and chanyeol was the only hope for Baekhyun, not to stay alone in this house. Baekhyun looked at him with anticipating eyes"

 

Chanyeol stayed quite for few seconds as everyone entered the car to tell him.

 

-Gee, a free time from me tomorrow to give to my friend, I wonder how that will turn out, "He gave him the sneaky eyes Baekhyun gave him in the last time he handed him the home made cake" Now, why don’t you join me and my family for lunch tomorrow? Then we can hang out later at your house or anywhere you like.

 

"You're inviting me to your house? I would love to "Baekhyun said with a wide smile, this thing creates a tighter bond between the two of them for sure" See, I told you he is much more fun than you two "He pointed at them inside the car with a lousy face"

 

-Ok, then, "Chanyeol wore a wide smile" text me your favorite food later, my mom is a great cook "Chanyeol said proudly, and entered the car"

 

-I will. "Baekhyun said, and suho asked Chanyeol to close his car door"

 

-come on, we've got lots of stops to make. "The three waved goodbye to Baekhyun who was waving back"

 

-Sleep tight baek, you've done a great job today. "Baekhyun chuckled, but replied quickly before they disappear"

 

-Sleep tight Channi.

 

After the long day, Chanyeol finally made it home by 10:30 pm; his father was so mad that he was late but got taken a bit lightly when Chanyeol told him he was at a friend's house; something did not stop the questioning.

 

 -A friend? who is he? Do I know him "Chanyeol's  mom gripped her husband's hand and begged him to let this go, as she knew that he was with Baekhyun just like last time, he agreed saying.

 

-Fine, however the next time you do it I'll cut your allowance.

 

-I'm sorry, it'll never happen again. "He said, heading to his room, he took a stop when he remembered something he has to tell his mother" Mom "He turned to look at her downstairs" Baekhyun will come tomorrow for lunch.

 

She smiled happily as her son did, and she couldn't say more than how happy she is to meet the person that brought her son back to tell him how grateful she is.

-Sleep tight honey "She said"

 

Chanyeol changed to his pajamas and laid in bed, before he turn the nightstand lamp off, the minute his phone rang so he opened it again. He checked his phone to find a text message, more importantly from Baekhyun.

"It's …. Everything, I like everything, not an annoying guest right? hhhhhhhh, I can't wait to have lunch tomorrow with you and your family, thanks for inviting me, I'll try to behave but can't promise a thing around a person I'm comfortable with like you … What can I say, I love you my best friend, sleep tight Channi "

Chanyeol chuckled and placed his phone down and turned off the lamp.

-sleep tight  ... Baek.