Hot dog and a soft drink.

Love Is Not Just A Relationship


 

 'Things turned serious, Baekhyun is coming. No, it's not really serious but, he is the first guest I've ever invited here. I… I…' Chanyeol was standing in front of his mirror, looking shockingly at his reflection; while holding his red necktie.

 

"Why am I wearing formal clothes?"

 

Chapter 04:- Hot dog and a soft drink.

 

Ding Dong!!!

"Chanyeol, Get the door" The mother yelled from downstairs and that was all it took for her before she sees her son literally flying off the stairs.

 

She smiled, it's not just important for her son, but for her to see his new best friend and make him feel welcomed as much as he deserved for breaking her son silent shell that she left Busan setting this purpose as a priority.

 

He passed his mom who left to where the good smell is coming from, and stopped in front of the small mirror set between their front door and the kitchen for a little check up before opening the door to see Byun baekhyun's winged eyes appear before him… the kid was smiling.

 

He was dazed; his smile was unique because whenever he smiles he can easily forget about the hurtful things that he tends to fix it. If there was any meaning to the smile Baekhyun is wearing, then, this smile was the beginning for this friendship and that's enough reason for him to love. Before the situation gets any weirder between them…

 

- Baek "Chanyeol offered a shake hand, driving it smoothly to weirder"

 

- Hi, there Channi "Baekhyun placed the box between his hands on the hand Chanyeol has offered; pretending he hasn't seen him offering a shake hand"

 

- What's this? "Chanyeol made a space for Baekhyun to get into the house"

 

-  I got… you… a…

 

Baekhyun took off his shoes; while observing the weird looking antiques of piggy on the shoe closet, forgetting about Chanyeol's question.

- Bikes aren't allowed in the house "Chanyeol smiled, mentioning the fact that Baekhyun used to break his neighbor antiques, closing the door to get inside first"

 

- They disturb you, too? "Baekhyun said, wearing the slippers Chanyeol threw in front of him"

 

- I'm not antiques fan after all, but you can't break people's things just because you hate it "Baekhyun chuckled, following Chanyeol to the kitchen"

 

- This is a cake by the way, " Baekhyun jumped to walk next to Chanyeol" Not a home made obviously, yours was awesome by the way. I'm proving I'm a good guest. I'm a good gust, right? "Chanyeol opened his mouth to replay" Oh! Mirror…

 

Baekhyun stopped to gaze himself, the drama he had with the cake box not to fall made his hair messy without he notices and Chanyeol dumped a question that Baekhyun won't remember for sure but he felt glad to see him comfortable, anyway.

 

It wasn't for nothing, and not only because Chanyeol is surrounding him. It was a cozy home and he could feel the warmth, smelling the home made lunch by a mother, something he lost it old enough to still remember the smell of it till today. It saddened him to think about it, and that showed bright clear on his face, he turned to look at Chanyeol intentionally to feel like wearing a smile willingly. Here it comes, as he smiled a nicely dressed mid-forties lady appeared from the kitchen right in front of them; rubbing her hands in a towel, joining Baekhyun with a smiley face and extending her hand for him.

 

- Mrs. Park "Baekhyun went closer extending his hand to be betrayed by a sudden tight hug" Mrs. Park! "He shockingly repeated, suffering the lake of breathe already, looking at Chanyeol who came to stand next to them"

 

- Aigooo, this is little baekhyun, he looks so cute. "She pushed him away to squeeze his cheeks so tight what formed a circle with his lips and made him incapable of speaking" You look different.

 

Chanyeol widened his eyes when he knew what his mom meant; Baekhyun blushed and didn't know what to do as he was captured.

 

- Mom, can you let him go "Chanyeol said, feeling a bit of anger that his mom was comparing Baekhyun with his love life Tao"

 

The mother released him; giving up "My fault" She said, while Baekhyun was rubbing his sore Jaw.

 

 - Thank you Mrs. Park, it's nice to finally meet you.

 

The two laughed leaving Chanyeol aside till he came hugging Baekhyun from his right shoulder and tell his mom.

 

- Mom, this little cute person is my Best Friend "He told her, looking at her eyes directly to make it clear for her that he doesn't think of him like Tao, who happens to still has feelings for him" Byun Baekhyun knew about your amazing cooking from me and he is dying to try it.

 

- Are you sure? Because I can't imagine this guy rosier than that.

 

- No, Mrs. Park "Baekhyun held his stomach as he was honestly starving" Tell me you have some chocolate milk, too.

 

Chanyeol's mom covered and laughed before winking at Baekhyun.

 

- I'm sure we can work that out "She said, keeping her wide smile" Your dad is there by the way, Chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun chuckled and chanyeol's mom said, excusing herself back to the kitchen while pointing at the door next to them" Go meet him in the living room "Chanyeol nodded and his mom was gone"

 

Chanyeol asked Baekhyun to walk a head, the kid was one step ahead of him and before he could take another step forward, he felt a strange blast of air too close to his neck; he moved his gazed to the side and that was enough to see Chanyeol's face inappropriately so close to him what made Baekhyun fell away.

 

-No, seriously "He said, setting a hand in front of him, feeling his heart beats like crazy" What's wrong with you?

 

- I like your scent "Chanyeol felt ashamed, scratching his head as he offered his hand for Baekhyun to stand up" It's so manly in a familiar way "The way Tao used to wear it, so much of it but still nicely smelled"

 

- Thanks "Baekhyun stood up with Chanyeol's help" Dad buys me these perfumes usually "He said, telling Chanyeol that he doesn’t know its name indirectly"

 

Chanyeol took his hand back leading his friend to the living room.

 

- Let's go meet the man of the house "Chanyeol said, to be pushed to the wall by Baekhyun, taken by surprise, he looked at him with wide eyes; wondering the reason why this happened"

 

- The man of the house! "Baekhyun felt the nervousness rushing through his blood, into his head to sense the strong heat, what if this man is no different than his dad, he can't meet two persons as much as bad"

 

- Yes… "Chanyeol tried not to show how weird Baekhyun is acting right now" How about we meet him first?

 

-Seriously? "Baekhyun released Chanyeol so he can back off from the wall and arrange his full sleeves black shirt" Fine, " He looked down with disappointment, he came all the way to here and he can't go back no matter what" But if anything happens it's on you "Baekhyun pointed at Chanyeol before he get into the living room, Chanyeol smiles deciding not to tell him how nice his father is"

 

As Baekhyun entered the living room, a grey-haired man was sitting reading a magazine, Baekhyun still had a little hesitation to enter but Chanyeol passed him give him the OK look to come in and make his move.

 

- Chanyeol's dad "Baekhyun said, whispering" Mr. Park," he said, more clearly but still was talking to himself" Mrs. Park husband, "He said more clearly and when Mr. Park raised his head Baekhyun hid behind Chanyeol" I promise I won't do it again "He said, what he used to say to his dad whenever he makes a mistake"

 

- Sorry about what? "The father asks" How are you son?

 

Chanyeol cleared his throat trying to push Baekhyun away, his dad smiled over the little kid scene so nervouse behind his son, Chanyeol decided stepping forward and say

 

-Dad, I want to introduce you to my best friend Baekhyun. I invited him over to have lunch so you would see the good people I hang with at school.

 

Baekhyun was surprised for hearing the cause of his visit; he never thought chanyeol had this strict family, he sure left Chanyeol's back but all he did after was looking around trying to avoid his father's gaze, not even hearing the question 'How are you son?' that was meant for him.

 

Chanyeol father smiled widely to make it clear and cause the entire dark thoughts of Baekhyun's actions to vanish in the mid-air.

 

Baekhyun took a step to stand straight and bow a 90degree bow "Good after noon sir, my name is Byun Baekhyun, I'm chanyeol's friend and I sit next to him in class. It's nice to meet you, "He looked at him still doing the bow" Sir!

He stood back up slowly, still waiting for Chanyeol's dad reaction; he laughed and shook his with rejection.

 

- No need for the "sir" part son, "He stopped laughing to look at him kindly" any friend of chanyeol is like a son to me. It's nice to meet you, too, Baekhyun "Baekhyun the victory smile for a war he created himself to please Chanyeol's dad"

 

Chanyeol's mom cut off the good atmosphere.

 

- I guess it's enough for an introduction, now come over to the dinning table the food is served "She said and turned and went her way first, the others followed her each of them starving in different levels"

 

Baekhyun closed his eyes walking to the dinning room, enjoying the flower pots scattered around causing a lovely smell in the air, the light colors of the walls that matched the dark colors of the flowers, his eyes only opened on a lovely scene of a dinning room that didn't feel any different, a circled table, a nice table makes everyone able to face each other and never have a conversation for their own, the table was almost served with all kind of food and he felt full just looking at it.

 

- You like magic? "Mrs. Park said, taking Baekhyun's attention" Because I believe that good food brings happiness "A part of Baekhyun felt attached to this place, it's the first time he is here and he already feels that he belongs to this place"

 

- And I believe that your food is not any less than that "He gave a complement, Baekhyun couldn’t stop his jaw from dropping open, he never saw this amount of food in front of him since the food –eating competition they had at school and he sure can't make that kind of mess here"

 

Spaghetti, pizza, Chinese noodles, burgers, you name it, it's there.

 

The amount of food kept Baekhyun from noticing the girl standing next to the table. Chanyeol pinched his arm to get him out of the dazzling and pointed at his sister.

 

- Baekhyun, it's your new Noona "Chanyeol said, Baekhyun looked to where Chanyeol is pointing"

 

The shocked expression didn’t get off Baekhyun's face, he was supposed to bow to his new Noona but instead he said bluntly while switching his gaze between cthe two,

 

-WOAH! Jeez, it's like a beautiful girl version of Chanyeol is standing right over there "He looked at his sister" Beautiful, "What made her blush"

 

Chanyeol frowned helplessly, he knew deep inside that Baekhyun won't be able to keep the fake polite act up for long, not that he dislike it but the exact opposite, but when it comes to his family red lines are made, he just hoped he keep it till he's done with the last member of the family.

 

Chanyeol sighed and Baekhyun was caught off guard understanding the hidden message so he bowed immediately,

 

- I'm so sorry for my blunt comment it was inappropriate, it's just I never thought someone with Chanyeol face can be so pretty and feminine. My name is Byun Baekhyun, nice to meet you Noona.

 

Chanyeol sister chuckled and nodded "it's ok" she told him.

 

- Lots of people have the same reaction at the first time. Nice to meet you, too, Baekhyun, My name is Park Yura, Chanyeol's elder sister.

 

- She doesn't even look older than you "Baekhyun said with low tone still looking at his sister what made Chanyeol feel jealously uncomfortable and replay to him"

 

-It's makeup now stop starring at her.

 

Chanyeol's mom clapped for attention,

 

-  Enough with the chitchat, the food is not getting any hotter, sit down for prayers "Baekhyun gave a quick bow moving to sit with the others next to his friend Chanyeol"

 

After being seated, the whole family connected hands and Chanyeol could feel Baekhyun grapping his hand so tight but he ignore it as much as he could endure it. The father checked all of them with the corner of his eyes and began to tell his prayer. Soon after, they started serving the food.

 

Baekhyun eyes glimmered at the sight of home-made food, he continued his admiration as soon as they were done. He almost lost control of the drool escaping his lips wondering what to eat first.

 

He literally doesn't remember how long has it been 3 maybe 4 years passed since he sat on a decent dinner table eating with people he can consider a family and chatting in a peaceful mood…. No fights.

 

Just peaceful and nice, no loud noises or fights or him crying under the table, something like this he would wish for it to stay forever. The wife was serving food to her husband, talking about their morning and the Yura is listening to Chanyeol who was taking the gravy and telling her jokes that the laughing results placed his heart in ease, he wasn’t afraid or crying, either.

 

Chanyeol noticed the weird silence next to him, and he wondered if Baekhyun needed to be served food and he is shy to pick food himself, he turned to offer him a hand instead he saw Baekhyun's tear drop down. He wasn’t the only one to notice; the whole family did and looked worried about it. Of course they won't know what's wrong with their guest and why he is like this all of sudden.

They turned their eyes to Chanyeol, asking him to do something with their eyes, Chanyeol rested his palm on Baekhyun's shoulder, the kid closed his eyes harder to remove the remaining tears in his eyes, and  he left his head up dazzling them with a smile to assure them he is ok,

- Just praying a little more that’s all hehehe "Praying for this to stay and for happiness to last, he was giving a special prayer and he knows best how it feels not to have this in somebody's life"

That was his excuse, and his smiley eyes were enough to make them get back to their lunch with ease; wearing the ok smile, but Chanyeol kept an eye on him the whole time. He knew Baekhyun wasn’t feeling as good as the smile he showed.

Baekhyun noticed the eagle eyes, he turned to Chanyeol what caused an eye connection, and he could see that his friend didn't buy it, so he nodded to him to assure him that he wasn’t shattering inside.

 

But deep inside Chanyeol couldn't tell how Baekhyun is feeling when he just heard about Baekhyun's past from his friends, after his parents' separation and the sleepless nights he had, screaming his guts out for the cruelty of fate. Crying for the scene of his mother in wreck from drinking and crying on the bathroom floor, and for the things his father has done to him. Brining him here, bringing his feelings back to surface, to a house never suffered of the things he heard of, he just looked at his broken friend; apologizing to him with his eyes; hoping he would understand.

 

- So Baekhyun, "Chanyeol's father said, when all Baekhyun have done is playing with his noodles" you told me your last name is Byun?

 

- Yes "Baekhyun wore a smile as he looked at Chayeol's father"

 

- Are you somehow related to that government guy? His last name is also Byun.

 

Chanyeol's eyes widened and he quickly glanced at Baekhyun expecting a hysterical event but instead, Baekhyun sighed and said.

 

-  Hum, yes. He is actually my father "He placed down the chopsticks"

 

Chanyeol's father could notice the atmosphere he tried to change end up with failure so he ended up patting on his shoulder to comfort him the normal way.

 

- I didn’t mean to disturb you, "Baekhyun felt the good aura coming from his side, and he just smiled and told him frankly"

 

-  It's nothing, I swear.

Baekhyun still tried to look OK, but as Chanyeol's dad removed his hand Chanyeol found the chance to put his, the mom looked at her son certain that he saw the not ok side displayed on Baekhyun's face.

 

- I believe you're done "He said he didn't suspect that Baekhyun has no appetite meanwhile" Let's go to my room, I planned a fun time for us today.

It was true, and Chanyeol was excited about it, it was OK to skip food and family time in the living room because Baekhyun doesn't need this, not any longer. Baekhyun looked at his friend who helped him… again… to willingly draw a smile, because Baekhyun could feel his excitement, the excitement transforming to his whole body just from Chanyeol's hand touching his shoulder.

 

- And I'm looking forward to… "He said," Seeing your room. "And jumped from his chair to leave the dinning room; making Chanyeol frown, again, helplessly, for his friend failure tries to be polite for such an invitation"

Was he a normal guy with a couple of magazines hidden under the bed? Is he some kind of a video games geek; has a lot of food garbage on his originally dirty floor? The questions were ready, and all it took to answer them is opening the door in front of him.

 

- Open it Chanyeol "Baekhyun said, right after he noticed his wrong behavior on lunch  he stopped waiting for his friend to open his room door, instead he laid on the door and started teasing him" I said I'm sorry, "He turned about to leave saying," You want me to apologize to your family, too.

 

- No, "Chanyeol held his arm to pull him back, however he did it strong enough to let Baekhyun fall between his arms, awkwardly" You don't have to. "Chanyeol removed him quickly to remove the tension and opened his room door"

 

He chuckled ignoring what happen, right after his curiousness was answered the time the door was wide open, revealing a surprisingly clean room. Blue colored room, an arranged bed with lovely light blue sheets to match the walls of the room neatly. There was indeed a videogame under the computer, unlike the wires mess he had behind his Xbox, the wires were neatly folded in place, and he could tell that it hasn't been touched in a while.

 

Baekhyun could figure out the reason Chanyeol always got high grades in almost all the subjects, he believed that Chanyeol is more genius than that Han won kid and it's just about time he get higher grades than him; Observing the place, Baekhyun seated himself on the bed, driving a serious attention from Chanyeol who notices how quite he is so far.

 

- Such a nice room channi, seems restful. "Baekhyun said with a sneaky face while reaching his hand to catch the end of the mattress"

 

- But, you don't fool me Idi…!!  "He lifted the mattress up, so he can reveal the tons of playboy magazine's lying in there" ot, "He said idiot depending on a wrong conclusion" Idiot, "He said it again, to himself, releasing the mattress, when he was disappointed founding nothing in there"

 

And the loud laugh coming from Chanyeol based on sarcasm did not make him fell any better. Chanyeol wiped the remaining tears clinging at the corner of his eyes and said.

 

- You're not going to find anything in here Baek, "He took a deep breath to regain a good amount of Oxygen" Not a thing, "He told him" I don’t do this kind of stuff.

 

- Yeah, right, and you dare to fool me? So you are telling me you've never seen a girl before? You weren't even craving for it. "Baek said, shamelessly, with his eyebrows shooting up"

 

Chanyeol started changing his cloths and he said while taking off his shirt, ignoring Baekhyun's language.

- Of course I've seen and wanted to see but I'm not stupid enough to bring it in here.

 

- Ah~, smartass aren’t you? "Baekhyun said with a laugh, wondering to himself why haven't he done the same"

 

Chanyeol giggled, picking his red T-shirt from the closet, and wearing some perfume before he leaves the room with Baekhyun and say his goodbyes to his family, letting Baekhyun utter his thanks to them for inviting him before hitting the road.

 

Baekhyun had the driver for the rest of the day, It was only 1:30 pm, and they were two young teens with money. So they hit the mall, wasting their money on stupid games, and eating chocolate ice-cream with no concerns about their figure. They spend their time enjoying food, entertainment and others company. It was perfect so far.

 

They spent a good 2 hours wandering around, and by 3:30 p.m. they had played all the games they desired in the mall. Baekhyun checked his watch to check if they were late, and turned to chanyeol who was gasping for air after playing "dancing steps pro 2: move your feet to the beat" for half an hour, losing the game.

 

- You won't believe its only 3:30, I don’t want to go home yet, how about a one wild game "Baekhyun begged fate that Chanyeol can still be free for him, with his begging eyes and pouting lips, Baekhyun looked so cute that Chanyeol had to ruffle his hair"

 

- We're having fun, why going home so early! "Chanyeol agreed"

 

Baekhyun looked confused; don't know how to show his happiness for how fast Chanyeol has agreed. Chanyeol revealed a smirk, raising his hand to point to the other side of the town, and with a thrilling tone he said.

 

- Let's go to the amusement park Baek! They have the scariest death train ever, and I want to witness how much it can scare you.

 

Before Baekhyun could answer he was standing in the line holding his ticket, he sighed and looked at the tall guy standing beside him, the guy who dragged him into this.

 

- You sure you want to ride this? "He needed a confirmation; death trains are awesome but…"

 

- Yeah! What's the matter? Scared already "Chanyeo said, wearing a stupid grin"

 

- HELL NO! Tell you what , I'm sure they will take our picture while we scream like girls… "It's more like, his image, the one that always turn bad in these games and he ends up being bulled by Kyungsoo and Suho" Tell me you get it when I say like girls.

 

- Fair point, "Chanyeol thought about it, if his childhood friend wasn't someone like Tao, there was no way anyone make jokes over his face shape"

 

- How about a bet, the one who looks calmer, less girly, wins and the loser has to buy him hot dogs, 30 hot dogs! "Chanyeol chuckled, listening to that number"

 

- What the hell with 30! No one can eat that much, and I don't have that kind of money "He pointed out" We spent most of our money in the mall, remember?

 

- You're right "Baekhyun scratched his head with a confusion" Let's make it a hot dog and a soft drink, "Chanyeol looked at him "That would be fine, right?

 

- Ok, then "Chanyeol nodded"

 

They both giggled and kept challenging each other in different and stupid things until it was their turn to ride; they sat next to each other on the 5th row, wearing their challenging glances at each other before the ride starts, fully sure they would win the bet.

 

 

The ride went softly up; sending them both back to their seats with their hair strands flying everywhere, in the process a hair got into Baekhyun's eyes what caused him to rub it hardly trying to get it out, but the opposite direction of air wasn’t helping, and when he finally managed to take it out his eyes winded over the scene from up there, it was time for them to fall all the way down.

 

It was the begging of executing his death sentence and that made him take a look at Chanyeol to see if he was any different, he found him hiding his face with both his hands.

 

Baekhyun spread his laughter that turned to a loud and sharp screams, seconds after it turned into an even louder scream as the ride went down nearly touching the ground before going up and down, in wheels, hills and another wheels again.

 

They both forgot about the bet screaming the hell out of them with their eyes closed the whole time, thankfully the ride ended before nether of them got a heart attack.

 

- Oh my god "Baekhyun said, getting off the train to walk like a jelly" I think I'm going to puke "He said, stopping for a second to gain balance"

 

- Everyone is laughing at us "Chanyeol said, regretting his needs to ride this thing behind them" I don't even care about it. "He looked around the place" Where can we get our photo?

 

The two stood up straight and looked at the small store in the corner and both singled at it saying "There it is loudly"

 

- I'm getting the photo "Chanyeol said, he wanted to be the first to see them no matter what and few minutes later"

 

- You lost admit it for god sake "Baekhyun said, setting his hands behind his head while walking next to Chanyeol who kept gazing the photo"

 

- It can't be, I look totally fine "Chanyeol said, trying to find something to beath Baekhyun with"

 

- You were shrinking over yourself and your face is red like a tomato "Baekhyun pointed at him in the photo before he set his hand back again"

 

- You were crying yourself, look at the tears "Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun while showing him the photo" Your eye is fine now?

 

- Yes, and don't forget I was crying because of this "Baekhyun said, trying to hide the fact, he was actually crying but that didn't fool Chanyeol"

 

- The hair got into one of your eyes, you are crying with both of them here. "Baekhyun chuckled nervously before he says"

 

- My eyes are sensitive when it comes to one of them crying, feel for them dude "Baekhyun finished a sentence that Chanyeol laughed about before he witness the famous couple from their school walk by them while holding hands"

- Chanyeol "He said"

 

- Hmm~ "Chanyeol hummed, still looking at the photo"

 

- What do you think of gay people? "Causing Chanyeol to freeze in a second and lose interest in the photo before his eyes"

 

*******************************************************************************************

Hello guys, I'm Raebin, I want to apologize for being late because I'm the one who puts the last touches on the chapter and my friend Lee-Chan was 

done for a while....... enjoy