oh! hi there !

Love Is Not Just A Relationship

 

 

 

 

 

 

The spoon was dropped off the table to hit the ground, eyes got glossy from the tears, chanyeol couldn’t keep it to himself, " but mom … all my friends live here, we can't move!" chanyeol said with a shaky voice, he wanted to leave this place where he got dumped by his childhood friend but he still wants to fix what happened, he had hope that one day his feelings will disappear and then he'll go to him and say hi just like his friend told him.

 

-  Oh well, you knew this would happen sooner or later so don’t pretend to be surprised.

 His mom said, even if her son didn't tell, she could sense something has been going on, so the fact they had to move was actually for his own good before the fact that they have to.

-    But it’s a whole new world in there!!

­he was just a new high school kid; who finally fit in to his class, to move and have to recreate this bond between him and other friends wasn't as easy to be an option.

-    So? It's good to know new people

Not as easy as his mom thinks it is, and he'll never be able to make her understand.

-          But mom...

He said, but as a sign of giving up, because he knew the moment his mom said it, there is no turning back.

 

Knowing it's not going to work his way, Chanyeol went to his room with his head down, it's not like he could scream or cry because he got his sister sharing the room with him and he can't have a private time alone. He kept thinking about more important things that concerns him meanwhile, how could he tell his friends, how could he leave this place, they lived in Busan for 7 years, he just can't imagine living in Seoul a nice but still a whole new place.

 

He gave it a lot of thoughts, but based on his bad confession, he didn't make a decision; he just never thought he would be able to make the good one. Just like his mother asked, he began to back his packs in the next few months, he made a thousand of decisions during this period, eventually he decided just to say goodbye and meet with one person before he leaves.

 

-         Hi, there…

He said, waving at Tao, he wore a smile; burying his dead heart, the one his childhood friend Tao killed when they were in middle school.

-         I heard you were moving,

Tao came closer to him before he says these words, he set his back on the wall, to look at the ground and try to make a good impression before his childhood friend leave, though he knows that what he did to him was hurtful enough to break their bond and never fix it till now.

-         I was kind of afraid… that you would leave without saying goodbye to me.

He chuckles; he just didn't find the right to say these words to him.

-         I didn't talk to you all this time because I still love you and you said yourself that I'm not allowed to come near you if I would ever speak of it again.

Chanyeol kept facing Tao, knowing it's the last minutes he would be able to look at him properly and that he won't be shoved away because of the feelings he has but also can't has for him.

-         I needed to say something for you.

-         Is it goodbye?

-         No, it is 'see you later'.

Tao turned to look at Chanyeol

-         You're serious?

He said, hoping that he understood the right idea and he did see Chanyeol smiles at him.

-         One day I'll come back to you, and my feelings against you will be totally gone, however I won't regret it, because you're the best childhood friend anyone could have.

-         I really want us to go back the same way we used to Chanyeol

Tao said, his eyes got teary as he jumped to hug Chanyeol.

-         I'm really sorry because I pushed you Channi.

-         You needed to wake me up anyway, this is life after all.

He hugged him back, he could sense their happy times together that they lost the past few months, so he closed his eyes to enjoy this moments, smelling the scent of the male perfume his friend always wears…

 

**************************************************** 

 

 

His family managed to move to a new two-floors house, the only benefit to Chanyeol was having a whole brand new room all for himself, it wasn’t easy leaving his friends that he spent at least 5 years with, and the house he and his sister were born in, lots of memories were left there, but for him, the moment of goodbye that he had with Tao that broke the ice between them just made him miss him more and more already, waiting for the day he'll go back to him. But it's no use now; he has a whole new life ahead of him.

 

During the summer vacation his parents tried to register him in some schools but they were all  full , his mom would wake up early every day to go to search  for a school nearby but only to be disappointed , until one day he was sleeping in the morning and his mom entered the room to wake him up,

-          Wake up baby

-          Mom it's too early

Chanyeol changed his position on bed; Nagging to his mother about waking up early after he got used to sleep on mornings.

-          Yeah I know, I just came back from the 9th school

-          What? Did I get rejected again?

He said the sentence he mostly hear lately, his mom chuckles a little and then surprise him.

-          Not really, I got a little help and managed to get you in

-          FINALLY!! You're kidding me.

Chanyeol jumped off the bed; being lazy is not his thing even if it was an easier life style.

-          Yeah, so get up and get ready. I'll make breakfast for the whole family to celebrate it. And I do mean it.

-          There is nothing to celebrate for!

Mom standing by the door turned and said:

- Hey! Maybe not for you but I worked my to get you in there, the least you could do is appreciate it you punk.

Chanyeol giggled for his mother accent, he removed the blanket and got up, not knowing what he will face in a month but trying to be optimistic about it.

 

 

*****************************************************************

 

Less than a month passed and it was officially the beginning of a nightmare or more commonly what they call the first semester, chanyeol got up and got ready by 7 o'clock, not expecting anything from today from being a perfect day to anything else, he just decided to wear his clothes and head to the new school and see what fate got for him.

 He was at the school gate and he knew from the first sight that this wasn't his place, however he said good bye to his mom and entered  the school while  thinking  'what the hell did I get myself into?' he wasn’t feeling easy , from one glance he could tell that everyone got someone to hang out with, so he will probably be alone for a while, or even a long while, also the fact that he was taller than everyone else wasn’t helping, all he could think of was 'I hate first days'.

 

After roaming through the whole school and collecting glances from everyone he finally arrived to his class; knocking at the door and getting in, again everyone started checking him from head to toe, after the teacher made sure he was in the right class he asked him to introduce himself.

In a husky voice he said.

"Hello, my name is park chanyeol, I came from busan, I hope we could be good friends" with a stupid smile on his face trying to hide the loneliness he was feeling, but his classmates sure didn't make it any more easier.

'How could a person have such a low voice' they just start whispering about their like and mostly dislikes about the new kid, who obviously can be the center of attention.

The whole class started laughing and the teacher tapped the table to get them to be quite but it was no use.  chanyeol's words came from underneath his teeth 'this is going to be a long year' while going to the back of the class.

 

 A week passed and he hasn’t made any friends yet, not that he thought it was going to be easy, and it is making him go crazy, a week without talking to a human being sharing him the same age and maybe interest! And his old friends are now busy with their school work; not to mention he can't call Tao meanwhile, chanyeol was literally at the verge of going Looney.

 

Chanyeol's school days that year would barely pass, spending time with his "classmates",  who would only talk about ual activities making him more uncomfortable by the seconds, not mentioning making fun of him for his deep voice and tall skinny figure. Everyday was the same boring thing, they weren't good for him and he wasn't good for them, so no matter how they try to be nice and let him join their group, they eventually just ignore him because they don't know him  enough but to know that they have nothing in common.

 

He tried to bare with it the longest he could, but as the summer vacation took a place, he could finally open up to his parents about how bad this school is and how he would appreciate it if they could transfer him one last time.

- Dad, a lot of things were happening in the school, things such as yourself and mom wouldn't approve of, like in inappropriate talk, plus it's not comfortable for me to be around, no one likes me and I like no one and I can't keep it up this way, it's not a life, I would be just wasting my high school days.

 

His father laid down his fork  and while rubbing his hands together to calm down, he sighed "And, why is that? The inappropriate things" and asked calmly.

 "Everyone makes fun of me and they always talk about inappropriate things that I can talk to you about… like… like" he tried to think of a sentence to walk things through "Like how you make babies, and that makes me uncomfortable".

 

His mom looked at him and said, "I thought you knew how hard we worked to get you in there? You can't just go find some good friends to talk with?" chanyeol replied, 

"I know, I do know and I appreciate that but I just can't do this anymore, please understand where I come from, this is a totally different environment for me, more than I even imagined"

 His dad looked at him one more time to think about it before saying,  

"This will be the last time we have this conversation, I will transfer you but don’t expect me to do it again" chanyeol smiled, "thanks dad, I promise you I won't nag again".

 

 

 

**************************************************************************

 

 

 

 

After the summer vacation passed by, chanyeol found no escape to be again at the so called "first day".

All alone with a class he doesn’t know anybody in, at least they didn’t make fun out of him this time. He found himself in the same position where everyone has friends but unlike that school who felt likeiit was  owned by a gang, this was a more peaceful place for him to be in. 

 

 

As a smartass kid, he could manage to suit himself between a punch of nerds, and it was something to dislike since he is a nerd himself, more over; after joining with them and listen to their conversations and watch them play some memory games, he found them a lot of fun, more than anybody else he met since he came to Seoul.

 

They tried their best to make him feel comfortable by anticipating with them but he couldn’t fit with them that much, so during breaks he would sit with them, listen to them chatting while drawing some fan art kind of drawings of his favorite anime at the time. As he left the pen beside, the moment he looked up he could notice some glances from a kid who was sitting two seats away from him, a kid with lovely face features, winged eyes that turned into smiley eyes when he laughed for being seen by him, a tiny pink lips and then he covered his half face with the prettiest hands he had ever seen. He wanted to talk with him because he felt chemistry in between the two of them, he knew deep inside that the little kid wanted to talk with him and he wanted the exact same thing but didn’t have the dare to approach him first.

 

-          This is nice…

One of his friends interrupted their eye contact as he approached him to see one of his drawings.

-         You actually drew this?

He questioned him as he pulled the sketch from his hands.

-         I did, I do this often… drawing my favorite characters.

-         This is nice, very nice…

He said, with big admiration that made Chanyeol blush.

-         Which mean you have some more, how about you bring your sketches tomorrow; it's going to be a lot of fun.

He said, and because Chanyeol was busy figuring a way to talk with a specific student.

-         Yeah, sure, I'll bring whatever you want.

 

Next day , chanyeol came holding 2 bags filled with drawing notes; he thought 'If I wasn't daydreaming while looking at the guy I might save myself some humiliation' he just thought; drawing is something he does out of fun, but now he is in front of a punch of his classmates; watching his work and ready to criticize him. Surprisingly that made the whole class interested, they checked his sketches and made some beautiful comments but most of them did not know who Naruto was so there wasn't much to talk about, as he found himself socializing, he found it disappointing that the conversation topic was closed even before it start.

 

He looked for the guy he was watching yesterday, somehow he didn't come closer to see like the others, however he was looking from far; sitting on his friend's desk and the curiosity can be told from his face, Chanyeol couldn't help but to go, if the Naruto topic was closed there is still one topic can be opened for him today. He pulled a random sketching from his bag, without even looking at it and went straight ahead to him.

-         One Naruto Sketch for…

-         Baekhyun…

He said, and jumped from the table to have a look at it.

-         I hope you like it Baekhyun, my name is Chanyeol.

Chanyeol said, while looking at Baekhyun's happy face, so obvious that he was admiring his work.

-         It's beautiful, well done; I never tried to draw anything like it before.

-         I bet you draw random things on your Physics book.

Chanyeol joked, a sentence he said that applies on Tao.

-         I do, it's funny that you guessed.

Baekhyun looked at him, he reached his hand to him with a big smile on his face, at the same time Chanyeol was shocked to find a similarity between him and his childhood friend so instead of shaking hands, his overwhelming feelings lead him to a big hug that Baekhyun found awkward but yet he accepted it kindly.

 

The nerds group was fun, but to have someone you feel more attached to because if he likes things that you actually do, is something can be extremely fun. He just went to let him see some Sketches, but Baekhyun happen to know much more about things he likes, things Tao liked and as much as he missed that Tao, he can surely see a part of him in Baekhyun.