Epilogue

Broken Wings
 

 

E    p    i    l    o    g    u    e                                        

 

 

It has been three months since Baekhyun said goodbye to his old life.

He moved to Japan with Chanyeol, they were currently engaged and he still couldn’t believe it was really happening with his parents knowing about it.

It was like a dream –living 24/7 in the same place as Chanyeol was everything he always cherished.

He had to thank his parents for the Japanese classes he had to take since he was nine, other way he couldn’t have understood what his professors explained in every class.

His fiancée treated him like if they were already married and he couldn’t be happier –he always knew the younger would be a great husband.

He missed Kyungsoo but Skype helps a lot these days and he can tell his best friend is as happy as him. Joonmyeon was probably the reason.

Kyungsoo has promised to go visit him soon and Baekhyun can’t wait to show him how beautiful his new home is.

And the ring Chanyeol bought for him.

 

Unlike what Sehun thought, Jongin never gave up, he kept waiting for him.

His relationship with Minseok didn’t work the way he would have wanted to because, to be honest, he didn’t like the older the way he liked Jongin.

And he would never do.

He couldn’t deny the fact that Jongin was his true love and how he wished he was Jongin’s.

Though the other has freely expressed his feelings more than once, Sehun still felt guilty for Kyungsoo even when he had apologized and the other would have told him it was ok.

As much as he wanted to throw himself to Jongin’s arms and say those three words he would stop himself to do so, only because he was afraid.

Afraid of what could happen the next morning, afraid that Jongin would leave him again because it was a mistake.

“We can go slow” –the older had told him– “just give a chance to show you how much I really love you, Sehun”

He finally accepted.

 

Yixing had easily stopped thinking of Kris the same way he did back to when they first met at the airport. He found out that Kris already loved someone and that would never change.

Tao was indeed a sweet boy and who would have known Seoul was so small –he had met Tao in the plane from Toronto the same day he first saw Kris.

Now, everything he could think of was sweet Jongdae, the guy who helped him finding a book at the library a few weeks ago.

The news about Professor Kris Wu proposing to his five-year-younger boyfriend spread like butter on hot bread.

Some even said there was a video of it, who knows, but the young English professor couldn’t look happier lately.

 

Joonmyeon ran his fingers through Kyungsoo’s hair –the younger was reading a book, his head on his boyfriend’s lap, resting under a tree.

He smiled, softly closing the book and looking at Joonmyeon.

“You know I love you, right?”

“And you know I love you more, right?”

“I’m going for something to drink. Want some?”

Joonmyeon observed carefully, Luhan was standing a few meters away from him.

“Yes, just surprise me”

After Kyungsoo left, he walked to his old friend.

“Luhan, what are you doing here? Is something wrong?”

“Don’t worry” –Luhan smiled– “I lost my wings”

“What? But Soo remembered everything”

“I know, but I met someone”

Lu, are you ready?

“Joonmyeon, this is Minseok. Minseok, this is my friend Joonmyeon”

 

Joonmyeon brought Kyungsoo closer and kissed the top of his head. The younger smiled and lept reading...

 

What is an eternity for, if it is not filled by you?
What are wings for, if they only push me away from you?

Wherever you are, I’ll be there.
No matter where, if you are with me…
…anywhere will be paradise.

 

 

 

______

657 words.
The End