Prologue

Broken Wings

 

 

P    r    o    l    o    g    u    e                                        

 

 

It was already ten after ten and Kyungsoo observed the beautiful stars shining bright in the infinite sky through his half lidded eyes. He slightly leaned his head to the right, exposing his neck to Joonmyeon’s lips’ soft and warm touches.

He pressed his lower lip between his own teeth to prevent a small moan trying to escape through his throat while his hands found a place on the older one’s head, entangling his fingers in the dark hair –arching his back and falling into the need of get their bodies closer to each other’s. 

His skin and his whole body reacting with so much intensity because of each one of those sinful touches Joonmyeon gave him; it was like a thirst that can only be satiated with water.

Their eyes met and it was only because of the dim moonlight that filled the room at the time that they could see the honesty in each touch and so much love in their eyes. Joonmyeon got closer and pressed his lips against the younger’s forehead right before he whispered a sweet  “I love you” followed by another caring touch, this time on his cheek.

Kyungsoo’s fingers now nimbly played with the hem of his lover’s shirt until slowly taking it off and making it disappear somewhere into the darkness of the room. His hands roamed, magically moving onto Joonmyeon’s chest, shoulders and stopping on his back while his lips tasted his sweet smile. 

The younger discovered with his hands, under his own fingers, scars that marked half way on the other’s back, crossing from his shoulder-blades until reaching his mid-back. The sensations were so many that he just buried his nails in the milky white-skin.

That night, he took him into his arms, he embraced him with his warmth and protected him from the nightmares that hunted his dreams down since years ago but Joonmyeon, with his only presence, made them disappear.

On the chest where he found his peace and strength, he wrote with his fingers an “I love you”; a word that Joonmyeon was more than willing to receive with a kiss.

The older wouldn’t care if he had to live another eternity if with that he would win the chance to hold Kyungsoo like this in his arms, hug him and repeat over and over again the way he felt towards him, how much he loves him. An eternity wouldn’t be enough to satisfy the need of taste his lips –feel his touches and bring him closer to him.

He kissed his head tenderly and observed the smile on the younger’s lips until the latter felt asleep.

He looked through the window and saw the stars, bright and distant. He remembered how Kyungsoo used to be his own star, always shining that bright and being potentially close yet so distant.

He remembered those days when he watched over him all the time, caressing his face as the younger slept but feeling his own heart trapped against his chest at the same time. Back then he could do nothing but being unnoticed there, opening his arms for him and silently assuring him that everything was going to be fine, until Kyungsoo’s cries died.  

He lost himself for a moment, looking at the sleeping man beside him –capturing his beauty once again in his memory; because after tonight, he probably won’t see him never again.

Joonmyeon brought him closer to his own body and silently promised that no matter how or when, they will be together again.

 

What is an eternity for, if it is not filled by you?
What are wings for, if they only push me away from you?

Wherever you are, I’ll be there.
No matter where, if you are with me…
…anywhere will be paradise.

 

 

______

631 words for the prologue 
Enjoy :¨·.·¨: `·.♥