You belong with me

my little love stories

 

 

                                                      http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r767/ArraAlcantara/kaide_zps9cfa5234.jpg

 

You belong with me

Kaixyou one shot as requested by:cutelittlenisa

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

-

-

 

 

I know everything about her feelings. The pain that is visible in her eyes whenever when I am with somebody else but what can I do? I can't make myself fall for her instantly.

She was the closest person to me. She was more than a friend but of a family. A sister I didn't came to know, a mother who had never cared for me. She was all I ever needed, well, if I have to endure this one so tiring life.

But aside from friendship and filial feelings we had I don't think I can have more than that. Maybe because I was just scared to complicate what we both have. So scared to lose everything at once if things won't work out the way we had want it. But deep within me, I can tell she's very important.

 I have a date today but I cut it early because the girl I forgot to ask the name wants to hit club. So it was like an awkward trip to Suho's hyung place.

"Say, Jongin!"

"It's Kai," I don't allow people to call me by my real name, because that was hers.

She was this dazzling angel whose smile keeps my cold heart warm, whose hand I have been holding on when I felt lost; the only voice I listen to.

"Mianhe. I did not know you don't like people calling you---

"Its fine," I said cutting her.  This is the first time I go out with her but the way she talks to me it feels like we're the couple who have gone to sleeping together.

And I don't like it.

Maybe because a girl who can't surpass her was not enough for me,

I just realize it now; all those dates were to look for someone who was rather similar to her.

Caring, understanding, giving, loving.

She was not so sweet but she was real cool in her own little ways.

She never stops surprising me with stuffs and her cooking; with her singing and paintings.

I only can smile wholeheartedly when I was with her. Sometimes I was thinking I am in love with her but I guess not. Because my heart doesn't just stop when she was near, it seemed to pulse with pain that I can't even say her name.

"Kai," She spoke again. I tried to glance at her. "Do you even know my name?"

I was caught off guard. I am not a pleasant boy but I don't like hurting girls.

"I am sorry, I did not ask you," I can tell my cheeks were flaming red. It was so embarrassing; going out with someone you didn't even know the name.

'It's fine. The name is Jeong Eun Ji," She offered her hand so I took it. Her hands does not fit on my hands, it made me curious for a while because my best friend's hand perfectly fit into mine.

I wonder why.

''It's nice meeting you Kai-shi..." I smiled faintly.

"Nice meeting you too, Eun Ji-shi."

I tried to look happy but all of me scream no. I just want to go home now and slump on the couch. I bet my best friend got the newest issues of Mangas.

I sighed secretly. I never thought this date night would turn out this way.

"So where are we heading?" After a moment she asks. "EXOPLANET." I answered eyes still on the roads.

"Oh, cool. I've been there before. Kim Joon Myeon owns that place right?'

"Dae."

I wonder how she knows that.

"I know you are guessing now why I know such man."

Huh?

"My family was somehow connected to Suho's business empire. My dad was his late grandfather's trusted investor.

AHH..

 I just nod as she talks. I was really uninterested. She was pretty yes, but I don't seem to like her. There was something in her that was lacking.

This girl was not supposed to be my date but Lay hyung cancelled so Chen as gentle as anyone called me.

"I met Chen at SM Entertainment. I got stocks from there."

"You mean..

"I have rich dad and lots of resources. Anyway my stocks at SM was not that big but enough to make some changes."

So these explain the AUDI and expensive clothes; the Gucci and Channel no. 5 and the stubbornness in her eyes.

She talked and talked and I just listen. I sometimes ask and say 'ah' and 'oh' but nothing more than that. It was around few kilometers away from Suho's place that I got a call.

Jagi calling...

My heart thumps in my chest. She does not like calling me but why does she...

Pick up! Pick up! I said, pick up Jongin!

 I smiled as I listen to my ring tone. Her voice.

" Yeobeoseyeo?

My heart lurch in my chest when I recognized the voice, Do Kyungsoo.

"Hyung?" I ask with a frown. Why does he have her phone? It was late, how come she was still with him?

"It's me. Where are you now?" I can tell the worry in his voice. My heart stops beating. "Wae? Something happen to Jagi?"

Jagi. That's what I have been calling her for almost eleven years. It was on our third grade when I decided to call her that, because I just felt like it. At first she hated it but soon she just let me.

Now I was thinking that the fault was mine. She falls in love with me because I made her.

"Hyung, what happened to her?"

"I don't know but she's acting weird. Even Sehun was worried. She was drinking and dancing crazily with some guys in Suho's place"

"What?"

"You heard me right. Now hurry and pick her up."

"Wait, who's with her now?" I ask nervously.

"She is with Tao and the maknae."

"Jesus! Hyung hurry and go back to her. You know how silly those kids are. What if_________

"Jongin. Those kids are your friends. They won't harm your best friend."

"Araseo but still---

"Ara. Hurry now."

When he hang up I step on the accelerator making my date scream. "Mianhe. I got a situation."

She nods at me. I never drive faster that what was allowed but not tonight. I got to get to her now.

I forgot about my date when I got to park on Suho's building. I hurriedly went inside his club and search for her. The first thing I notice was the acrid smell of smoke, sweat and . She hates this place but why was she here?

I spotted Sehun after five minutes.

"Ya! Maknae!"

Sehun waved at me. I glared at him as I get close.

"Oopps, I didn't touch her."

I frowned and scan the area. I can't still find her. Then from somewhere I heard her voice.

"Hey guys!" The music stops and people were all like boo. "Jungmal Mianata but will you please her me sing? Just this one song and I will stop.

I stared agape. This was not my shy best friend. This was not her.

" Kim Jongin..I can tell you are here but anyways, listen you moron!" Her voice was raw and hitching."I-hiks..I will only say it once." The crowd silenced and watches her as she make her speech.

"No matter how many s you and girls you date remember this. You. Belong. With. Me.

The crowd started cheering as the music starts. Nobody seems to notice me except the boys who look at me in daze.

You're on the phone with your girl friend; she's upset
she's going off about something that you said
'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do

Even drunk her voice was still the same. Soft and cool on ears.  I don't know how long I had stopped my own breath but when I finally grasps my reality I can't help but feel so weedy. She just announces her secret feelings for me in a mass of drinking and partying animals. Now I wonder if she could live days after this night if she remembers all of it.

I'm in my room, it's a typical Tuesday night
I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like
And she'll never know your story like I do

But she wears short skirts, I wear T-shirts
She's Cheer Captain and I'm on the bleachers
dreaming about the day when you wake up and find
that what you're looking for has been here the whole time

 

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you
been here all along, so why can't you see?
You belong with me, you belong with me

 

Right, if I could see that she's the one who understands me, then honestly how can't I see myself to belong with her? To love her more than a sister?

Or maybe I did but can't just believe it happening? Can't just accept what was I am feeling?

-

-

-

-

-

-

I listen to hear song intently, sorting my own feelings.

Then I felt Suho's hand on my shoulders. "You still don't get it?"

I cast him a 'What are you saying' look. "She loves you, you love her. You belong together."

"Tch. That's impossible. We are like brothers and sisters how can you be--

"I am sure as hell Kai. And don't give me crap like that. I can tell you don't like it either when you see her with someone as she always gets sad when you are with others. And besides those dates, I can tell, you are just comparing them with her. So why do that when you can have her?"

"Hyung.."

"Arasseo. I think I'll leave the thinking to you."

I turn around and saw Kyungsoo hyung looking at the stage worried. I turn to see what she was doing now.

A man in black went up to give her some plastic flowers. His voice was clear n the microphone.

"I think I belong with you," then he give her a squeeze on her private area. The boys gasped behind me, I clenched my teeth.

But that woman did not even notice it.

Argh. She's impossible.

"Should we try our dice tonight?" He whispered on her ears strong enough to be heard on the microphone.

But she was not even vexed about it and just continued with her T-Swift song.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you
been here all along, so why can't you see?
You belong with me

 

That snakes hand went to her back then her legs. And I had enough for tonight. I trailed among the crowd and went up the stage.

"Hands off bastard." I hissed.

"Who do you think you are?" he hissed back.

I glared at him and grab his collar." EXO-K Kai-imnida. Her best friend."

The snake smirks and raised a fist to hit me but Tao was fast that he had him on the stage floor in split of seconds.

"Was that fast hyung?"He asks smiling I smiled back. "Dae."

He then steps on that poor drunkard as I took her in my arms. She still has the microphone and was singing.

Ugh.

Can't you see that I'm the one who understands you?
Been here all along, so why can't you see?
You belong with me

Tears mist her eyes as she sing that  lyrics.

"Jongin..can you?"

The boys were looking at us and I can't help but curse. I hate watching her cry and knowing that these tears were my doing intensify the pain.

"Of course you can't...

Standing by and waiting at your back door
all this time, how could you not know?
Baby, you belong with me, you belong with me

You belong with me
 

I laid her on Suho's couch. The boys were all gone by that time. Chen went to buy some wet tissues; Sehun went to his boutique to get her clothes. Tao went with DO to fetch her sister.

Have you ever thought just maybe
 

I was left to hold her hands as her body shakes while crying.

You belong with me?
 

Her voice trails as she slowly close her eyes. I wipe her tears with the back of my hand.

You belong with me

Jongin.....

That part almost came like a hoarse whisper but I was able to get it.

-

-

-

-

I took her home when she was already fixed. The boys said their farewells but before I get to drive the car away Chanyeol knocked on my windows.

"Let's talk." So I followed her on the corner.

"Do you or do you not?" I was confused by his questions. "I mean do you like her or do you not?"

I had my mouth open. "Why are you asking me this?"

Chanyeol sighed and eyed the sleeping woman on my car. "Why I ask? Well I kind of like her. And I hate it when she's almost always come down to tears when you are near with somebody else."

His words echoed in my ears. For a short while I just stared at the empty space. Trying to sort things out.

"Kai? "

I rub two fingers on my jaw. Thinking deeply when,

"Silence means yes. Thank you. From now on I won't be holding back."

What did he---

Before I get my mouth to open he was already skidding on his car.

When I get to my own car again, I caught myself staring at her. Her lashes were incredibly beautiful, her lips were partly open, and a tear escaped her already close lids. Without even thinking I wipe it with the back of my hand.

I was not planning to linger but when my hands touches her face, it found its way to tuck her strayed her on her ears.

-

-

-

-

-

The next Tuesday I was surprised to open the doors and found Park Chanyeol in tux.

"Weayo?"

He give me a smile and asks," Was she ready?"

"Huh?"

"Jongin I won't be back for dinner," I heard her voice on the stairs. "Oh you are here already?"

Chanyeol smiled at her and she smiled back sweetly. I made a pft sound and the staring broke.

"He asks you out? And you did not tell me?" I ask a little bit angry for only god knows the reason why.

She made her pft sound and shrug.

"Stay here." I told Chanyeol then pulled her to the kitchen.

"I thought we should keep no secrets from each other?" I started.

"I am not keeping secrets. It just doesn't come to me to tell you about it."

"What?" I almost yelled. "It did not come to you to tell me about this? This is a serious matter, what if something happens to you?"

"You know the guy and if he's not a good man he won't be your friend. So there's nothing to worry about. I can actually handle myself."

"It's not about how you could handle about yourself...

"Arasseo but will you cut the crap? I don't intervene with your dates so now don't intervene with mine." I was shocked to see the anger that flared her eyes. The look of pain and deserted.

" I..

"I got to go Jongin. Just please don't skip diner." She kiss my cheeks like she always does but it was the first time my heart race at the aftermath.

-

-

-

-

 I don't have plans to get myself a woman but I felt like wanting to go on a date.

" Hyung do you know where does Chanyeol usually dine?" I was fidgeting on my seats as I called Kris hyung.

After a while Kris hyung give a name and asks, "Wae?"

"She took my Jagi out."

"Oh, he was really persistent."

I puckered my brows and remain silent. "I can tell you don't like it Kai."

"Not that I don't like it, I was just worried."

"Well don't. I know Chanyeol was sometimes crazy but I can tell he was serious about your girl."

"But...Yeah I can see it too. Thanks hyung."

"Anytime."

I clenched my fist. Why I am feeling this?

I dialed Oh Ha Young's number.

"Oh, Kai! I thought you are not going to call at all." Comes here very ecstatic voice.

"Mianhe. Are you busy today?"  I don't know if I am doing the right things but God knows I wanted to follow those two and finding a date will be an excuse.

"Anyo. Wae? Your asking me out?"

"Dae. If you'd like."

I heard her giggle on the phone before answering a loud yes.

"Okay then I'll pick you up."

-

-

-

-

-

-

When we arrive at the restaurant was Chanyeol brought my best friend I pretended I don't see them and choose a table far from them.

"Wow. The place was so romantic.." Oh Ha Young exclaim.

I smiled then glance at the two. I can feel Jagi's looking at us so I put my hands on my date.

"It's because I only bring my dates on romantic places." I whispered in her ears. I think I saw Jagi's hurt face before she stood and went to the powder room.

"Well I am so lucky."

"Of course you are!" That was Chanyeol's voice.

"Hyung.  I did not think I would be seeing you here. Where's my Jagi?"I know I at acting but I still tried.

"You changed your mind, don't you?" I was caught off guard by his intense question." I mean your answer on my questions several nights ago."

I clenched my fist because the matter is I have not answered him.

"I didn't."

"Well what was this? Are you that afraid that I might end up playing with your best friend so you followed us?" He asked angry.

"Anyo. I don't really care at all about her affairs.  I came here because I just want to have a date in such romantic place." I said not noticing her.

"I told you. It's no coincidence." I was surprised to see her closing at us. Her face was devoid of emotion, her eyes were blank as paper.

"Hi!" She said to my date. The woman stood and hi back.

"I am this best friend. My name is...

I eyed her intently. I notice the passing of pain her eyes and I felt so guilty. I shouldn't have come in here.

"Well. I think we have to go first," She said holding unto Chanyeol's arms. I felt my heart lump on my throat.

"See you later Jongin. Bye Miss Young..

I followed them with my eyes until they are gone. I almost lost my appetite. I hate the situation.

I hate what i am feeling.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Four days. I have not gone home for four days yet she never did really call. If it was me I would have search the whole town for her. But she's not someone who'd do that.

I know she loves me but she never made a single move to tell me. She just holds unto her feelings.

I get to meet her in school but she did not even ask me where I stay or how I've been doing. She did not even bother to say hi to me. And that's what makes things so hard for me for days.

I was dying worried for hr but she appeared not to care.

"Kai I think you got to go home." Kyungsoo yelled outside the room I occupied in his house.

I opened the doors and meet the others looking worried.

"Waeyo? I ask nervously.

"It's her." Chanyeol said.

My heart almost lurched in my chest. "W-what happened to her??"

"She called me." Chen started. "She sounds sick."

I did not even bother to ask him more. I dashed to the doors and run. My fingers were all shaking when I opened my car. I step on the accelerator and skid away.

In my mind I kept praying. In my heart I kept hoping that nothing bad happen to him.

I arrive at our home in almost half an hour.
I hurriedly run and check for her. She was on the sofa. I stopped breathing when I got a clear look at her. She look...

"Jagi!" I went trembling and pulled her to me.

"Jagi!" Tears stream down my face as fear creep into my heart. "Jagi, no...

I put my ears on her heart. I can her rumbling sound but I think that came from my thudding heart. "Jagi please breath...

I put my ears back on her chest, and then I heard it, the faint sound of life.

I was surprised that when I stare at her face she was awake.

"What are you doing?" she asks confused.

"You.." I can't almost finish my sentence. I pulled her close to me and cry.

"Jongin..

"You made me scared. I almost thought I would be losing you..

"Huh?"

Now I understand what Suho hyung said. About my feelings and hers.  So this is why I am always comparing my dates with her. Why I got nervous when she went out with Chanyeol. And why I am crying when I thought something might happen to her.

I had been in love with her for so long but failed to see it myself.

"Jongin! What the hell is happening to you!" she tried to push me away but I stop her. "No."

"Jongin, I don't know what got into you but you are creeping me out."  

I pulled back and look at her straight in the eyes. After a moment she looked away. "W-what?"

I cupped her cheeks and made her look at me. "I LOVE YOU."

She went cold and still. I smiled. "I love you JAGI..

 She was still as blank as paper. "Ya! If you won't say a thing I'd kiss you ten times."

 She was just still looking past me. " Hana..

"Dul..

" I love you too!"

A smile tease my lips. She blinks her tears away but still it run on her cheeks.

I wipe it with back of my hand and lean to kiss her.

" Ya!  What are you doing I answered you!" She said blushing.

I smiled and pulled her closer to me. "Even so I still want to ki-----

" Jongin we are just----------

Chen's voice died on his lips when he saw us sprawling on the floor.

" Mianata.." he smiled awkwardly.

"Chen did you..oh.." Kyungsoo hyung smiled when he saw us.

Suho hyung too smiled when he peek through the doors and find us still on the floor hugging.

"See?" he said. I nod and mouth," go away."

They seem to read the atmosphere and leave.

I can tell Jagi's face warming on my neck. "Hey!

"Don't talk to me." She said.

"Araso. I'll kiss you then," I held her face too gently and place a soft peck on her lips.

 

He body quakes." Wae?" I asks."

"You really love me?"

I look straight into her eyes, they were not lifeless anymore." Dae. "

She smiled and hugs me. "I thought this day won't come."

I seem to feel now how she'd been through. The waiting, the longing and pain.  I was too close to her but failed to see her through.

" I am sorry Jagi...

"For what?"

"For taking so long to realize...

"Realize?"

"That I belong to you..

I kiss her lips again. This time I take it slow and long. I want her to feel my utmost love for her. The love that seemed so blind before.

 But it had seen now what he missed.

The fact that he failed to see.

The truth for so long he denied.

And even if my breathe stops, right now it’s so peaceful that I like it.

Because she's here by my side and she belongs to me. Only to me.