Chapter Four

Under The Same Sky

 

Sarangbi Café

Kyungsoo finished cooking the last order of bibimbap. Suho served it to the handsome customer seated by the window. Kyungsoo washed his hands and headed out the door after a busy day at work.

“Annyeong, Suho!” he called to his co-worker.

“Annyeong, Kyungsoo-ah,” he replied with a smile.

The handsome man looked up as he heard the name, but Kyungsoo was gone with the jingle of the entrance bell.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol’s Office

Chanyeol sat in his office as time ticked by. It was now about 11 o’ clock at night. He turned off his phone and tried to concentrate on his work. He sat in frustration and confusion.

Earlier that Day at Park Medical Hospital

“What are we going to do?”

“Don’t worry, omma-nim. I’ll be fine,” Chanyeol said. He actually wasn’t sure if he would be. It was just to soothe his mom.

“The doctor said this is very serious. If you aren’t treated soon, you might even…” Mrs. Park sobbed.

Chanyeol turned to the doctor. “Are there no blood donors available?” he asked.

“Your blood type is very rare. There aren’t any possible donors on our lists,” the doctor said.

“Chanyeol, please leave the room,” Mrs. Park suddenly commanded.

“Why…?” Chanyeol asked his mother.

“Just do it,” she said firmly. Chanyeol obeyed his mother and left the room, confused. Mrs. Park turned to Mr. Park.

“No,” he firmly answered.

“She’s our only hope.”

“I had enough of your selfishness the first time.”

“My son - OUR son, could die. Selfishness is not the predicament,” Mrs. Park said.

“How will you even find her?” questioned Mr. Park.

“You said it yourself. They may be separated, but they will always be under the same sky.”

Chanyeol detached his ear from the door.

           

Hours had passed and Chanyeol still had no idea what his parents had been talking about. They will always be under the same sky… what could it mean?