Chapter One

Under The Same Sky

A petite brunette was strolling through Unmyeong Park. Vivid colors were bursting off of the autumn trees. Suddenly, a man caught her wrist and spun her around. The girl was met with a familiar pair of smiling eyes. She returned the smile.

“Annyeong, Haneul!” the boy greeted.

“Annyeong, Kyungsoo,” Haneul replied.

“Taking the bus to class?”

“Actually-“

A sleek, black Mercedes Benz rolled up to the curb beside the two. Kyungsoo’s already large owl eyes got even bigger as he stared at the man that got out of the magnificent car.

The man caught Haneul’s wrist and spun her around. She was met with another familiar pair of smiling eyes. She returned the smile.

“Ready, Haneul?” the dapper man asked. He was outfitted in suit and tie, with glossy shoes and a dazzling Rolex.

“Chanyeol was going to drive me,” Haneul finished. Kyungsoo stared at the classy man before him with a defeated expression.

“Want a lift?” Chanyeol offered.

“Huh? Oh, I’m fine,” Kyungsoo managed to reply.

“Are you sure? It’s no trouble,” Haneul added.

“I’m fine,” Kyungsoo said with a fake smile.

“All right, see you class Kyungsoo!” Haneul left, arm in arm with her boyfriend.

Kyungsoo sighed as he saw the lovely couple speed off. He walked to the public bus stop. On the bus, a flood of thoughts ran through his mind. Chanyeol had it all: good looks, money, high social status, natural intelligence, nice clothes, a dazzling car, expensive electronics… and most importantly, Haneul.