Chapter Two

Under The Same Sky

Your Point of View

“See you later, Yeol!” I called as I got out of the car.

“Bye, Haneul,” Chanyeol called to me.

I stepped out of the car and headed to class.

 

“Wait up, Haneul!”

I turned around and Kyungsoo was getting off of his bus. I waited for him to catch up to me.

“I don’t see why you don’t just ride with me and Chanyeol.”

“I don’t want to be a burden. Besides, you two would be busy being all lovey-dovey,” he replied with a look of disgust. I rolled my eyes.

Kyungsoo has always been childish. Still, he’s a sweet guy. He’s been my best friend ever since we were kids. He’s been with me through thick and thin. Kyungsoo has always been protective of me. It took him a while to get used to Chanyeol.

 

We arrived in our poetry class. Kyungsoo and I are both Linguistics majors. As always, Kyungsoo diligently took notes in his workbook. He’s very studious; he received full scholarship to our school.

Every day, Kyungsoo gets out a black journal and scribbles something down in there, and always uses the same pen. He’s been doing this for years. One time when we were younger, I asked him about it. He never really answered. I guess some matters are just private.

 

 

Kyungsoo’s POV

 

I can only express my feelings through writing. I can barely handle being in the same class with you. Don't you see? It’s so hard to focus when I’m too distracted by your beauty. But if not now, when can I see you? You’re always with him.