04

Tainted Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Seohyun-sshi, have you had any idea what happened to your loved one?" I casually asked as I was pressing my fingers on the piano keys, trying to think of a certain song.

"I think he's with another girl now." She simply stated as I was caught guilty by her calm tone. Seohyun would have still been together with that guy she called Kris, if only I haven't meddled with her life. If not for my selfishness.

She deserved nothing like this, and yet I was the very reason for her distress.

I was so selfish back then, and probably still am.

"Don't think you're at fault now." I felt her smile through her words, but she was always too kind to admit her worries. She was that kind of girl. Sweet and very loveable.

"You know what? Let's just unwind for a bit. Choose a song, I'll play and you'll sing."
I smiled and nodded, my mind already made up.

I took a deep breath, closing my eyes as I sang the first part.

 

I'm so tired of being here

Suppressed by all my childish fears

 

I started, and I concluded that she was now a bit taken aback by my choice, for she remained silent, but ended up guiding the keys in my hand, the instrument softly accompanying me now.

 

And if you have to leave

I wish that you would just leave
Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone

 

I sang the words, extracting all the emotions I've barely showed, as the breeze suddenly brushed in, gently touching my bare shoulders, another figure of him displayed in my mind.

 

These wounds won't seem to heal

This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

 

I imagined him guiding me to the shore as the sunset was evidently alluring, the sun rays doing little to affect us with its warmth, and me, resting my head on his shoulder as he would gently squeeze my tiny hand in his big and comfortable one.

He would brush it with his thumb, whispering sweet nothings to my ear, as I would smile and say nothing.

 

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears

When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter