02

Tainted Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her eyes were closed, long eyelashes dipped in dark mascara, her pink plump lips pushed against each other in a thin line, as her head was resting on my lap, my hand gently her long wavy hair as I stare at her small frame in front of me, like a mother would watch her child.

This was the girl who would sleep like an angel, and then wake up to be the stubborn one I know.

At least, that makes two of us.

I eyed the clock that was perched at the center of the dark wall, informing me that it was now past four in the afternoon, an hour and a half since she dozed off.

A sleeper she is, making my back now rigid from the long statue-like act.

I didn't really mind. Having her before my eyes was all I could ask for. Cheesy as it may sound.

 

Eventually, I felt her stir, her eyes now focused on me, as she repositioned herself on the couch, gently rubbing her eyes as a streak of mascara appeared on her knuckles.

I fought back a chuckle.

"Now you're a mess." I smiled, wiping it off with my handkerchief.

"Ah, thank you." She unconsciously said as she looked around, around the room she considered home.

"Now that you've mentioned it, this place doesn't seem to be far."
She looked so innocent while saying that, making me chuckle, ruffling up her hair.

Before she could protest, I spoke.

"Yeah, that's right. How about we tidy things up first? I'll help, don't worry."

I stood up, helping her u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter