Chapter 9

'Real' Relationships (DISCONTINUED)

(WARNING: DRUG USE)


Another two weeks had passed, and although Jongin counted their last conversation a massive accomplishment considering they managed to even kiss – Kyungsoo had yet to try and contact him ever since, and it was making him go crazy. No longer on his mind were school grades or his friends, it was all Kyungsoo. Because he had to find a way to help him in the quickest time possible because who knows what could happen if he was left like this.

He’d turn into Sehun who lived in a faraway place who hardly got any visitors. That was something he didn’t think he’d be able to live with. Jongin needed to do something – which was why he spent every night at home on his computer, trying to find a solution to his problem.

And every single night he’d come to a conclusion that it wasn’t possible.

And every single night, he’d wallow in self-pity because he couldn’t even help the one he loved. But even Jongin had to admit that, having Chanyeol trying to do the same thing was a bit of a help.

Just knowing he wasn’t the only one trying to help Kyungsoo made him feel better.

Which was why he had taken the time to call Chanyeol and ask him to accompany him to the boy’s home, hoping that he would let them in. Both of them were shuffling nervously beside each other on Kyungsoo’s front door step. Finally, Jongin used his fist to knock on the door, waiting impatiently to get an answer.

When he did, it wasn’t who he was expecting.

“Oh!” Lu Han grinned, looking at the boys in front of him. “Jongin, wasn’t it?” He said, making the other nod in reply.

Chanyeol was just staring at them both. That is until Lu Han finally introduced himself.

“I’m Lu Han, Kyungsoo’s neighbour, Chanyeol right?” Once he had said the other name, Chanyeol stared at him with a confused expression. “Kyungsoo had told me about you, don’t worry, I’m not a creepy guy.”

Both Chanyeol and Jongin stared at each other and frowned.

But Lu Han just continued to look chipper.

Then he said something that really bothered Jongin inside.

“I’ll go and ask Kyungsoo if you can come in, be just a second.” With a grin, he turned and shut the door.

Jongin’s eyes widened as he took a step back in surprise. Turning to Chanyeol, the other seemed just as surprised as he was that the neighbour that Kyungsoo had only just met was allowed in and they weren’t. That was hurtful. Suddenly the door was opened again, and Lu Han was smiling at them.

“Come on in.”

They followed Lu Han into the house – it looked all the same – but when they saw Kyungsoo sitting on the couch they were surprised.

He looked fine, he looked actually happy. The boy seemed as if he had no problems.

Jongin moved passed Lu Han, deciding to just ignore him for the moment, and sat beside his boyfriend who was gleaming. Smiling back, he moved his hand to the other’s and held it tightly.

It felt good to be doing this again. Especially with Kyungsoo staring at him in ease.

“You seem a lot better.” Jongin whispered, rubbing the older boy’s hand with his thumb.

“I feel a lot better. Thanks for coming.” Kyungsoo smiled.

“Um, that’s so good but…” Jongin shuffled on his seat. “Why haven’t you called me if you’ve been feeling a lot better?” The boy was anxious to know.

Kyungsoo let out a small sigh. Then he replied.

“Sorry, I just needed to make sure that I actually did feel better before you came around – I didn’t want to make you sad.” Kyungsoo whispered, his head falling a little but a smile appeared when he felt Jongin catch his wrist. He looked up, flinching only slightly when Jongin’s face appeared directly in front of him. The younger placed his fingers underneath Kyungsoo’s chin but waited for a moment.

Just to be close to him like this again, without that dreadful feeling filling his own heart, was bliss.

As moments passed, the other two in the room were simply staring in awe.

They really looked like they loved each other.

Lu Han moved over to Chanyeol – who was placed on the other couch – and smiled as he sat beside him. The taller boy stared at the stranger who was a little too close. But then he began to wonder something.

“What do you know about Kyungsoo?” He asked, feeling that the way Lu Han asked Kyungsoo if they were allowed in meant that Lu Han indeed knew about the empath.

“Well… probably the same as you.” The boy whispered with a smile.

“So you know about the whole…”

“…Empath thing? Yes.”

Chanyeol sighed and nodded, wondering how Kyungsoo was able to trust such a stranger with his biggest secret. And he wondered how Jongin was going to feel about that – after he had finished kissing Kyungsoo.

Both of the boys separated and smiled at each other. The air between them was intense but happy.

Jongin let out a deep breath.

“What has gotten you better all of a sudden?” He asked, knowing that the progress was a great thing but it was entirely unexpected. Something like this was suspicious at the least. When he got no answer from the other except a smile, he sighed. “Can you please tell me? I need to know who to thank.”

Kyungsoo let out a small sigh and pointed at someone else in the room all of a sudden.

Looking up, Jongin saw that it was Lu Han his boyfriend had pointed to.

“Lu Han?” He asked, and Kyungsoo nodded. “What have you done?” His attention was now on the slight stranger in the room. Lu Han smiled and spoke up almost instantly with a grin on his face, a confident and accomplished grin.

“Well, people do say chocolate is a cure for the soul.” As he said that, both Jongin and Chanyeol tried to resist the feeling to roll their eyes.

But Kyungsoo chuckled.

And it was infuriating.

“Right so you’re saying chocolate cured his empathy?”

“Of course not, that’s stupid.” Lu Han said, chuckling to himself until he stood up and moved over to a tray on the table. On it, was brownies, just like last time. “I mean that, I don’t really have bad thoughts, for someone like me to be around Kyungsoo, well, it’s self-explanatory really.” Passing one to Kyungsoo who happily took it, he turned to Jongin and smiled. “Do you want one?”

“No, thank you.” Jongin sighed, placing his hand in Kyungsoo’s and squeezing it tightly.

Something about Lu Han’s speech made him feel a little uneasy.

Or maybe he was just a little jealous.

“So… how are you feeling just now?” The boy wondered, staring at his boyfriend who seemed as happy as ever.

“Great, actually. I feel great.” Kyungsoo explained happily.

“Are those… your own feelings?” He asked, knowing that if it wasn’t then that really wasn’t a cure and just simply happiness from someone else.

“…I think so.”

“…How about we test that?” Jongin announced, standing up all of a sudden and grabbing Kyungsoo up as well. “Well?” Kyungsoo was more than startled when he was suddenly on his legs listening to Kai talking about moving out of his home.

But the boy’s face had suddenly paled at the sound of leaving it, and he began to shake just a little.

Lu Han immediately rushed over to the boy’s side and grabbed his arm, sitting him down on the couch and whispering soft words into his ear. On the other end, Jongin and Chanyeol were instantly worried when they saw what looked like the fragile boy having a panic attack.

And Kyungsoo was running to Lu Han first.

Jongin took a few steps backwards, knowing that it would probably be better for Kyungsoo to have as much fresh air as possible. And the fact that him starting a fight with Lu Han wouldn’t fix anything at all.

“Are you alright now? Just breathe slowly.” The oldest one there whispered, Kyungsoo’s back to help him calm down.

“I-I’m fine, really.” His voice was soft. “Just got a little light-headed just now.”

Silence filled the room until Jongin spoke again.

“Can we go Kyungsoo?” He asked, holding out his hand for the other and waiting for Kyungsoo to reply back to him. But he stayed silent. He wasn’t even trying to make eye contact at all, just staring at the floor with his hands deep in Lu Han’s, holding ono him tightly. “Kyungsoo?”

Finally, the older boy looked up at him and sighed with a shake of his head. All of this hard work on his feelings were now gone because of Jongin.

“I want to stay, sorry.” He lowered his head.

“Okay… I’ll stay with you.” Jongin smiled, folding his arms across his chest and waiting for a reply.

And he got one.

Just not from the person he wanted it from. Lu Han sighed and stood up, staring at the other and smiled a little sadly.

“Sorry Jongin, he really should just relax just now. I’ll take care of him.”

Now that sentence, just made Jongin almost stomp out in rage. But he didn’t want to leave at all, especially when he had just got here. He looked over at Chanyeol who was staring at Lu Han in the exact same expression as Jongin was.

Jongin took a deep breath and stared at Lu Han, paying no mind to Kyungsoo at the moment, just Lu Han.

“Why? I’m the one that should be here for him.” Jongin stated proudly.

“But he’s been feeling much better with myself around, and I’m sure that your hostility – although misplaced – isn’t making Kyungsoo feel better.” Lu Han placed his hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulder, squeezing it comfortable as he stared at Jongin with a soft expression.

But that just made Jongin angrier. Yet, he couldn’t deny that the other was right about his feelings.

They weren’t making Kyungsoo feel better at all.

Doing his best to calm down, he turned to Kyungsoo and cleared his throat. Finally, the boy turned to him with a sad smile and waited for him to speak. Jongin smiled as best as he could and spoke softly.

“Can I at least say goodbye to you in private?” He asked, letting his hands move to his side.

Kyungsoo smiled and nodded, standing up and leading Jongin into another room.

Once they were alone, both of them seemed to take the same sigh of relief in unison, relating in a small period of laughter. However, Jongin knew the other was only doing it because he did. Which meant that the empathy wasn’t degrading. Lu Han was just a happy person which pissed Jongin off.

It was awkward, both of them had to admit it. They didn’t want to admit it, but they had to. And Jongin was very quickly blaming it on Lu Han’s last speech.

But he moved forward, pressing his hands on Kyungsoo’s shoulders and smiling.

“I hope you get better.” He whispered, caressing the boy’s skin. “But really, I spend every night and every day looking for a way to cure you. And I’m going to keep doing that.”

Jongin was serious. He wouldn’t rest until Kyungsoo’s complete life was fine like the way it should be.

The look in Kyungsoo’s eyes were pretty emotional.

Leaning forward, the older pressed his lips against Jongin’s and softly kissed him, the younger leaving no time in kissing Kyungsoo back. Both of their eyes were closed and Jongin could feel all of the other’s heart poured into the intimate kiss. When Jongin moved back, he wiped the other’s cheek lovingly before sighing.

“I guess… I’ll leave you to Lu Han.” His voice alone could show everyone that he was angry about it. But he’d pass it.

“Thank you Jongin.” Kyungsoo smiled.

Both of them moved into the living room, looking at the way Chanyeol was avoiding standing beside Lu Han as they stood at either side of the room.

When Lu Han saw Kyungsoo, he ran forward and pressed his hand on his hair.

“Is everything alright?”

Did he think Jongin was going to do something to Kyungsoo? Jongin let out a little growl before he turned to Chanyeol and nodded to him. It was time to leave. Otherwise, Jongin was going to start punching someone.

When they were walked to the door, both of the boys stared at Kyungsoo but kept clean expressions on.

“Goodbye Soo.” Chanyeol said his first couple of words to the boy and smiled, waving as he walked away. Jongin said the same thing and caught up with the boy, sighing as he watched Kyungsoo move back into the home. When they were walking side by side, Chanyeol spoke softly. “Well… that whole situation has gone completely wrong.”

“Tell me about it.” Jongin shoved his hands into his pockets, sighing.

“What are we going to do?”

“…Help Kyungsoo.”

There was no point in trying to separate Kyungsoo and Lu Han, because that wasn’t going to help the empath. No, they had to continue what they were doing.

And if, whilst they were doing it, Lu Han was able to calm Kyungsoo, then they would take it. Because, it’s all about Kyungsoo. Not about Jongin or Chanyeol’s petty jealousy at the moment. That would come after Kyungsoo was cured. Definitely after. Jongin wasn’t going to forget about this but right now he had some priorities. His boyfriend was the first.

Getting that happy-go-lucky boy was the second.

Kyungsoo let out a small deep breath when he sat back on the couch and smiled as Lu Han joined him. When the other two had left, he felt like he could breathe again. And it was all thanks to Lu Han.

The older chuckled and moved closer to the empath.

“Are you alright now Kyunggie?” He asked, grinning.

“Yeah, it’s just, it takes a lot to act like that, you know?” Kyungsoo whispered, sighing as he thought back to the way he had to act around his boyfriend. But whenever he felt bad, he’d think about Lu Han. “…I think I need a little pick me up.” As those words left his mouth, Lu Han grinned.

The older moved up from the couch instantly, running towards his bag and pulling something out.

As he sat on the edge of the couch again, he turned to the other.

“You sure?” he asked, smirking.

“You always ask me that.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. Lu Han chuckled and lay what he had in his hands on the table, shrugging his shoulders before turning to the other and explaining his actions.

Besides, it was all for Kyungsoo’s safety.

“Just in case you think I’m pushing you.” He whispered, fixing the stuff on the table. “And you never know, getting asked twice might push you to say no.”

“Yeah thanks, but I’m pretty sure.”

“Fine, let’s do this.”

Both of the two boys moved as far to the table as they could, smirking at each other before moving their heads and hands down towards the table. After a couple of seconds, they sat up straight, sniffing loudly before chuckling. Kyungsoo turned to Lu Han and wiped his own nose.

Lu Han did the same but simply sat silently and smiled. He was waiting for Kyungsoo to start speaking first.

“Thank you for taking the pain away Lu Han.”

“You’re welcome baby.”

As the seconds passed – and it felt like they passed really slowly – Kyungsoo could feel one particular emotion rise up in him. It was always Lu Han’s emotions as it was never his own.

And he never fought it. Because under the influence of the drug, he just wanted someone to comfort him.

Comfort came in many ways.

The eldest one moved over to the younger, smiling as he did before pressing his lips against Kyungsoo’s neck. His pink lips were leaving butterfly kisses all over him as Kyungsoo just lay and delved in the pleasure.

He couldn’t feel anyone else’s emotions in this state.

Drugged up. Getting felt up. All of it maximised everything else out. Even if he felt extremely horrible when Jongin showed up earlier – and with that whole speech about finding a cure, he just wanted it to be over as quickly as ever. A small moan left his mouth as he felt Lu Han’s hot tongue slip over his heated skin.

As soon as Jongin had mentioned the addictive personality of an empath, Kyungsoo just had to try it out. And he could only as Lu Han.

Talk about an awkward conversation.

But Lu Han understood – very well. There was no further questions asked between them all, especially when Kyungsoo explained his condition, and the drug addiction began.

Kyungsoo never went overboard with the drugs – just enough to feel happy.

And with Lu Han’s help, he became joyful as ever.

That’s all he needed just now.

Fingers caressed a single picture in a frame whilst a crystal tear fell onto the glass surface, sliding down slowly as a small sob was heard. Sehun sat back on his chair, looking down at the picture of the person that had ruined his life. And the sad thing was that they were only together for a mere two months.

But love is funny like that, isn’t it? A small chuckle left his mouth as he placed the frame down on the table with a sigh.

Two months was all it took for someone to ruin him.

It was around the time he became an empath actually, the power had risen pretty quickly inside of him and after a mere couple of weeks he was feeling what others were when they were miles away. He had to get away.

However, he then met someone who told him right away that they knew what he was.

He had dealt with empaths before.

Which was something that surprised him the most. So Sehun decided to listen to him quickly, and that’s when he found out about a way to stop the feelings.

To stop the feelings from filling him.

To stop them from killing him.

As Sehun put the end of the cigarette to his mouth and took a puff, he stared at the long stick of nicotine and pursed his lips. These things. He hated them. But every time he tried to stop the feelings got more intense.

The boy he met got him addicted. And as soon as Sehun wanted more than just a packet of cigarettes to ease the pain, he left.

Said he had done all he could.

Sehun picked up his phone and moved down to one of the only two contacts he had on there.

‘Lu Han’


A/N: Well hello there. It's been a while (3-4 months, yikes). Hope you enjoy this chapter! To be honest, I'm not sure how long this story will go on for, I'm a little stuck on ideas but as soon as I get some I'll update again yeah? <3