Chapter 5

'Real' Relationships (DISCONTINUED)

The only exciting thing that happened in Kyungsoo’s life after that – especially since he decided that it was much better to keep to himself – was that straight after he and Jongin had that dreadful talk, the boy done something that made him feel slightly happy inside even though his world had just been ripped apart.

Jongin had immediately returned to the cafeteria where his friends waited for him – and one guest that he didn’t particularly want to see at that moment. He moved up to his small ex-friend and glared at him.

“Baekhyun.” He spoke with a dark tone. The other stopped talking to the other’s at the table and turned to Kai with a smile.

“Hey Jongin!” Oh, he sounded way too cheerful for his own sake. The younger boy moved a little bit closer to the boy and spoke again, his tone not changing and his eyes not going any brighter.

“Stand up.” He ordered.

Baekhyun did as he was told. He didn’t see any danger on doing what the other was asking him to do.

And he didn’t see anything wrong with the way Kai was looking at him.

When he did do what he was told, Kai immediately raised his arm up high and pushed his hand – which was curled into a fist – right against Baekhyun’s eye. The boy flew backwards, hitting against the table before finally landing on the floor. It’s safe to say everyone was now looking at them.

Baekhyun couldn’t believe what had just happened as he held one of his hands up to his now extremely painful eye.

He just looked up at Kai with astonishment on his face.

“I can’t believe you think you can talk to me like that anymore.” Jongin said, leaning down and glaring at the boy gaping. “You tricked Kyungsoo. You started it. You ruined my relationship.”

Baekhyun still kept his mouth shut. It looked like the other was about to crack.

“Don’t talk to me. Don’t come near me. Don’t do anything around me.” Jongin stood back up straight and turned around to leave the cafeteria.

Kyungsoo was actually at the door to the large hall when he saw it happen, but his heart was extremely hurt from the last sentence. Their relationship was ruined and there was nothing he could do about it. Kai was right. There was no way to know how he really felt, no matter how much Kyungsoo tried to prove his own feelings. And that was just the way things were.

The curtains were closed and the boy was simply lying on his bed with an arm over his eyes to shield him from his surroundings. Luckily, right after his life torment there was a rather long holiday lasting two weeks, giving him an excuse to distance himself from the rest of the world. And it had worked. Besides, he talked to two people and since one of them was bent on ignoring him he only had to deal with Chanyeol.

And that wasn’t an easy task but he just told him that he needed space. That way Chanyeol would feel obligated not to bother him every day. He was glad he had him, but life was much better without having to think about anyone else other than himself.

Even his parents were out of town.

Which meant there was no one around to bother him for a whole two weeks. That’s fourteen days were he could forget about everything that happened to him.

Forget about Jongin.

Forget about Baekhyun.

Forget about Chanyeol.

And just revert back to his old self where everything was so easy.

Soon enough he found himself alone in the house, sitting on the couch and watching rubbish on the television. What he wasn’t expecting was for someone to be knocking on the front door and bothering his silence.

Kyungsoo debated whether to open it or not. However, when the knocking didn’t cease he felt he had to. And shout at however it was.

When he opened it, he was surprised who was standing in front of him.

With large boxes in his hand.

“Chanyeol? What are you doing?” he asked, looking rather confused at the other’s sudden presence. The tall blonde boy grinned at him before he moved into the house without invitation, before turning around.

Holding the box out in front of him, he waited for the other to take it.

Kyungsoo did and looked inside. But all he saw was boxes and containers of Chinese foods, and some drinks.

“What is this?” He asked.

“Well, I know that you didn’t want me to come but… I know you’re having a bad time right now, and even though you don’t think you want me here. I’m going to help you get through it. And you can’t turn me away.” Chanyeol pointed to the box that the other was holding. “If I go, that goes with me.” There was silence between them before Kyungsoo turned around and carefully shut his front door. And Chanyeol was more than happy that he was being allowed to stay.

Soon enough they were sitting in the kitchen with plates of food in front of them, Chanyeol telling him a story about something that had happened with his parents a couple of weeks ago.

Kyungsoo was just listening intently.

There was nothing much to say anyway. Until Chanyeol asked him the dreaded question that is, and he wasn’t even sure the taller would go there.

Chanyeol finished his plate before he moved to pour the two of them drinks.

“So, can I ask what happened between you and Jongin?” He asked, taking out some glasses. The reason he wasn’t looking at Kyungsoo was because he didn’t want the other to feel pressurised into answering, he wasn’t there to pry.

But he was most definitely curious. When there was no answer, he turned around and stared at the other.

Kyungsoo seemed to be thinking about answering.

“Okay, I’ll tell you.” Kyungsoo knew that there was no way he was going to get Chanyeol to leave him alone. In a way, he was really glad that he had found such a clingy friend. Maybe Chanyeol would be more open to his power. Perhaps a friend would do him good. “But you might have to sit down first.”

The taller boy nodded as he finished pouring the drinks and brought them over to his friend. He sat down and waited for the other to talk.

He was not going to push him either.

Kyungsoo took a small breath before he began explaining the weirdness that came with having a relationship with him. Tapping his fingers against the desk, he let out the crazy story.

“Well, my relationship with Jongin began rather differently to normal ones…”

The story went on and on.

Chanyeol’s facial expressions during the entire speech was rather miraculous and would’ve given a lot of people enjoyment. The tall boy didn’t say a single word however – most likely just letting the information sank in – only little squeaks when something particular came up that was the most surprising.

Like his power he was born with, for example. There was a slight pause after he finished his story – right up to Jongin punching Baekhyun – before Chanyeol decided to react.

But it was nothing he was expecting.

The taller one had a grin on his face as he moved his chair closer to the other. Then he spoke.

“With just one touch?” He asked, lifting a finger to the other. When he gained a nod, he placed a finger on Kyungsoo’s smooth skin. “What am I feeling now?” He asked, curiosity filling his eyes.

The younger stared at Chanyeol before he felt the other’s feelings inside.

It was a mix really.

There was fascination, enlightenment, relief and excitement.

“Why are you relieved?” He wondered, moving his hand on top of Chanyeol’s to get a better viewpoint. The other looked at him confused before he moved his hand away.

“Oh, it’s just…” Apparently Chanyeol forgot the cons of having someone feel everything that you did. Maybe that was something he didn’t particularly want to happen a lot of the time. “I’m glad that you didn’t cheat on your boyfriend.” He said, smiling.

Kyungsoo nodded and placed his hands on his lap. Looking up at the other he waited for perhaps another reaction.

“…Wanna play a video game?”

Oh yes, Kyungsoo was really happy the other was there for him.

Chanyeol was basically living at Kyungsoo’s house, there was no way he could be called a house guest anymore. The boy wanted to make sure that Kyungsoo wasn’t alone for a second, otherwise he’d go into the depressive state where he didn’t think there was a place for friends. But that wasn’t the truth. He did have a friend – a rather annoying one, sure.

The tall boy was finally forcing Kyungsoo to get out of the house and go with him to get some decent coffee. After a struggle, the boy finally said yes.

Kyungsoo shoved on a pair of jeans and a simple t-shirt before waiting for the other.

Chanyeol changed and smiled.

“Out we go!” When they moved outside, Kyungsoo winced at the strong shine of the sun and the hot wind.

“Ow…”

“My god you really are a vampire.” Chanyeol said, giggling when he saw the other put a hand in front of his eyes to shield him. He took a deep breath before dragging the other outside. “Wow, it’s such a lovely day.” It was unusual but he was glad. The sun felt nice. And it was also nice to have Kyungsoo out with him on a day like this.

They walked side by side to a small coffee shop were Chanyeol knew the workers rather well. And he may be able to catch a discount too.

Pointing to an empty table, he smiled at Kyungsoo.

“Go sit. I’ll order.”

Kyungsoo nodded before stopping. He his heel and looked up at his friend rather curiously.

“You don’t know what I drink.” He said.

“Kyungsoo, I’ve been living with you for about a week now, I know what you like, trust me. Now go and sit down while I get the drinks.” The taller winked at him before moving up towards the counter with a smile. And he was wicked glad that his friend was the one serving him at the moment.

“Well hello Chanyeol.” The server said with a small smile. The other grinned.

“How have you been, Suho?” Both of them smiled at each other before exchanging a small handshake over the counter because a hug might look a little weird.

“Pretty good, just working really. Yourself? How’s the new school?”

The tall boy shrugged his shoulders before looking up at the menu. He was going to answer as soon as he found the perfect coffee drink for his best friend.

Suho tapped his fingers on the counter.

“Chanyeol?”

“Oh. School’s good. Can I get a caramel latte and a… hmm…” The blonde tapper his chin a little. “And a vanilla latte please.”

The other nodded and turned around to get to work on making the drinks for his old friend.

They had known each other for a while now, except, Suho had moved to another part of the country – the one they were in right now. Losing contact, they didn’t talk much until Chanyeol discovered his parents had moved here as well. And he was more than excited to see Suho again – and of course get discounts on the coffee that he had to admit he was rather addicted to.

“Here you go Chanyeol.” Suho said, taking the money from the other. “You know, you should come back here more often.”

“Yeah, sorry. I will!” Chanyeol took a hold of the two steaming cups and moved over to the table.

Kyungsoo smiled as a cup was placed in front of him.

“What is it?” He asked, not daring to take a sip before he knew for sure what the other had ordered for him. Chanyeol grinned before taking a seat opposite the other and sipping the vanilla latte he had ordered for himself.

A sweet drinker, he was.

“It’s a caramel latte.” He said, waiting for praise.

“But I’ve never had that before.” Kyungsoo replied. In fact, he had never really had much anything different than a normal coffee drink. “I thought you said you knew what I liked?”

Chanyeol chuckled before pointing to the drink.

“It’s sweet. You like sweet things. And caramel. So take a drink.” The taller watched as the younger sipped the coffee.

And he waited.

And waited.

“It’s pretty nice.” Chanyeol was ecstatic that he had gotten the right drink. “Well this is nice. Who’s your friend?” He asked, changing the subject as he sipped the delicious drink that was paid for him. The taller turned and waved at Suho again before replying.

“It’s Suho – an old friend. He’s nice.”

Both of them just smiled at each other as they drank their coffee. There was some small talk as well but mostly it was a comfortable silence.

For the first time in a week, Kyungsoo could say he actually forgot about everything.

He was calm and rather happy. It was nice.

That was until once again his world came crashing down. It happened when he had stood up and decided he wanted a small cake to go along with his coffee and went to also introduce himself to Suho as well.

When he did, there was a small ringing bell sound, notifying that someone had entered the shop. Just as he was about to pick up a small piece of food, he turned around to walk up to the counter and bumped into someone. That one bump allowed that stranger’s feelings to flow through his entire body, and Kyungsoo stopped flat on the ground.

But it was familiar feeling, and his eyes began to well up from his own feelings and the strange ones.

Looking up, he gaped. It was.

“Jongin…”

Jongin stared at the boy who was slightly crouched over in pain. But he didn’t say anything else except move up to the counter and order a quick drink so that he could quickly leave the place.

Kyungsoo stared at his ex-boyfriend and tightened his lips together.

The feeling hadn’t changed, and he didn’t feel one ounce of regret in Kai’s feelings. Meaning he was glad they were separated. And he still couldn’t trust him. Making no hesitation to leave, he moved over to Chanyeol and tapped him on the shoulder, motioning for him to move out of the café which he instantly done. There was no questions asked and Kyungsoo didn’t even give Kai a second glance.

This was why he didn’t go out.

All the people in the world he was obviously going to bump into that one. Both he and Chanyeol moved through the street rather quickly until they were stopped by someone positioning themselves in front, sounding rather out of breath.

“Can we talk?”


A/N: Another update~ Kind of a sad theme just now huh? Thank you all for reading<3