Chapter 7

'Real' Relationships (DISCONTINUED)

Kyungsoo sat on his bed, his hands at either side of his head, rubbing his temples to try and calm down his migraine that was pulsing. It hurt a lot, just thinking hurt a lot. In fact, everything in his room was making it worse. The light from the window, even the soft sounds from the outside world. He just wanted it to go away. And his power was making it so much worse.

Amplifying. It was amplifying each single day. Getting worse. And everything in the sense of that word.

In fact, he couldn’t even make it to school anymore.

And he so wanted to. Oh god, he had more reason than any to go to school now after what had happened. He would have gone, but just stepping outside onto the street made him fall to the ground in mass pain.

Everyone’s feelings just flew into his body. Pain, happiness, anxiety, lust, excitement, depression. Everything.

There was no way he could handle it.

So he ran back inside. Back into the deep corner of his bed and curled up, trying to will away all the emotions that weren’t his own.

At least from there, all he could feel were slight tingles of other’s feelings.

But it didn’t help the migraine.

A ringing tone interrupted his thoughts and he looked to the side to see his mobile phone going off. But he knew who it was going to be. Chanyeol had been trying to phone him all morning – then obviously he had class – but it must’ve been a break in between.

When he picked up the mobile phone, but his breath hitched when he saw the name that was on the screen. He gulped a little and put it to his ear.

“H-Hello?”

“Kyungsoo? Where are you?”

“I’m sick. I’m sorry…”

“Are you alright?”

“Y-Yeah I’m fine. Um sorry for not texting or…”

“I was just worried. You know. After what happened yesterday…”

“O-Oh! Um most definitely not.”

“Right. That’s good.”

“…”

“Okay well I need to get back to class. Get better Kyungsoo.”

“…Bye…”

Kyungsoo let out the deep breath that he was holding in and threw the phone onto the bed beside him. That was one of the most nerve-wracking conversations he’s ever had in a long time. But now, Jongin had just made him think of what had actually happened the day before.

With the kiss.

Looking up at Kyungsoo, he didn’t know how to respond to the kiss.

But Kyungsoo already knew the answer.

Jongin’s eyes closed immediately and he wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo’s neck, pulling him even closer and pushing the kiss even deeper. Now emotions were running high, and Kyungsoo felt instantly . His hands moved down to Jongin’s waist, holding the skin there tightly because he had missed these moments.

And he knew that Jongin had missed them too. Jongin ran his fingers through the boy’s hair, the boy that he craved the touch of, the boy that he frequently dreamed about.

With Kyungsoo’s lips right against his, he was sure there was nothing that could make him happier at the moment.

They separated suddenly, as Kyungsoo felt that Jongin needed to say something.

Staring into each other’s eyes, Jongin tried to think of something to say. The older waited patiently, but he could feel excitement and love pouring from the younger. It felt nice. Besides, looking at Jongin whilst he tried to think of some words was good enough for him, because Jongin looked adorable.

Eventually, however, it seemed that Jongin had finally found the words that he had wanted to say.

“Kyungsoo…” he whispered, trying to find his voice. Already his lips were red from the kiss. “…I don’t know what to do…”

“I know.” Kyungsoo replied.

“But… I’ve missed you. So damn much. And I’ve missed… ‘this’…” Jongin’s voice was trembling a little, and he looked rather sad. But Kyungsoo could tell that he was just very happy. Because he was too. “Did you miss me?” he wondered, as if he genuinely believed that Kyungsoo didn’t miss him.

Kyungsoo ran his hands up and down Jongin’s sides before he nodded his head instantly.

“I did. So much.”

Jongin pursed his lips a little. He let out a sigh, trying to ignore the fact that Kyungsoo’s hands were making him feel pretty damn good. Looking up at the other, he spoke softly.

“Did you really?” he asked, making the other confused. “Or are you only saying that because you feel I missed you.”

The older sighed a little. Of course there was still going to be doubt.

But he had to clear something up.

And if this wasn’t the time to do it then he didn’t what was.

The boy took a few steps backwards – luckily he could get far enough away from Jongin to stop feeling what the other was – and he took a deep breath. Jongin was wondering what he was doing but he didn’t say a thing. In the back of his head he knew that the other was trying to make a point. Kyungsoo took a deep breath then exhaled before speaking instantly.

“Jongin, I can’t feel what you’re feeling right now.” Kyungsoo explained. The other was rather surprised at the distance but he gave it no thought.

Silence confronted them until he continued.

“I can honestly say…” Time for it all to come out. “That I love you Kim Jongin.” He couldn’t believe himself with how confident he felt. But he was glad. “So damn much and every time I am not near you I feel like I’m suffocating. Please, please I beg you, give me back my life force.” Kyungsoo had no idea where those words came from yet he loved the fact he sounded poetic. The look on Jongin’s face looked fantastic but when Kyungsoo took a few steps forward he felt something rather peculiar.

The other was extremely happy. Betrayal was gone, overcome by a sensation of extreme joy because the one he loved, truly loved him back.

Both of them stared at one another before a second passed.

Then their lips were pressed together again, except this time, Jongin wasn’t going to be the submissive one. Overcome by a period of weakness he may have let Kyungsoo become too confident. But that was over now. And as they got back together he was ready to be his old self.

Moving forward, he grabbed onto Kyungsoo’s hips and pushed him backwards against an opposite wall. The older stared at Jongin with lust covering his eyes.

Their mouths moved together in harmony without going too far.

However, a bell interrupted them and both of them realised that they were indeed in a school toilet. And it wasn’t that hygienic either. Their hands clasped together as they moved into the hall.

It should’ve been a happy ending right there.

The story should’ve ended because they had already been through so much in such a small period of time. Now they had ruled even that. They had passed it.

Together. In Love. Forever.

But no. When they moved into that hall and the students began bustling around straight for their next class, Kyungsoo stopped dead in his tracks. Emotions overruled his own – and even Jongin’s for that matter – and the migraine returned. There was no way he could handle this. For not one moment could he be content with his own happy emotions because the world wouldn’t let him.

Quickly, he let go of Jongin’s hands and ignored his shouts.

He had to go. He had to get out.

Still… it was quiet for once. There was the lingering migraine but he could handle that much. Just not what would happen if he actually went to go around people. Kyungsoo turned around and lay his face on the pillow, inhaling the material before closing his eyes.

Dreaming. That was one place that he would be able to escape everything that was going on.

Sleep.

“What do you want?” Jongin asked as he sat with his friends at a table in the cafeteria, feeling rather down for obvious reasons – like how Kyungsoo had not attended school for a week now and the last time he saw him was when they sort of agreed to begin dating again.

In fact, he wanted to make it official the day afterwards but he hadn’t been able to meet with him since.

Anyway, even after they separated, he still didn’t grow a liking for Chanyeol.

And the fact that Chanyeol had now approached him made him a little frustrated. Because he knew that he still had feelings for Kyungsoo. And since he got him back, he didn’t want any more complications.

“I need to talk about Kyungsoo.” Chanyeol explained, ignoring the looks he was getting from the rest of the table. “Can we talk in private?” He wondered, and Jongin hesitantly nodded. They both knew that something was wrong and it would probably make sense to work together on this.

They moved into an empty hallway.

Jongin leaned against some lockers and waved to the other to get him to start talking.

“I know what’s wrong with him.” The taller explained. Jongin stood up straight almost immediately.

“What?” Jongin seemed desperate.

“His power.”

Jongin almost choked. Kyungsoo had told Chanyeol about his power? When did he do that? Before him? Well… that would probably make sense since they did separate for quite a while.

Taking a deep breath, Jongin tried to calm down his own emotions.

“…What happened to it?” He wondered. It was only a touch right? Chanyeol sighed and folded his arms across his chest.

“The last thing he told me was that if he was in a couple of centimetres away from someone he could feel their emotions.” The boy explained. His face was stern after thinking what Kyungsoo was going through. There was only one explanation for the fact that Kyungsoo was gone. “I think it’s growing. That’s why he isn’t here.”

Simply nodding, Jongin tilted his head. Ah this was all too much. Why couldn’t they just elope somewhere quietly or something?

Moving forward, he looked at Chanyeol carefully.

“So what do we do?” he asked. It didn’t seem like there was a clear answer to their problem.

Chanyeol tapped his chin and sighed. There was only one thing to do.

“We need to go see him.”

At least Jongin and Chanyeol were nice enough to notify him of their soon arrival before they actually appeared at his front door. Kyungsoo reluctantly pulled himself off of his bed to open it because he was wondering why they two were even together since the last time they looked they hated each other.

When he opened his door, both of them looked equally surprised that he was actually allowing them to come in. They entered his house but it was a really awkward silence that soon followed.

“…What’s going on?” Kyungsoo asked, coughing a little to try and force his story that he was sick into reality.

Jongin suddenly moved forward and grabbed the back of his neck.

Pushing their lips together, he tilted his head and move his mouth carefully, just taking in the taste of Kyungsoo that he had missed for an entire week. Kyungsoo let out a small moan as he wrapped his arms around Jongin’s neck and pulled him closer. They only stopped when someone cleared their throat.

And Chanyeol was remembered.

“Can we get back to the issue?” Chanyeol asked, trying not to glare at Jongin who was feeling rather smug.

At least that’s what Kyungsoo felt.

He felt heartbroken and slightly disgusted at what had just went on. But from Jongin he felt a sort of smugness and pride floating from his body. This was what he was trying to avoid.

Stumbling backwards, he put his hand up to stop any of them coming forward.

“Don’t.”

Jongin turned to Chanyeol and sighed before they tried to fix the issue.

“Kyungsoo, I told you, you need to ignore it.” Chanyeol said, trying to move forward but was stopped by the other. “Please. You can’t keep holed up in here. It’s not healthy, not in the least.”

“I can’t just ignore it Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo explained. He tried to explain the severity of it all. “I feel absolutely everything.”

The youngest took a deep breath. He was about to say something until he was interrupted.

“I feel how Chanyeol hates that we’re together again.” Jongin sent a glare to the said boy but continued to listen. “And I know Jongin that you only kissed me because he was in the room so you could show him that you have me and he doesn’t.” The glare switched people. “I can’t help but feel absolutely every emotion that flows through you both. And I’m not even close…”

It sounded horrible. The two boys could only look onto Kyungsoo with pity in their eyes because they weren’t sure if they could even fix his problem.

What if he turned even more into a shut in? What if it got worse? What were they to do?

Kyungsoo stared at them blankly. The pity was excruciating.

“Please go.” He whispered, looking at the floor. “I-I just need a little more time to figure things out. Please.”

Jongin and Chanyeol shared a worried glance before they decided that they had to agree with him. They were only making it worse by being here. No matter how much they wanted to stay.

The younger moved forward and quickly pecked Kyungsoo’s lips. Then he whispered softly.

“We’ll find a way to soothe the pain baby. I promise.”

When they left, Kyungsoo fell to the floor and let out a few small tears. Because when Jongin had said that, he knew the other didn’t believe his own simple words. He knew that it was pointless to try and help him. And that pushed Kyungsoo down even more into the well of depression. It might’ve been an inner thought that Jongin might not know he had, but it was there.

He didn’t know if he could handle this.

“There are those in the world that are extremely perceptive to the emotions of others. They are few and highly sensitive to those around them. An innate ability to feel and perceive others, they can also possess the ability to feel physical sensitivities and perhaps even someone’s intent. It may start small, limited. But the power will grow and they might not even know whose emotions or feelings they are perceiving.

Many traits surround them.

The ability to feel other’s emotions is the one main attribute that they have, forcing them to speak without thinking or know the right thing to say in a single conversation.

Another would be the inability to be in a public crowd. This overwhelms them. It haunts them.

They are constantly fatigued. Tired, restless because they take on the toll of everyone’s emotions around them and not just their own. However, they may not even know this and instead perceive other’s emotions as their own, making this seriously dangerous to their own personal life.”

“What is that?!” Jongin shouted as he listened to Chanyeol speak out something he had found on the internet when they were trying to find a way to help Kyungsoo learn how to ignore it.

The taller boy turned the screen to Jongin and pointed.

“I believe they are called ‘Empaths’.” Chanyeol explained. “You know, empathy and all of that.”

Jongin simply nodded. He had heard of it before.

And he was probably positive that so had Kyungsoo but this had never occurred to him before obviously. Yet. The paragraph sounded like it was written about Kyungsoo which made it all the weirder.

They read the rest of it and sighed. Apparently there was no cure.

It didn’t even make it sound like a gift or a curse. There was nothing that was said to help calm the emotions or powers of the empathy. Nothing to help Kyungsoo.

“Wait!”

Jongin turned to Chanyeol and waited.

“There’s a number to someone else like Kyungsoo.” The number was clear, and there was a name as well. “Perhaps they can explain it in more detail to us – even to Kyungsoo.”

The other agreed. Of course he did, if there was someone who could help then he was all for it.

“What’s his name?”

“It’s Oh Sehun.”


A/N: A little update for you all! Hope you're enjoying it my lovelies <3 Comment, subscribe and upvote if you wish <3