Chapter 6

'Real' Relationships (DISCONTINUED)

“Can we talk?”

Kyungsoo stopped immediately and stared at the boy in front of him with an expressionless face whilst Chanyeol on the other hand was trying to figure out what in the world the other had to talk about. Looking towards his friend, he put his hand around the other’s wrist before speaking back.

“What are you doing here Baekhyun?” He asked, eyeing the other suspiciously. After all that has happened why would Baekhyun try to approach them both now.

Baekhyun rubbed his hands together nervously before staring at Kyungsoo.

“I wanted to apologise actually…” His voice was quivering. The boy actually looked nervous and he seemed to be avoiding Chanyeol’s eyes as well. “I know I probably don’t deserve it but I want you to at least know I’m sorry.”

Kyungsoo stared at Baekhyun with emotionless eyes.

This was the boy that destroyed the only real relationship he had ever had. Or maybe he didn’t.

He couldn’t deny that most of the time during his relationship with Jongin, he was doubting himself and asking himself why he was in the relationship in the first place. It was because of Jongin’s own feelings and if it wasn’t for his power, he would’ve never have had the audacity to go for such a boy. Jongin wasn’t even his type. He was a nasty boy who thought himself on the top of the world.

Maybe it was good he was out of it, although he couldn’t deny there were feelings that lingered inside of him that made him long for Kai.

The space could allow him time to think for himself and build up a plan.

A plan to get Jongin back. A plan to convince him to accept his ability and his true feelings. That plan did not include Baekhyun.

“Thank you, for apologising.” Kyungsoo spoke softly, but it wasn’t like he accepted it, he just didn’t want the conversation to go on any longer.

“Really, I am. I should never have put that strain on your and Jongin’s relationship, I’m sorry that you guys have separated now because of me.” Baekhyun continued his long speech as he thought of the one he had practiced before. “I’d apologise to Kai but he doesn’t want to talk to me.” A sad smile appeared on his lips. “I hope you both work it out.”

All of a sudden Baekhyun put his hand out in front of the other as a sign of a peace offering. Kyungsoo stared at the other and without a second though, he placed his hand inside of the other for an apology shake.

And then he remembered that he was about to feel everything the other did.

They ran through his body, leaving a permanent and scorching mark. Kyungsoo stared up at the other with lifeless eyes.

It was all just a lie.

Not a single word that left Baekhyun’s mouth was the honest truth. Kyungsoo felt anger rise in him and he quickly snatched his hand away from the other, he didn’t want to feel those awful feelings.

He didn’t even give the other an explanation before turning around and leaving both him and Chanyeol alone.

Chanyeol watched him go and frown.

Then he remembered about the other’s ability which meant something must’ve happened when he touched Baekhyun. And that was most probably because even he could tell Baekhyun was lying. Tilting his head, he sighed when Baekhyun tried to look innocent.

“Baekhyun, word of warning.” Chanyeol began, leaning in close so that his voice lowered. “Next time you try to make a fake apology, try to make your game face a bit better. It gives you away.”

The older boy stared at him in astonishment. And then he put his hand over his mouth to clear his throat.

“Well, it was all for you anyway.” Baekhyun admitted.

“What do you mean?”

“The thing you said to me last time kinda got to me. I mean, I like you, and I don’t want you to have that opinion of me.” The boy explained, shrugging his shoulders a little. “But… I can’t change who I am. And apparently, I can’t fake it either.” He placed his hands in his pockets, sighing sadly. He was really hoping that Kyungsoo would forgive him and he could try and make peace with Chanyeol – the other was extremely interesting.

Chanyeol stared at him and shook his head. He laughed a little at the other’s rather lame attempt.

“Sorry, I got to go.”

Another week passed rather quickly and the school had started up again, forcing Kyungsoo to move out of his house again. After Baekhyun’s lame apology, Chanyeol decided to leave the boy alone for a while especially since they were going to see each other in school soon anyway.

Kyungsoo moved into the school building before walking up to his locker to collect his school books. The classes were something to get his mind off of everything else.

“Hey!”

He turned around to see the tall blonde boy walking up to him. With a smile, he waved at Chanyeol and turned back to his locker. Chanyeol jogged up to him and leaned against the adjacent locker, grinning greatly as he waited for his friend to finish.

All of a sudden, Kyungsoo broke out into a small giggle and a grin.

“What’s got you so happy?” Chanyeol wondered, the sudden outburst was cute but quite unexpected. Especially since he hadn’t seen Kyungsoo look like that in a while.

“I… don’t know.”

Kyungsoo couldn’t keep the smile away from his lips. It was weird, he felt uneasily happy for a reason he couldn’t quite put his finger on. Shutting his locker, he turned around and took a few steps forward, realising that his mood was now drastically down from his previous one. That was definitely weird.

His friend was keeping up as they moved into the cafeteria to pass the small amount of time before they had to go to class.

When they sat at the table – beside other students as they were not a lot of spaces left – all of a sudden Kyungsoo began giggling very loudly.

Chanyeol tilted his head in surprise before he spoke.

“Are you alright?” He asked, the other still giggling very loudly.

Kyungsoo’s eyes were wide but all of a sudden he had felt himself feeling like he was being tickled. His body was on a powerful overdrive and he couldn’t control himself. It was awfully weird. Standing up, he tried to calm himself down but the feeling continued until he turned around and stared at a peculiar couple sitting beside him who were tickling each other.

With careful eyes (and he tried ignore his own giggling) he watched as the boy’s hands moved to his girlfriend’s waist and pressed on the sensitive skin.

“Ah!” He jumped as he felt the exact same thing.

But that was impossible. He wasn’t touching her, he was only a couple of centimetres beside her. That couldn’t be right. It must’ve been a sheer coincidence even though he did know better.

The boy moved closer to his girlfriend, pressing his lips against her lips as he smiled at her cute reaction.

Kyungsoo smiled reluctantly as he felt someone kissing his own neck.

Placing his hand on his neck, he realised no one was there. The shock kicked started him into a run away from the atrium, ignoring the shouts that were directed after him by Chanyeol.

When he was at the lockers again, he heard the class bell ring and soon enough all sorts of students were surrounding him.

And a mixture of emotions ran through his body.

Happiness. Mostly tiredness considering it was the start of the day. Some of it was frustration because it was school and they were forced to go. His head felt like it was going to split from the multiple emotions filling his head. Kyungsoo grabbed the sides of his head and he slid down to the floor, trying to block out everything that he was feeling.

Soon enough the students had dispersed, and he was finally able to breathe completely again.

“Kyungsoo?”

Taking his hands off of his head, he looked up at the person who had said his name. It was Jongin, and he looked worried.

He stood up and leaned against the locker, trying to shake off the headache.

“Are you alright?” Jongin asked, moving forward. The other’s face was a little red and he looked like he was really hurt, and he got worried. When he received a nod in return, he spoke again. “Headache?”

Kyungsoo could only nod. His nerves built up and he had no idea what he could say to Kai. He wasn’t prepared for this.

When he didn’t receive any other reply, Jongin just smiled and walked away.

Kyungsoo took a deep breath.

There was a brief moment of silence before Kyungsoo began to panic. This was something that he never expected to happen but often feared. His power was progressing and he didn’t know what to do anymore.

Now he only had to be within a little distance of people? That was horrible. There was no way he would ever be free.

And there was certainly no way he’d be able to go to class like this.

Moving towards the exit, he grabbed his bag tightly before looking around to make sure no one was around. All he had to do was take a day or two without human contact and he was sure he’d be fine. Kyungsoo sighed deeply before smiling at the fresh air.

The pain in his head had decided to subside and he was feeling comfortable again.

Now to deal with this.

“Kyungsoo, please come to school.” Chanyeol was currently outside of the other’s bedroom two days after they had spoken. The boy hadn’t been to school since then. It seems that every day that passed another problem was added onto Kyungsoo’s conscience and Chanyeol felt extremely worried. “Kyungsoo, please.” He knocked on the door a couple of more times.

Finally the door was opened. Kyungsoo stood there before he took a few steps backwards when he felt a foreign feeling flow through his body.

Chanyeol moved closer but was stopped when the other put a hand up.

“Please, don’t come closer.” Kyungsoo didn’t want the other to be near him. For both of their sakes. There might be some feelings that Chanyeol held inside of him that he might not want Kyungsoo to know. “There’s just… a lot going on. Please don’t.”

“Tell me what’s wrong.” Chanyeol said. He had already shared his deepest secret, surely he could know about this one.

Kyungsoo let out a deep breath before he sat on his bed.

“My power… it’s been advancing.” He explained, not knowing that the other had sat beside him on the bed.

It was only until he felt a familiar emotion filling up his body.

Looking to his side, both his and Chanyeol’s gazes connected and he immediately knew what was going on. Chanyeol was becoming more and more in love with him every day. That’s why he didn’t want to be near him. He knew about his feelings but he hoped it had died away by now.

But with every second that passed between them, the feeling just got more amplified.

The older saw the loving gaze Kyungsoo was shooting him. It felt nice for him to look at him like that.

Kyungsoo’s breath hitched as felt the other’s emotions spike.

And he knew what was coming.

“Chanyeol, please, what you’re about to do, don’t do it.” Kyungsoo said, moving away with a great deal of pain in his chest. It was the other. Feeling rejected. But he was just glad he was able to move away before something happened.

The blonde looked at him confused before he remembered.

But they weren’t touching each.

Chanyeol stood up and looked over at Kyungsoo who was fidgeting with his hands. This must’ve been the problem.

“Kyungsoo… is that what happened?” He asked.

The other nodded.

“It happened a couple of days ago. I-I’m sorry…” Kyungsoo said, leaning against the desk situated behind him. “I can’t be beside anyone right now. Until I can try to control it.”

Chanyeol sighed and smiled sadly at him. There was nothing he could say to cheer the other up.

It must .

“Just, try and focus on your own emotions Kyungsoo, that’s all you can do.” The taller explained. “But you can’t put your life on hold because of this.” Chanyeol moved over and stayed a safe distance away from the other. “You have to come to school, you have to try and live a normal life. That’s the best thing you can do.”

It’d be hard. But Kyungsoo found himself nodding instantly.

He’d deal with it.

“See?” Chanyeol said, walking beside his friend with a grin. “I told you, you could get through a day of school.” Of course, it was only lunch but Kyungsoo had managed to stay within the school grounds.

Kyungsoo smiled at his friend and nodded

It wasn’t that hard to ignore everyone. Besides, most of the students around him felt the same way anyway – just tired and calm. He also made a note not to sit beside any couple that was touching each other at all, so that he could just sit and listen to Chanyeol talk.

Both of them moved into the cafeteria again, Kyungsoo keeping his head focused on everything else but emotions, whilst Chanyeol was already telling a story.

They sat at an empty table and began to eat their food. But Kyungsoo could still feel lingering emotions from even Chanyeol.

Even the feeling of how much he was enjoying his food.

“I… need to go to the bathroom.” The younger suddenly exclaimed, Chanyeol nodding his head immediately as he watched Kyungsoo leave the table. He moved towards the bathroom and sighed in relief when there was no one in.

At least there was a place he could be alone.

Leaning against the sink, he let out a deep breath and splashed some warm water on his face. It was nice. The silence.

“Kyungsoo…”

The boy immediately turned around and faced the other student that had just entered the room. It was like a freaking romantic movie. But even the space between them was not enough to make Kyungsoo calm down. The feelings from Jongin was running through his body – but they weren’t what he was expecting.

He could feel how much Jongin was missing him, and how much he still loved him. There was also an element of worrying in them.

Kai moved forward and stopped as he was about a metre away from his ex.

“Are you alright? You’ve been absent a lot lately.” He said, his face etched in concern for the other. Even though they had separated, it didn’t mean he didn’t think about Kyungsoo most of the time.

Kyungsoo smiled as best as he could as he tried to ignore the feelings.

“Y-Yeah… I’m fine.” He his lips before turning back to the mirror and washing his hands. Even though he thought Jongin would just leave him alone, he didn’t, and soon enough Kai got even closer and spoke once again.

“Kyungsoo… I-I miss you.” The boy whispered.

Kyungsoo knew the other meant it. He could feel it. But there was still a hint of betrayal which meant that Kai was probably not looking for a reattachment of their relationship. He waited for Jongin to speak again.

“I… I don’t know what to do with that feeling though.”

All of a sudden, Kyungsoo felt an overwhelming power to turn around and kiss the other. It was a mix between his own feelings and Kai’s too. It was too much. All sense left his head and he turned around to face Jongin with lust covering his eyes and his body trembling a little from the intense emotion.

Grabbing Jongin’s shoulders, he pushed the other up against the bathroom wall and smashed their lips together.

It felt amazing.

The other’s lips were moist and delicious. Kai’s whole being was amazing.

Kai’s eyes were wide and bulgy as he felt Kyungsoo press up against him. He placed his hands against his shoulders and pushed him back, gasping for air from the breath taking kiss. Looking up at Kyungsoo, he didn’t know how to respond to that kiss.

But Kyungsoo already knew the answer.


A/N: Another update! Since I was advertised (thank you!) I decided to give a gift to you all. To everyone reading this, thank you so much for all of your support! I hope this chapter does you justice!