Chapter 8

'Real' Relationships (DISCONTINUED)

Y'all proud of me? This is the second update in 1 day. Yeah, I know you're proud ;D


“Don’t you think we should’ve told Kyungsoo about this before actually going to this place?” Chanyeol wondered as they approached the house where there appointment was set, although, it seemed rather creepy to him. However, Jongin didn’t seem to be bothered by it, which just made it worse.

Jongin shrugged his shoulders but he didn’t wait a single second until he knocked the front door. The other stared at him like he was crazy but it was funny to him.

He wanted to make Chanyeol mad.

Any way he could. Especially if he had to spend quite a lot of time with the taller boy. There was no way he would be super friendly. Not to a boy who was obviously doting on his boyfriend.

Jealousy goes a long way with his personality. And he was prepared to show Chanyeol exactly that.

The door opened suddenly, making the two teenagers jump a little.

It certainly wasn’t who the two boys were expecting anyway. An old creepy blind man perhaps, or an old woman who was incredibly grouchy for no reason. Not an even younger boy than both of them who looked like his face was frozen in one common expression for his entire life.

The boy stared at the two strangers in front of him before stepping aside and simply letting them in.

Jongin and Chanyeol built up their courage and entered. It was a rather cosy house inside – the outside betrayed it really – and it made them feel a little more comfortable than they were.

Just as one of them was about to speak, their host bet them to it.

“Jongin and Chanyeol, correct?” The boy asked, taking a seat on a chair and offering the couch opposite to the teenagers. When they sat down, they nodded.

“Yeah, that’s us.” Chanyeol agreed, nodding continuously.

“You’re here about your friend right?” The boy asked, before turning his head to Jongin instead. “He’s your boyfriend, correct?” When asked, Jongin looked rather confused because he was sure he didn’t say anything about that. How the hell did the other know about him and Kyungsoo?

Shuffling a little on his seat, he cleared his throat.

“How’d you know?” He wondered, and the other younger boy chuckled a little before leaning back on the chair.

“Your feelings for him are pretty strong aren’t they? I’d say the same about you…” The boy pointed to Chanyeol who frowned, “…but those feelings are mixed in with sad ones so I think you’ve been rejected…” Then he pointed to Jongin, “…and you’ve been accepted.” The boy finished with Chanyeol and Jongin staring rather amazed at him and his ability.

Chanyeol and Jongin shared a nervous glance. Although it was spot on, to hear it all out on the open was rather embarrassing – especially for the taller one who was blushing a little.

Then it made sense.

The taller leaned forward and pointed to the boy.

“You’re Sehun right? The empath?” He asked, and the other just stared at him with his expressionless face.

Jongin rolled his eyes.

Of course it was.

“Yes. That’s me.” Sehun explained before sighing. “So tell me… how is Kyungsoo doing at the moment?” he wondered, finally getting to the point that the other two came to talk about.

“Horrible.” Jongin said immediately.

“What’s he doing?”

“Staying inside. We got to see him for a little while a couple of days ago but since then there has been no contact. He’s not seeing anyone.” Jongin said, sighing when he thought he hadn’t talked to him since their last visit. And he really missed him. In fact, he had tried to see him but Kyungsoo simply sent him away and it hurt when he did that too.

Sehun nodded before sitting up and pacing around the room. It seemed that he was thinking about something. Maybe a reply.

Turning around to them, he sighed.

“It’s in the reclusive stage.” Sehun whispered, sighing. “I remember that. In fact, it happened to me about a year ago, when I was sixteen.”

Chanyeol and Jongin gasped at the fact he was seventeen.

Coming here was definitely a good idea. They’d be able to get first-hand information from what Kyungsoo was suffering from, and hopefully, how to help him. Jongin cleared his throat and got the other’s attention.

“How did you get out of it?” He asked, making Sehun turn around to face both of them.

Then he sighed.

“I haven’t.”

“But…”

“Look around yourself. I live in this house alone. Not to mention that I have no neighbours and it’s rather out of the city. How long did it take you both to drive here?” Sehun wondered, moving closer to them and standing still, waiting for their answer.

They were calculating before the taller answered.

“Around two hours.” He said, nodding. Sehun sighed.

“Yeah that’s right… Look, I can’t stand to be around people for a long time. It hurts. It also got worse – my power.” The boy was explaining. “I can withstand the two of you, but if you stay much longer your pity will almost kill me.”

The two boys tried to change their emotions but it was too late. Jongin sighed and stood up, feeling rather agitated.

“So you can’t help us?” He asked. Did they really drive all this way for nothing?

Sehun looked at him with a small glare in his eyes. He moved closer to Jongin and could feel the annoyance rolling off of him. Sighing, he took a few steps back and tried to talk.

“Look, tell Kyungsoo… he just has to deal with it.”

“You can’t just say that!” Jongin shouted. “We didn’t come all this way to just go back with a stupid response like that!” He was getting really angry now.

The empath just sighed.

And he sat back down on the chair.

“I had to deal with this alone – although I suppose that was a good thing. His power might get stronger, I’m not too sure. Mine has stopped for the moment, or at least calmed down.” The boy tried to explain it in a way the others would understand – but it would be hard. “Look, it’s going to hurt him. I’ve been trying myself to find some sort of way to control it, but I haven’t found an answer yet. Perhaps… you can help me. Then we can fix the both of us.”

Chanyeol just nodded as he understood. Well, he tried his best. Just by the looks of things he could tell that Sehun was a recluse as well and that he had little to none human contact.

He didn’t want that for Kyungsoo.

But maybe that was what he needed at the moment. Looking at Sehun, he frowned because he was so young. Just seventeen.

Kyungsoo is seventeen too – they didn’t need something like this. Being a teenager must be hard enough. Standing up, he motioned for Jongin to join them as he muttered a thank you to the empath.

Sehun watched them approach the door before he stopped them.

“Wait!” He shouted, running towards them. “I need to tell you something. Something important about what is going to happen to him.”

That certainly piqued their interests.

“Go on.” Jongin said, suspicious about what the other was going to say. Sehun took a deep breath before replying.

“Because we feel everyone’s emotions around us, there is one way that we could forget it, even the slightest.” The boy explained. “You have to keep an eye on him.”

“What does that mean?” The other asked, looking confused.

“It happened to me. I started under a year ago.” Sehun pushed his hand into his pocket and took out a single carton. “Smoking.” The other’s just continued to get more confused about this. “It helped me forget. Allowed me to think of something else.”

Chanyeol let out a slow breath. He realised what the other was getting at. And so did Jongin which was why he began to panic.

Sehun sighed.

“We have an extremely addictive personality. I didn’t realise until it was too late.” Sehun pushed the carton back into his pocket. “Look, the least worse is cigarettes – alcohol and drugs are also on the list.”

Without a single goodbye, the two boys ran back to the car.

With the new information in hand, they had to go back to see Kyungsoo. And to tell him about this entire visit.

And of course to start the information searching.

They would find a way to help both Kyungsoo and Sehun.

Kyungsoo curled his knees up to his chest, shoving his head into his lap as he tried to calm down his entire body that was sent into overdrive. The last twenty minutes were a pain as a group of school kids decided to walk past his window. Oh it was the most annoying thing ever. Emotions flew through him.

Happiness that the school day was over.

Cockiness as they wanted to impress their friends.

Stupidness, generally.

And Kyungsoo wanted to scream his head off but he knew that it would do no good to help him. All he could do was try to contain it.

The best thing about it was that he didn’t think of Jongin.

And how he hadn’t seen him in a long time. And how he was sad that he hadn’t seen him in a long time. It also scared him how much he longed for him and he didn’t want to think about that either. Shaking his head, he took a deep breath and let it out softly. Then he heard his door knock.

Groaning, he moved down the stairs cautiously as he wondered who could be at the door at this time.

Opening it slowly, he peeked through and saw a boy he had never seen before.

Only a couple of years older it seemed, but rather chipper. At least, that’s what Kyungsoo felt, although that’s all he felt. Clearing his throat a little, he stared at him in surprise.

“C-Can I help you?” he asked.

“Yes! I’m your new neighbour, in fact, and I decided to come meet you all.” The chipper boy said, holding up a tray in his hands.

Kyungsoo could smell the brownies - they smelt delicious.

Gulping, he didn’t know what to do. Was he to let him in or push him away. It would certainly say a lot in terms of first impressions. The boy decided quickly and opened the door immediately, standing aside with a small smile. That’s when he was glad that he forced himself to shower that morning so at least he looked presentable to the handsome stranger in his house.

The boy moved in, standing only a little away from the owner of the house as he watched the front door shut. Smiling again, he introduced himself formally.

“My name is Lu Han!” He said, bowing politely. “Do you live here yourself?”

It was rather weird to see another boy – especially a younger one – in a house all alone. Kyungsoo shook his head but then he began to wonder. Actually, he should say yes. His parents were away again, always leaving, never really coming back.

At least he wouldn’t have to deal with their emotions though. So he nodded his head with a smile.

“That’s cool. Can we sit down?” Lu Han wondered, looking at the couch that lay behind him.

Kyungsoo nodded and followed suite.

“My name is Kyungsoo by the way.” Cringing when he heard how raspy her voice sounded, he cleared his throat a little. “Um so, why did you move here?” He was just trying to make small talk to ignore the foreign emotions creeping up on his own.

Lu Han hummed a little as he put the brownies on the table.

“Just needed something new I guess.” The boy explained, turning and facing Kyungsoo with a grin. “I’m glad I did though, you’re really cute!”

Kyungsoo blushed immediately but he knew the other was just being nice.

After all, he would be able to feel it if Lu Han was coming on to him. But this wasn’t a fantasy world where everyone he met liked him.

A friend would be nice though.

“Thank you…” He whispered, chuckling to himself.

“Well, want a brownie?” Lu Han wondered, opening the tray. “I promise that they are not poisonous as I made them myself!” He took great pride in that fact as he passed one to his knew neighbour.

“How do I know you’re not a bad cook?” The other wondered suspiciously, but he was only playing around.

“I’m a chef actually. Or well, I’m trying to find a job as one.”

Well that was definitely reassurance enough. Kyungsoo took one of the brownies off of the other and stared at it in delight. It looked delicious. There was so much chocolate in one square and he couldn’t wait to shove it into his mouth.

Just as he was about to take that first bite that he was looking forward to, the door knocked again.

Looking at the other apologetically, he placed it down on the table and got up.

Why was he so popular all of a sudden?

When he opened the door, he was baffled when someone was hugging him. And he knew exactly who it was when he was flooded with feelings he knew all too well. The other moved back and put his hands on Kyungsoo’s cheeks, pressing their lips together instantly like they hadn’t been together in years.

It certainly felt that way.

Jongin moved back and smiled at his boyfriend before shutting the door. Then he noticed someone else was in the house.

“Who is that?” He wondered.

“Oh… that’s my new neighbour.” Kyungsoo replied in a soft voice. Jongin always had that effect on him which made him revert back to his old shy self. He liked it that way though.

Lu Han immediately stood up and went over to introduce himself. Placing out a hand, Jongin took it – only to be polite – and shook.

“I’m Lu Han. You’re Kyungsoo’s boyfriend?” He asked, smiling at them both.

“How’d you know?” Jongin wondered.

“Well… you did just give him a hell of a passionate kiss you know. I didn’t get your name.” Lu Han said, giggling at the two boys blushing. They were only a few years younger than him but it was nice to see love like that.

So young and innocent. It was beautiful.

“It’s Jongin.” The boy replied, looking back at Kyungsoo. “Actually… I need to talk to him about something – it’s rather private.”

The eldest looked between the two and nodded.

“No problem!” He moved to the door and opened it. “Enjoy the brownies Kyungsoo – and don’t forget to give Jongin some too.” The cheery boy left them both alone and Jongin instantly pecked the other again.

Kyungsoo closed his eyes and let himself fall into the fluttery feeling both of them had.

Or just Jongin.

But he simply didn’t care at the moment.

When they did separate, Jongin smiled sadly before taking a hold of Kyungsoo’s wrist and pulling him to the couch. They sat in silence for a little while. Kyungsoo took a bite out of the brownie and smiled at the magnificent taste that lay on the taste buds on his tongue and smiled. Lu Han must really be a cook. Turning to his boyfriend again, he waited for him to speak.

Jongin finally killed the silence.

“Chanyeol and I went to see someone rather peculiar today…” Starting off the conversation like that definitely piqued the other’s interest.

After all they did hate each other.

“Go on…” Kyungsoo said, curious as ever now.

“It was an empath.” Jongin was hoping that the other knew what it was. But by the look of his confused face he didn’t. “An empath is someone who can feel other people’s emotions. You know, like yourself.” When he said that, the other looked very surprised.

Then he registered the first part of what Jongin had said. They had met with another empath.

And didn’t tell him.

“What happened?” Kyungsoo asked, but he could feel the sad emotion coming off of his boyfriend so he knew it wasn’t good news.

Not a cure.

“Sehun said that it doesn’t get that much better. And he’s still looking for a cure or something to soothe his power. Actually, he didn’t help us much.” The boy seemed pretty angry at the empath for it. But nothing could be done about it. “But he did give us a warning.”

“A warning?” The older asked. “What kind of warning?”

“He said you’d be susceptible to… an addictive personality.” It hurt even when he was just giving the idea to the other.

“What does that mean?” Kyungsoo didn’t understand.

“You know… like cigarettes. Or alcohol. Or drugs. Something that might help you forget about all emotion and all problems in your life.” Suddenly Jongin grabbed Kyungsoo’s hands and held him close. “Never do that. You can get through it without help of substances okay? Just believe in me.”

Kyungsoo shook his head. It was information overload.

Addictive personality?

He had never even thought of turning to things like that. But that had also meant that the empath they met had.

“What did Sehun get addicted to?” Kyungsoo wondered.

“Cigarettes.”

“And it helped?”

Jongin shook his head a little. As far as he could see, Sehun was pretty much the same as Kyungsoo so in his eyes, it didn’t help at all. It didn’t help his power or his social skills, not one bit. The boy in front of him sighed. As if he was disappointed in the fact it didn’t work.

But at least he wouldn’t try it now.

His boyfriend stared at him with blank eyes. Then Jongin instantly hugged him tightly and whispered into his ear.

“Promise me, you’ll never do that.”

Kyungsoo took a deep breath. He could feel the other was worrying eccentrically and the touch was making the feeling even worse. It was horrible. But there was the lingering thought at the back of his head now.

Nagging him.

Telling him to give into the temptation he was just handed.

“…I promise…”



A/N: I admit, it wasn't a very exciting chapter but two new characters! A little less hope but for you all, in the next chapter there will be some . I won't say who. It might be KaiSoo or someone else. Look forward to it and subscribe/comment/upvote if you want it faster ;D These make me happy you know :P