Badman

Scars
Jongup absentmindedly followed the cat into the dark alley, ignoring the calls of his hyungs.  The cat stopped running away, and Jongup finally caught up to it.
 
“Hey, kitty,” Jongup said as he picked up the grey cat and lightly scratched it behind its ears.  He was cuddling and petting the cat when he heard laughter.  Looking up in front of him, further down the alley, Jongup noticed dark silhouettes.
 
“Jongup,” Yongguk said as he jogged up to the younger, sighing in relief.  He ignored Jongup’s pointing into the darkness and began pulling the dancer’s arm back towards where Himchan was.  “You shouldn’t go down strange alleys.”
 
“You should listen to your friend, boy,” a voice drawled out from the darkness.
 
Jongup’s eyes widened when he saw the silhouettes getting closer.  The cat jumped from his arms and ran off, but Jongup didn’t even notice.  Yongguk steeled when he heard the voice.  He turned around to look into the darkness, also noticing the silhouettes.  Out of the darkness stepped two large, burly men.
 
Yongguk’s grip tightened on Jongup’s arm as he began to back up, pulling Jongup with him.  They quickly spun around and were about to run out of the alley, but stopped in their tracks when they saw that another large man had snuck up behind them.  They were surrounded.
 
One of the men laughed again and said, “Little boys shouldn’t be out at night all alone.”  Neither Yongguk nor Jongup responded.  Jongup was to scared and nervous to say anything, and Yongguk felt it was smarter to be quiet and not provoke them, but the men were provoked by the silence instead.  “Wae!?  Not going to say anything!?”
 
“Hey, I think I know who these two are,” the smallest of the three men said.  “They’re a part of that group called B.A.P.”
 
The man who was standing next to the smallest one glared at the smaller man and replied, “Like I know who that is.”
 
“You know.  They did that ‘Badman’ song,” the smallest said.
 
“Oooooh,” the other drawled out.  “I know that song.”  The man started to slowly approach Yongguk and Jongup.  “Catchy song, but isn’t it supposed to be a message to bad men?  Thought you could get away with trying to talk about bad men, huh?”  The man pulled out a switch blade from his pocket.  Yongguk and Jongup both backed up when they saw the man coming closer to them with the knife, but the man behind them grabbed a hold of them, keeping them in place.  “Think you’re so tough by taking on big bad scary men through a song?”  The man with the knife smiled maniacally at them, scaring the two singers.
 
“Bang Yongguk!  Moon Jongup!  What is taking you two so long!?” Himchan yelled out, startling everyone.
 
Yongguk took advantage of the three men’s momentary distraction.  He jerked out of the man’s grasp and pushed him aside.  He pushed Jongup in front of him and shouted, “Jongup, run!”  Jongup did run, and Yongguk was behind him, but one of the men grabbed him before he could get far.
 
“What’s going on?” Himchan asked when he saw Jongup running towards him.
 
“Hyung, we have to go!” Jongup quickly said as he began to pick up the groceries that were on the ground.
 
“Where’s Yongguk?”
 
Jongup’s eyes widened and he turned around to see that Yongguk was in fact not behind him.  “Yongguk-hyung!” Jongup yelled, making Himchan start to worry.
 
“What’s going on?” Himchan asked again.  “What’s wrong?”
 
Jongup hesitated.  He headed towards the alley again, but stopped.  He didn’t know what to do.  He turned to Himchan and said, “Hyung, we have to help Yongguk-hyung.”
 
Not waiting for Jongup to explain things to him, Himchan headed down the alley, ignoring Jongup calling him back.  When Himchan’s eyes adjusted to the darkness and he finally noticed the three men beating on Yongguk, he yelled out, “Yongguk!”
 
The three men looked up and smiled evilly.  One chuckled before saying, “Well lookey here, another one.”
 
Himchan yelled out for Jongup and went to run, but one of the men caught him and stabbed Himchan in the leg with a knife.  Himchan screamed out and fell to the ground.  He was crawling away from the man who stabbed him, but the man was only laughing at Himchan’s attempt to get away.
 
“I called the police,” Jongup said as he ran back down the alley.  The three men looked up at Jongup, seeing the cellphone in his hand, and sneered at him.
 
“Come on,” one of the men said as he and the others quickly ran off.
 
“Hyung!” Jongup cried out when he saw the knife sticking out of Himchan’s leg.  Jongup knelt down next to Himchan, but the older waved him off.
 
“I’m okay.  I’m okay,” Himchan panted out.  “Go check up on Yongguk.”
 
Jongup looked over to where Himchan was gesturing to see a lump that he realized was Yongguk.  Jongup quickly went over to his hyung to see a bloody and bruised, unconscious Yongguk.
 
“Hyung!” Jongup called out as he dropped down next to Yongguk, tears in the dancer’s eyes.  “Wake up, hyung!  Wake up!” he shouted as he shook Yongguk.
 
“Jonguppie, what’s wrong?” Himchan asked from his sitting position a couple of yards away.
 
“Yongguk-hyung, wake up!”  Jongup didn’t hear Himchan’s question.  “Please!  Wake up!”