Blame

Scars
Himchan had been released from the hospital the next day with instructions to not do anything too strenuous concerning his leg.  Yongguk, however, had to stay in the hospital an extra day to monitor the concussion that he had.  Afterwards, he too was released.  Yongguk was also instructed not to do anything too strenuous, to just take it easy for a couple of days.  He was prescribed pain relievers to take whenever he felt excruciating pain, but was not to take more than three pills in a day.
 
Their fans had heard about B.A.P being in the hospital, but luckily not until after they were all discharged.  No one knew why they were in the hospital, but news that two of the members were injured had somehow got out.  Their manager was trying to take care of everything, providing only bits of information that did not reveal the whole matter.
 
All of the members were back at their dorm now, resting and recuperating – some better than others.
 
“Zelo-ah!  Will you just let me do it?!” Himchan asked agitatedly.
 
The youngest looked back at Himchan and pouted before a determined look came across his face, and he responded, “Himchannie-hyung needs to rest his leg.”
 
“But it’s been three days since the incident,” Himchan said.  They had started referring to it as an incident because whenever they said “attack” Himchan would flinch, Yongguk would get this far away look, Zelo would sob, and Jongup would get even quieter than what he already was.  They wouldn’t even discuss it really, just refer to it as “the incident.”
 
“I’m fine to walk around.  Besides you can’t cook to save your life,” Himchan mumbled the last part, but the maknae heard him anyway.
 
Zelo pouted again but continued stirring the pot of lumps.  He was standing at the stove trying to make a decent dinner for everyone while he made sure that Himchan remained sitting at the kitchen table and stayed off of his leg for as long as possible.
 
“I just want to help hyung out,” Zelo mumbled.
 
Himchan sighed before he eventually smiled.  “Ugh!  How can I resist our cute maknae?”  Himchan got up to pinch Zelo’s cheeks, but the younger quickly pushed him back down.
 
“Hyung~” Zelo whined, “don’t get up.”
 
Now it was Himchan’s turn to pout.  “Araso,” he replied moodily, “but when everyone complains about your nasty dinner, don’t come whining to me.”
 
Zelo looked a little crestfallen at the idea that no one would like his food, so Himchan sighed again and said, “At least let me show you what to do.”
 
“Ne, okay, hyung,” Zelo replied, smiling, “but no getting up.”
 
“How am I supposed to show you anything if I can’t even get up?!” Himchan asked, frowning.
 
Zelo just kept frowning.  “Just tell me what to do and I’ll do it.”
 
Himchan frowned at the realization that Zelo was not going to let him get up for anything.  “Yah!” he shouted before eventually complying and telling Zelo what all to do.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~In the TS Entertainment Building~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Yongguk hadn’t been able to get Jongup to admit to something being wrong that day at the hospital, and ever since he got back he noticed how quiet Jongup always was.  He tried to talk to the younger, but it was like Jongup couldn’t even look at him.  Yongguk had wondered if he had done something to upset the younger, but Himchan said that Jongup was the same way with him.
 
Daehyun and Youngjae even admitted to being worried over Jongup’s obvious weird behavior.  Youngjae suggested that Jongup might need to see a therapist, that he might have been traumatized from the incident.  Youngjae even suggested that Yongguk and Himchan ought to go to therapy too because of the way they would react when the “attack” was mentioned, but none of them wanted to go.
 
Instead, Yongguk took to secretly watching Jongup to make sure the younger was okay and in hopes that it would be revealed why the younger was so quiet in the first place.
 
“What’s wrong, ‘Up?” Yongguk mumbled as he watched Jongup dancing from the other side of the door.
 
Jongup went to dance in the practice room at the TS building, which wasn’t unusual.  Jongup often did that whenever they had free time.  What was unusual, however, was how the younger didn’t tell anyone where he was going.
 
Yongguk got an earful from Himchan when the visual called to ask where he and Jongup were.  After Yongguk told him, Himchan went on and on about how reckless and unsympathetic it was for them to just leave and not tell anyone where they were going after the recent incident that occurred.  Yongguk apologized and mentally blamed Jongup for being so reserved lately.
 
That was hours ago, and the sun had already set.  Yongguk considered going back to the dorm, but he was a little cautious about being alone on the street at night, and he definitely did not want to leave Jongup by himself.
 
Yongguk entered the practice room, ready to reveal himself and tell the dancer that they needed to go home, when he realized that Jongup was crying.  Even though the younger was still dancing and moving to the beat, there were tears falling down his face.  Yongguk wondered why he didn’t realize before that the once happy virus was crying.  He could even hear the quiet sobs as he got close enough.
 
“Jonguppie,” Yongguk whispered, but Jongup somehow was still able to hear the leader over the loud music.
 
Jongup’s eyes widened, and he quickly wiped at the tears on his face and turned the music off.  “What are you doing here, hyung?” he asked, sounding as if it took everything within him just to form that sentence.
 
“Why are you crying?” Yongguk asked quietly.  Jongup opened his mouth to respond, possibly to deny ever crying, but Yongguk spoke before he could say anything.  “Why have you been so quiet lately?  What’s wrong?  And don’t lie.”
 
“Yongguk-hyung,” was all that Jongup said, but it sounding like he was pleading with the older.
 
“Please tell me,” Yongguk said as he grabbed Jongup’s arms and brought the younger in to a loose hug.  “You can tell me anything.”
 
Jongup jerked out of Yongguk’s hold and turned his back to the older.
 
“Jonguppie?” Yongguk said questioningly.  He was surprised by the dancer’s brazenness.
 
“Why are you being so nice to me?” Jongup asked quietly.
 
Yongguk titled his head, confused.  “What do you mean?” he asked.  “I’ve always been nice to you.”
 
“You almost died,” Jongup whispered.  Yongguk had to strain just to hear what the younger had said.  “You could have died.”
 
Yongguk smiled.  “Is that what you’ve been worried about, because I’m fine.  I’m right here, aren’t I?”
 
“You could have died!” Jongup shouted, turning around to face Yongguk again.  Yongguk jumped at Jongup’s sudden shouting and turning around.  He saw that the younger was crying again, and honestly, Jongup looked like he had lost it.  “You could have died and I…  I…  I. Didn’t. Do. Anything!” the dancer said, crying and fiddling his hands.
 
“Hey, hey, hey,” Yongguk said soothingly, taking a hold of Jongup’s hands and looking the younger in his eyes.  “It’s not your fault what happened.”
 
Jongup shook his head.  “That cat,” he said.  “I followed that stupid cat, and you said- you said not to go down that alley.”
 
“It’s okay,” Yongguk said, trying to get Jongup to calm down.
 
“But I went.  I- I went!  I went down that alley even though you said not too, and- and- and…”
 
“Jongup!” Yongguk said more loudly, slightly shaking the younger.  “It’s okay.  It’s over.  And no one blames you.  I do not blame you.  It isn’t your fault.”
 
Jongup nodded his head furiously.  “Yes it is!” he cried out.  “I ran!  I ran, and you… You weren’t behind me.  I thought you were behind me, but you weren’t!  Himchan- Himchannie-hyung went to go see you, but I- I tried to stop him.  I just stood there!  I stood there, hyung!  I was too scared to go back down there!”
 
Jongup was crying and screaming now.  His legs gave out and Yongguk, who had been holding the dancer, slowly allowed them fall to the floor.  Yongguk held the younger closer, rubbing soothingly on Jongup’s arms and back.  He cooed and tried to calm the other down.
 
“It’s my fault!  I didn’t help hyung!  I just stood there!  I just stood there!”
 
“Shh!” Yongguk said softly.  Tears were starting to form in his eyes at seeing the young happy virus so broken.  “It’s not your fault.  You were scared.”
 
“But you saved me!  You protected me!  I- I couldn’t do the same, because… I just stood there!”  Jongup started shaking his head and pushing at Yongguk, trying to get away from the older, but Yongguk just held Jongup tighter.  “It’s my fault!  It’s all my fault!  I’m the one to blame! Me!  My fault!”
 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N:  So Jongup is feeling guilty because he thinks that they got into that situation because of him and because he hesitated in going back down the alley to help Yongguk and Himchan.
 
Tell me what you think :)
 
Sorry there wasn't really any Daehyun and Youngjae in this one.  I'll try to have more of them as well as more Zelo and Himchan moments in the next chapter.  :)  Have a nice week!