Salvation

Scars

 

A/N:  Hi!  So this is the last chapter.
Thank you all for your love, dedication, and support.  Thanks to all who subscribed and to all who commented. :D
As promised, this chapter is mostly BangUp.  I hope that you like it.  Let me know what you think about this chapter and the entire fic as a whole.  Happy holidays to all!  Bye-bye now!  Annyeong! :D
 
tumblr_migidlIOUI1r1h7ego1_500.gif
 
 
 
 
For the first time, Yongguk really, truly felt jealous of the other members.  Himchan and Zelo were dating, and happily so despite the many times that Himchan might yell out that he’s the hyung.  Even Daehyun and Youngjae finally stopped butting into everyone else’s business and paid a little attention to their own, realizing that they both had feelings for each other that went beyond those of just friends.
 
And their relationships were healthy and helpful too.  With Daehyun and Youngjae dating, they spent less time analyzing everyone else’s relationships, or just irritating the others (mostly Himchan).  Also, now that Himchan and Zelo were dating, Himchan was getting better at being alone.  Himchan and Zelo spent a lot of time together, but they also made sure to spend time apart, so that Himchan wouldn’t become dependent of Zelo, and so that the maknae wouldn’t constantly worry and feel that Himchan needed him 24/7.
 
Yongguk sighed.  It was unfair how Himchan and Zelo and even Daehyun and Youngjae got to be so happy and in love, but he was still being avoided by Jongup.  After Jongup confessed to having feelings for the leader and telling Yongguk not to respond and to forget about it, anytime Yongguk gets near Jongup, the younger either quickly leaves or hastily starts a conversation with whichever member is closest to him.
 
The others sensed what was going on between the two, and Daehyun and Youngjae may have tried to stay out of it, which surprised the others, but Himchan and Zelo jumped right into the middle.
 
Himchan quickly took the defense of Jongup, without even knowing the situation.  He tried to keep Yongguk away from Jongup at all times, worried that the oldest may have somehow hurt the dancer.  Zelo on the other hand would try to convince Jongup to talk to the leader, without being overbearing or pushy.
 
Yongguk was happy when he realized that Zelo was in a way helping him, but that happiness didn’t last when he realized that Jongup didn’t plan on listening to the maknae’s advice.  Yongguk sighed again.
 
“Will you stop moping?” Youngjae asked.  “You’re bringing everyone else down.”
 
Daehyun rubbed Youngjae’s shoulders.  “Just because you’re not getting any, doesn’t mean…”
 
“Dae!” Youngjae shouted, face turning red as an apple.  “Shut up,” he whispered as he slapped the older’s hands away.
 
“Getting any?!” Himchan asked from the doorway, hands on his hips.  “You two better not be doing anything dirty!  You’re too young!  And just when would you have time to ‘get any’ anyway?  We all sleep in the same room?!”
 
Youngjae just blushed more while Daehyun shyly grinned and scratched the back of his head.  Himchan rolled his eyes and looked at the oldest to say something, but Yongguk was off in his own world.
 
Himchan sighed.  “You two,” he said, gesturing at Daehyun and Youngjae, “go get ready.  You’re coming with me and Zelo to get groceries.”
 
“Wae?  We went last time,” Daehyun complained.
 
“Why do four people need to go anyway?” Youngjae asked.  “Then again, someone needs to monitor you and Zelo’s behavior in public.”
 
“Yah!” Himchan shouted.  “Go get ready!”
 
Daehyun and Youngjae snickered as they began to scurry off, but not before Daehyun added, “It’s not our fault you decided to make out with the maknae in the park.”
 
Himchan just frowned at the backs of the retreating vocalists before turning back to Yongguk.  He called the leader’s name at least three times, but Yongguk never responded, so he snapped his fingers in front of the rapper’s face.
 
Yongguk blinked and shook his head when he realized that Himchan was trying to get his attention.  “Wae?” he asked, looking at the frowning ulzzang.
 
“I don’t know what you did to Jonguppie, but you have to fix it,” Himchan said, hands back on his hips.  Yongguk opened his mouth to deny doing anything to Jongup, but Himchan continued.  “I might have been trying to keep you away from Jongup,” Yongguk glared at the thought, “but I’m not going to anymore.  I think the two of you need to face this head on… whatever it is.  Just apologize already.”
 
Yongguk glared at Himchan, but stayed calm and replied, “There’s nothing for me to apologize for.”
 
“Whatever,” Himchan responded, waving his hand uncaringly.  “Just fix this before we get back.”
 
“Get back?” Yongguk repeated, confused.  Just then Daehyun, Youngjae, and Zelo all came into the room and told Himchan that they were ready.
 
“Bye, hyung!” Zelo called out as he followed Daehyun and Youngjae out of the dorm.
 
“Fix it,” Himchan said sternly before he too left, closing the door to their dorm behind him.
 
“Where are they going?” Yongguk mumbled to himself.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Moontos~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Jongup sat in the bathroom, rocking back and forth, waiting for the others to return.  He begged Himchan not to leave him alone with Yongguk, or to even let him go with them, but Himchan refused, saying that he and Yongguk needed to work things out.
 
Jongup sighed.  He was too scared to face Yongguk.  Even though he told the older not to say anything, not to accept his feelings nor reject them, he just knew that Yongguk was going to do just that, and Jongup didn’t think that he could take it.  He was surprised that he hadn’t had a heart attack in the past few days.  Any time he saw or heard the leader, his heartbeat would quicken, and his chest would feel tight.  Just the mention of the oldest made it hard for the dancer to breathe.
 
He felt like crying.  Deep down, he knew that Himchan was right, and he needed to settle things with Yongguk so that they could move on and stop the tense and awkward atmosphere that was hanging over all of them.  Jongup slapped his cheeks and blinked back the tears in his eyes.  He took a deep breath and placed his hand over his chest, willing his heart to calm down.  He nodded and slowly exited the bathroom.
 
Jongup couldn’t bring himself to call out to Yongguk, so he instead just went in search of the leader.  He wasn’t in the living room.  Yongguk wasn’t in the kitchen either.  Jongup checked Yongguk’s personal room, where the oldest worked on songs, but Jongup saw that the rapper wasn’t in there either.  Jongup was wondering where the leader was when he heard a crash coming from near the back of the dorm, where their bedroom was.
 
Jongup quickly ran to the bedroom to see Yongguk curled up on the floor in front of the mirror having a fit.  Jongup had an idea as to what was going on when he saw that Yongguk was shirtless.
 
“Hyung!” Jongup called, running over to Yongguk and falling to his knees, pulling the oldest up into his lap.
 
“Ani, ani, aniya!” Yongguk mumbled, shaking and grinding his teeth.  Beads of sweat were forming on his forehead.  His eyes were shut tightly and fists balled up.
 
“Hyung!  It’s okay, hyung!” Jongup said, trying to shake Yongguk out of his stupor.  “Yonggukkie-hyung, it’s over!  No one’s hurting you now!”
 
But no matter how many times Jongup called out to Yongguk, the older never pulled out of his day scare.  Jongup was beginning to panic.  He didn’t know what to do to help Yongguk.
 
“I can’t help him,” Jongup mumbled.  His eyes widen as the realization hit him.  “I… I can’t help him!”  Tears started to fall down his face as his fear hit him.  “Yonggukie-hyung, I can’t help you!  I can’t… I can’t…”
 
Jongup shook his head and balled up his hands.  He shook off the fear that was creeping up on him.  He didn’t have time to have a breakdown too.  He brought his fists up to his eyes and furiously wiped at his wet eyes.  “Ani, I have to… I have to try!”
 
After wiping his face, Jongup pulled Yongguk closer to him and hugged the leader’s torso.
 
“Yonggukkie… I… you’re fine now,” Jongup whispered.  “I’m here with you.”  Jongup’s eyes were still watery, and he was wondering what he could possibly do to help the older, when he realized that Yongguk had calmed down a bit since Jongup hugged the leader.
 
Jongup got an idea.  He had remembered something.  He slowly dragged Yongguk over to the nearest bed, which was Himchan’s because the ulzzang just had to be close to the mirror.  Jongup placed Yongguk on the bed and ran to the bathroom.  He quickly ran back with a bottle in his hand.
 
“It’s okay, Yonggukie-hyung.  I’m here,” Jongup said, rolling Yongguk onto his stomach and twisting the cap off of the bottle and squeezing a bit of the cream out of the bottle.  Rubbing it in his hands, Jongup slowly leaned over Yongguk’s back, looking at the nasty scar glaring back at him.
 
Jongup began to rub the cream over Yongguk’s scar on his back.  Almost as soon as Jongup started to rub the cream in, Yongguk stopped twitching.
 
“Hyung?” Jongup called, but Yongguk still didn’t respond.  His breathing was labored, but it was obvious that Yongguk was calming down.
 
Jongup started to get mesmerized as he traced intricate patterns along Yongguk’s scar.  Characters.  He was tracing characters that spelled out ‘Please get better,’ ‘I’m here for you,’ ‘Yongguk-hyung is brave and strong,’ and ‘saranghaeyo.’
 
Yongguk sighed and slightly turned his head to the side.  “Jong… Jonguppie?” he asked quietly, his voice hoarse.
 
“Ne,” Jongup responded, sitting back and helping Yongguk to roll over.
 
“Don’t stop,” Yongguk gasped out.
 
Jongup nodded furiously and applied more cream to his hands before rubbing it into the scar on Yongguk’s chest.  He couldn’t get himself to say anything.  As soon as he flipped Yongguk over, he saw that the older had tears in his eyes.  He never saw the leader look so broken before.
 
“I know that… you’re- you’re scared that I’m g- going to break your… heart,” Yongguk mumbled.  His voice was barely audible and broken up, but Jongup heard him just fine.  The dancer stilled.  He stopped breathing, but his heart pounded wildly in his chest as he waited for what the oldest was going to say.  “I don’t want… to br- break your heart, but please… jebal, don’t break mine.”
 
Jongup finally looked into Yongguk’s eyes to see the older silently crying, and somehow Jongup just knew that those tears weren’t shed from the pain that those scars were causing him.
 
“I don’t understand,” Jongup whispered, oblivious.
 
Yongguk smiled softly at Jongup and grabbed the younger’s hand that was hovering over his scar on his chest.  “Please,” Yongguk said, “don’t leave me.  I need you.  You… just you!”  Jongup sat back a bit, eyes widening.  “Because,” Yongguk continued, “I’m in love with you.”
 
Jongup gasped and pulled his hand out of Yongguk’s to cover his mouth.  Jongup turned his head, looking away from Yongguk and mumbling, “I never imagined that you… could feel the same way.  If this is because of what Daehy…”
 
“This has nothing to do with Daehyun and Youngjae,” Yongguk said surely.  “I care so much about you, and I did even before those two said anything.  I didn’t realize it, but there was a reason why it bothered me so much when you were so quiet after that ‘incident’ and why I didn’t even care what happened to me because I was just happy that you weren’t hurt.”
 
Jongup looked at Yongguk quietly, tears slowly streaming down his face.
 
“I knew it when you first touched my scars,” Yongguk admitted.  “Molla, somehow it just hit me.  I love you, Jongup.  Saranghaeyo!  So please, don’t ignore me anymore.  I need you.”
 
Jongup smiled and bashfully looked down, but didn’t say anything.  He brought his hand back to Yongguk’s scar on his chest and started to trace it again.  His cheeks were reddening, and he was trying to calm down because he felt like he could jump out of his skin and run around their dorm multiple times, cheering and hollering.  Jongup smiled more at the thought that Yongguk really truly loved him.
 
Jongup gasped and jumped when Yongguk suddenly grabbed his hand.  He looked at the older questioningly, but Yongguk only smiled at Jongup and slowly began to lead the dancer’s hand further south, all the while staring into Jongup’s eyes.
 
Jongup got caught in Yongguk’s stare as he felt his fingertips brush over the leader’s abs.  When he one of his fingers slightly dipped down into the older’s navel, his eyes widened when he realized that Yongguk was bringing his hand further down… slowly, very slowly.
 
Jongup opened his mouth, but not knowing what to say.  Was the leader really going to have him touch the older in that area?
 
Yongguk smirked as if he realized what Jongup was thinking, and all of a sudden Yongguk brought Jongup’s hand over to the side to let the dancer’s hand rest on his hip.
 
“This scar has been neglected,” Yongguk whispered, still looking up into Jongup’s eyes.
 
The younger closed his mouth and slowly nodded.  He looked down and away from Yongguk’s eyes, ashamed at his earlier thoughts.  He blushed as he realized that he was slightly desiring what he thought the older was leading him to do.
 
Yongguk chuckled, drawing Jongup out of his thoughts.  It was like the leader knew what was going on in Jongup’s head, causing the younger to blush even more.
 
“You’re cute,” Yongguk said, cupping Jongup’s cheek and making the younger look at him.  “Do you know that?”
 
Jongup just eyed Yongguk before he huskily mumbled, “Hyung,” and leaned forward.
 
For a split second, Yongguk was surprised at Jongup’s boldness, but he quickly shook off that shock and leaned in to meet the younger halfway.  Their lips met in a soft, gentle kiss.  They pulled a part.  Yongguk was smiling.  Jongup was touching his lips, looking stunned.
 
“I’ve wanted to do that for a while,” Yongguk admitted.
 
Jongup looked at Yongguk, still touching his lips.  He dropped his hand and smiled.  Faster than before, Jongup leaned down again, but he didn’t wait for Yongguk to lean in as well.  Jongup practically jumped on Yongguk.  The dancer was kissing the older furiously, his lips demanding.
 
Once again Yongguk was shocked, but he quickly started to kiss Jongup back.  He didn’t plan on being outdone.  Yongguk slowed down Jongup’s fast, hungry pace, but not too slow.  Their lips were moving together passionately, tongues dancing sensuously.  Yongguk smirked when he heard Jongup moan.  Slowly he twisted their bodies so that Jongup was lying beneath him.  He pulled back and admired the dancer.
 
“Saranghaeyo, Up,” Yongguk said.
 
Jongup smiled.  “Nado saranghae, Gukkie-hyung.”  Yongguk smiled at Jongup’s response before he dipped his head down and started to kiss Jongup again.
 
“We’re back!” Zelo shouted.
 
“Yah!” Himchan screeched.
 
Yongguk and Jongup sprang a part and looked at the bedroom doorway to see a furious looking Himchan.  Zelo was right next to Himchan, looking surprised and a little embarrassed.  Daehyun’s and Youngjae’s heads were poking out from behind Himchan and Zelo.  They both looked smug as they snickered.
 
Himchan turned his glare to the two behind him, which successfully got the vocals to run off.  Himchan then turned to Zelo and asked through clenched teeth, “Will you give me a minute with these two?”
 
Zelo just looked back and forth between the blushing couple and his boyfriend before he slowly nodded and silently left the room.
 
Himchan closed the bedroom door as soon as Zelo left and turned to the remaining two in the room.
 
“Before you say anything,” Yongguk said, standing up and holding his hand up as if telling Himchan to wait a minute, “remember I’m the oldest, and I’m the leader.”
 
“Some leader!” Himchan shouted.  “I told you to work things out with Jonguppie, not molest him!”
 
“Molest him?!” Yongguk shouted back.
 
“That’s what it looked like to me!” Himchan yelled before grabbing Jongup’s hand and pulling the younger into an overprotective hug.
 
“I wasn’t molesting him!” Yongguk argued.  “It’s not like I was kissing him while he was asleep!”
 
Himchan scowled.  “Why you…!”
 
“I wanted it!” Jongup shouted all of a sudden, interrupting Himchan.
 
“Mwo?” Himchan asked, looking at Jongup, still in his hold.
 
Jongup slowly pushed out of Himchan’s arms and made his way over to Yongguk.  “Gukkie- I mean, Yongguk-hyung didn’t molest me.  We were just kissing, and I wanted to,” Jongup said confidently before he blushed and looked down at his shuffling feet.  He quietly mumbled, “I actually kind of wanted more.”
 
Himchan’s eyes widened.  “See!” he hollered, pointing at Yongguk.  “You’re corrupting him!”
 
Yongguk just snorted and rolled his eyes at Himchan’s behavior.
 
Himchan waited for the leader to say something, but when he saw that Yongguk didn’t plan on saying anything, he once again grabbed Jongup’s hand and made to leave the room.  “Come on, Jongup,” he said, “let’s go somewhere else.”
 
“Himchan,” Yongguk said sternly, not liking Himchan taking Jongup away.
 
Himchan was going to ignore Yongguk, but stopped when Jongup jerked his hand out of Himchan’s grasp.
 
“Jonguppie,” Himchan said, surprised.
 
“I love him,” Jongup responded, stepping back to Yongguk, who placed his arm around the younger’s waist.
 
Yongguk smirked at Himchan before saying, “Don’t be a hypocrite.  You would make out with Zelo all day long if Daehyun and Youngjae weren’t around to gloat.”
 
Himchan pouted.  “Zelo’s the one who’s always kissing me!”
 
Yongguk and Jongup just smiled at that.
 
Himchan sighed.  “Ara, ara,” he said.  “Fine!  But you better leave this door open.  And don’t get any dirty ideas from Daehyun and Youngjae!  If I even think that things are getting out of control I’ll have you two separated, and then I’ll get Zelo to nag the both of you!”
 
Yongguk smiled and replied, “I understand.”  Jongup nodded along.
 
Himchan looked at Yongguk and Jongup one last time and smiled.  “Take care of each other,” he whispered before leaving the room.
 
Yongguk and Jongup then turned to each other.  Jongup was grinning while Yongguk rolled his eyes.
 
“He’s so dramatic,” Yongguk said before he pulled Jongup over to his bed.
 
Jongup eyes got bigger when he realized that they were going over to Yongguk’s bed.  “But Himchan-hyung said that if we…”
 
Yongguk brought his finger up to Jongup’s mouth, shushing the younger.  He chuckled and said, “I didn’t realize that you had such a dirty mind.”  Jongup blushed and looked down.  “I just wanted to talk with you.”
 
“Oh,” Jongup mumbled.
 
“If we end up kissing in between our talking,” Yongguk whispered, shrugging, “well we can’t help that.”  Jongup secretly smiled as they sat down.
 
Yongguk lied back and pulled Jongup back with him.  He pulled the younger closer to him.  Jongup snuggled up to the older and blushed when he realized that Yongguk still didn’t have a shirt on.
 
“Himchan has gotten a lot better since being with Zelo,” Yongguk said slowly.  “Maybe I won’t be burdened by my scars if you stay by my side.”
 
Jongup frowned and sat up.  “Is that why you want me?” he asked.  “Because…”
 
“Ani,” Yongguk answered, interrupting Jongup and pulling the younger back down.  “I love you for you, not for what you can do for me.  If I have to, I will go through the pain of relieving that day over and over, just so long as I can be with you.  Nothing else matters to me, but you.  Only you.”
 
Jongup smiled and began to run his fingertip along Yongguk’s skin.  “I was so scared when I saw you on the ground.  I panicked.  I started to feel like how I felt when we were in the hospital, like I failed you.”
 
“You didn’t fail me,” Yongguk said, pulling Jongup closer and kissing the top of the dancer’s head.  “You saved me.  No wonder Babyz call you Moontos.  You’re definitely an angel, and I’m blessed that you want to help me.”
 
Jongup smiled and continued tracing along Yongguk’s skin.  A circle, his fingertip was just going in circles, but for some reason he couldn’t stop.
 
“I’m blessed that you feel the same way as me,” Jongup replied, earning a smile from Yongguk.
 
“We might still be scarred from what happened,” Yongguk said, “but as long as we’re together we will overcome this.”
 
“Ne,” Jongup agreed, nodding.
 
“I love you, Up.  You are my salvation.” Yongguk said, kissing the top of Jongup’s head again.
 
“I love you more, Gukkie-hyung,” Jongup replied.
 
Yongguk smiled at the younger’s response.  They lied there in a comfortable silence, before Yongguk just couldn’t take it anymore.  He had to know.  “Hey, Up.”
 
“Ne, hyung?” Jongup replied absentmindedly, too into his finger pattern.
 
“Why are you circling my ?” Yongguk asked.
 
“Huh?” Jongup looked and realized that the circle he had been tracing on Yongguk’s shirtless body was in fact along the older’s .  Jongup’s eyes widened, and he hastily pulled his hand back.  “Mianhe,” he said, blushing.  He hadn’t realized what he was doing.
 
Yongguk just chuckled.  “You’re cute,” he said.  He shook his head and added, “I never knew you were so dirty-minded, though.”
 
Jongup just blushed even more.
 
~END~
 
tumblr_msmc2rIxe21rbbdkio2_250.gif
^ Aww, so cute >.<
 
tumblr_mxyqyy37Uo1shu4apo1_500.gif
^ Himchan looks like he doesn't approve, but actually he's just annoyed that
he and Zelo have more competition in the hottest couple contest, which only
exists in his mind. ;)
 
tumblr_msmc2rIxe21rbbdkio1_250.gif
^ It looks like Yongguk is in the perfect
position to nibble on Jongup's ear.
>///<    Ugh, the imagery!
Himchan would not approve.