Grocery Shopping

Scars
“Haven’t you grown tired of tomatoes yet?” Himchan asked as he put on his jacket, preparing to go to the neighborhood supermarket.
 
Zelo gasped as if what Himchan had said was the most absurd thing in the world.  “Not just any tomatoes… cherry tomatoes!  And I’ll never get tired of cherry tomatoes,” the maknae replied.
 
Himchan chuckled and tussled Zelo’s hair.  “Ne, fine,” he mumbled to the youngest before he shouted out, “Who’s coming with me?”
 
Zelo had to study since he was still in school, so he wasn’t going to be able to go with Himchan.  Instead, the older looked pointedly at Daehyun and Youngjae, who were in the room.
 
“Uh… I have to do something,” Daehyun mumbled.
 
“Do what?” Himchan asked, raising an eyebrow and placing his hands on his hips.
 
Daehyun looked stumped as he tried to come up with an excuse, so Youngjae came to his rescue.  “We need to do vocal warm ups,” the younger vocalist said before quickly jumped up and ran out of the room, dragging Daehyun behind him.
 
“Yah!  Get back here!” Himchan yelled after them.  “What vocal warm ups!?  You don’t have to perform anytime soon!”
 
Zelo laughed at Himchan before he followed after Daehyun and Youngjae.  Himchan was left alone in the room, pouting until he saw Jongup walk into the room.
 
“Jonguppie!” Himchan said enthusiastically as he approached the dancer and hugged him.
 
Jongup pulled back from Himchan and looked at the older, confused.  He opened his mouth to ask what Himchan was doing, but Himchan pulled Jongup into another hug, silencing the younger.
 
“You’ll go to the store with me, won’t you Jonguppie?” Himchan asked, pouting and acting cutesy.
 
Jongup went to answer Himchan, but Himchan interrupted him.
 
“Jonguppie is such a good dongsaeng.”  Jongup chuckled at Himchan’s attempt to kiss up to him.  “Jonguppie is the best dongsaeng.  My favorite!”
 
“What’s going on in here?” Yongguk asked as he too walked into the room, holding a worn out notebook in his hand.
 
“I was asking Jonguppie if he would come with me to the supermarket,” Himchan replied before he looked pleadingly at Jongup.
 
Jongup nodded his head and responded, “I’ll go.”
 
Himchan smiled brightly and patted Jongup on the back.  “You’ll go!?  Now I don’t have to go, because you’ll go for me!”  Himchan went to walk off, leaving Jongup behind.  Jongup was just standing there, mouth gaping open, confused as to what just happened.
 
Yongguk smirked and shook his head.  “Stop teasing him.  You know that’s not how he meant it,” the leader said to Himchan, who pouted.
 
“I know, I know.  I was only joking,” Himchan responded.  “Araso, let’s go, Jonguppie, before it gets too late.”
 
Jongup nodded as he followed Himchan towards the front door.
 
“I’ll come too,” Yongguk said as he walked behind them.
 
“Mwo!?  Yonggukkie is going to go to the supermarket with us!?” Himchan asked dramatically.
 
“Ne, there are some things that I need to get,” Yongguk replied.
 
Himchan leaned over and whispered to Jongup, “Must be a new notebook.  That old one is ready to retire.”
 
As the three made it out of the dorm, they headed towards the closest supermarket, which was only three blocks away.  Himchan was talking nonstop the whole way there, while Yongguk, on his right side, got in a few words here and there, but that was fine because Yongguk wasn’t such a talkative person like Himchan.  Jongup walked on Himchan’s left side and just quietly listened to his hyungs’ practically one-sided conversation.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~After Getting Groceries~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
When they left the supermarket, Jongup heard soft meowing and saw a grey cat, just up ahead of them.
 
“Hyung, here,” Jongup said as he passed Himchan the bags that he was carrying and went to go pet the little kitty, but it avoided him.
 
“Jongup, leave that cat alone,” Himchan said as he watched Jongup try to catch the small cat.
 
Yongguk laughed because he knew that Himchan was only saying that because Himchan had to carry more bags while Jongup chased the cat.  “You just don’t want to carry all of those bags,” Yongguk said to Himchan.
 
The second oldest pouted and whined, “They’re so heavy, and Jonguppie is so strong.”
 
Yongguk laughed again and shook his head.  “Come on, Jongup, let’s go.”
 
“Ne!” Jongup responded as Yongguk and Himchan began to walk off.  He had wanted to pet the grey cat, but every time he was just an inch away from the small cat, it would scurry off just a few feet.  Jongup pouted a bit before waving at the cat and running to catch up with Yongguk and Himchan.
 
“Finally!” Himchan cried out enthusiastically.  “Here, take some of these,” Himchan said, as he began to hand Jongup more bags than Jongup had initially given him, but Jongup didn’t take any.
 
“Ah, hold on, hyung.”  Jongup paused from taking the bags because he heard the cat crying out.  When he turned around, he saw the grey kitty sitting near an alley, looking at him and meowing as if the cat was calling him.  Seeing it as his chance to finally pet the cat, Jongup went back to the feline.
 
“Jongup~” Himchan whined when he realized that Jongup wasn’t going to be taking any of the groceries.
 
Yongguk turned around to see what Himchan was fussing about when he saw Jongup chasing the cat into a dark alley.
 
“Jongup!” Yongguk called out before shoving the bags he was carrying into Himchan’s arms and running after Jongup.  “Don’t go down there.”
 
“Yah!  I can’t carry all these!” Himchan yelled out as he tried to keep from dropping all of the groceries.