Chapter 5

Missing

January 4, 2012

  Sitting up on my bed, I happened to wake up just before the set alarm rang. I quickly set it off before it woke Jinki up. All the commotion woke my puppy up and Yong peeped at the bottom of the bed. It seemed to already know my plan. I put on my jacket as the smart pup fetched for its leash.

  I wrote a small note to Jinki before I left and placed it on the short table beside where he slept. The note basically told him that I would be back by 9:30 a.m., so there was no need to panic and think I was kidnapped. The last part was obviously a joke.

  Today’s morning walk would be a bit longer than usual and would last for two hours if things go my way. Since I had been taking care of Jinki these past few days, I hadn’t had the time to walk Yong. Thus, I’m walking an extra hour right now.

 

  Jinki sat up on the bed, cold beads of sweat trickling down his neck. He had a nightmare, despite not remembering anything about it. Turning to his left, he expected to see his savior there, still sleeping.

  He was wrong though; there were only pillows and a scrunched up blanket pushed to the very corner of her bed. He saw a small yellow sheet of paper on the short table on his right.

Dear Jinki,

I’ll be back by 9:30 a.m. with Yong.

There is no need to panic. I am not kidnapped!

P.S. There is food in the fridge if you’re hungry.

Hye Jung

 

  Yong? Jinki scratched his head and remembered that the dog’s name was Yong. It was only 8:30, and he thought he already woke up early. He sat on the bed for a moment and realized he had nothing to do. Somehow, it felt like the first time in a long while, despite not knowing the reason. Alas, the boy felt adventurous decided that he would give himself a tour around the house.

  After exploring, Jinki felt that it was just an ordinary house.

  There were 3 bedrooms. One was certainly Hye Jung’s, the second room must belong to her grandparents since he saw a portrait of an old couple when he peeked inside, and for all he could tell, the remaining room used to be a bedroom for the bed was now buried under miscellaneous antiques.

  The washroom he had already visited last night was nothing out of the ordinary, there was a sink, a toilet, a place to shower and a bathtub. You know, the standard things you have in a bathroom.

  Then there was the living room, which to him looked like one of those Japanese living rooms since it had a short table at the middle and cushions surrounding each side. The design seemed modern and simple.

  A sliding door in the living room revealed a garden that was covered in snow, there was also a porch there which allowed one to sit down and admire the garden, but Jinki decided that it was way too cold to do that.

  The house felt more Japanese than Korean to him and he found it strange, the outer appearance was that of a normal Korean house, but the inside felt Japanese.

  Hearing his stomach growl, Jinki brushed the thought away as he hurried to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. There wasn’t much in the fridge, just some kimchi, left over rice and some eggs. It took him quite a while since he was inexperienced with cooking in another kitchen. With much difficulty, he made kimchi fried rice and egg soup with the ingredients.

  Just as he was about to place the food onto the short table, Hye Jung entered the living room along with the dog. She was evidently sweating; maybe she went for a run? Jinki thought.

 

  “You’re just in time, I made breakfast!” Jinki grinned.

  “Thanks Jinki” I replied with a smile and sat on one of the cushions. I’m not a bad cook, but it sure is nice to have someone else cook once in a while.

  “Not bad” I gave him a nod of approval whilst taking a bite of the food; the fried rice wasn’t bad at all.

  “You’re a pretty good cook” I said giving him a thumb up, I could see his face slightly redden with the compliment and it made me giggle.

  “W-What?” Jinki asked looking at me as he stopped eating.

  “Nothing, nothing” I tried my best to keep a straight face to which I failed.

  “Yahhh, you punk!” He shouted and I burst into laughter. (To hear that line, click here and watch 0:38)

  I just don’t know why, but for some reason his “You punk” phrase got me laughing really hard. He stared at me dumbfounded and went back to eating.

  The mood went from fun to icy cold in an instant.

  “Umm... Can I ask you a question?” He looked up, breaking the short silence.

  “You just did. Ask away.”

  “How come your house is so… Japanese?”

  “Ahh… My erm… Dad was an architect and he was really into Japanese culture at the time he built this for my grandparents. Hence, turning out like this.” I said looking around. Not to mention he used most of the savings to make it look modern.

  “And you’re living alone?” He continued carefully.

  “No, no. My grandma is visiting a friend of hers in Seoul. She’ll be back in a few days.”

  I saw Jinki looked back to the bowl in front of him and continued to eat.

  “ So. Uh… Do you remember anything? Before you came here, I mean.” I asked cautiously.

  “No, nothing. I just don’t know why I can’t remember anything.”

  “Don’t worry. Just take it slow, I’m sure they’ll come back to you soon. There’s no need to rush, okay?” He gave me a hopeful look and a silent nod.  

 

 

AT SM ENTERTAINMENT

  The team of directors had finally decided to contact the police after three days since Shinee’s leader went missing. They told them the details of the car crash and Onew’s personal details, but nothing regards his status as a singer. They also did not provide Onew’s picture in fear that this whole incident will become known to the public. The team only provided details on what he looked like and his height.

  There was a risk with not giving the police Onew’s picture, but it was a risk the management was willing to take because it would be a bigger problem if the whole world knew about this.

  Just imagine fans going crazy, SM’s stocks rapidly dropping and other artists affected by all of this. It’s all going to attract unwanted negative attention. The police were told that this was top secret and any news regarding this person shall be reported to the management team immediately and none of this was going to be reported to the public.

   It doesn’t make sense as to how much effort the company pays just to not let anyone know anything about the accident and they are giving it their all so that no one suspects anything.

 

 

_________________________________________

Please excuse this boring chapter!

I had to give you guys a heads up and a bit of Hye Jung's background.

Hope you guys still stick with me.

I'll try to make the future chapters more fun.

Please do feel free to give me ideas. I'll try to include them in future chapters.

 

By the way, today is already December 1~

Ermagoddddd, I can literally see Christmas right around the corner~

And that two of our precious Shinee members, dibidibidis my name is Minho and dubu leader Onew, are having their birthdays this month!

Happy holidays my dear readers~ And thank you so much for subscribing!

 

Picture credits to the original owners.