Chapter 15

Missing

January 16,2013

  “Aegi-yah(kid), what’s your name?” The child didn’t even bother to look at Jinki, even after the older had fed him some kimbap.

Oh, when was Hye Jung going to come back?

  Jinki hesitated for a bit before asking again, a bit louder this time. He reckoned the kid couldn’t hear him through his mask. He looked at Yoogeun, there was something about this kid.

  “Aegi-yah, what’s your na-“

 

  “Jinki-yah, how did you possibly get my joke righ- ” I ran back to Jinki and a new face I’ve never seen before.

  My trip to the washroom wasn’t the best. I threw up my lunch and breakfast apparently. All because of my stupid motion sickness, I easily feel dizzy after riding roller coasters and most modes of transportation.  But thank goodness I didn’t eat a lot, or I would have wasted a lot of food.

  I stared at Jinki and mouthed to him asking who this kid was. He shrugged and I focused my attention on the kid.

  Kneeling down to match the child’s height, I gave him a small smile.

  “Aegi-yah, are you lost?” I asked softly, not wanting to scare the kid.

  The child looked up at Jinki for a moment and shook his head.

  That’s strange. Did Jinki know this child?

  “I’m Hye Jung and this is Jinki. Call me noona!” I beamed.

  “My name is Jung Yoogeun. I’m 6 years old.” Yoogeun gave me a short bow before ending his introduction with an adorable smile on his face.

  “Aigoo, such a polite kid.” I ruffled Yoogeun’s hair before whispering to Jinki, “Do you know this child?”

  He shrugged his shoulders. If he didn’t know, then how come Yoogeun looked at him a while ago?

  “Yoogunie, shall we go to look for your parents?”

  He pouted and gave me scowl.

  It seemed like he had other plans.

 

  “Why aren’t we at the Lost & Found Centre yet?” Hye Jung whispered to Jinki.

  “Because he doesn’t want to.” Jinki replied in a low voice. Jinki remembered Yoogeun bawling just a little while ago because he wanted to play instead of wait for his guardians to pick him up. He shuddered.

  “Yoogeun-ah, let’s go find your family.” Hye Jung persuaded the kid.

  “Shiro(No)!” He gave Hye Jung and Jinki a funny look.

  “Noona, I want to go and the pet the animals!” Yoogeun held Jinki’s and Hye Jung’s hand before excitedly walking to the petting zoo. The little boy literally ignored her previous statement. At least he called her “noona” and not “ahjumma”. That was always a good sign.

  “Which animal does Yoogeun want to pet first?” A masked Jinki asked.

  “I want to pet the rabbit! We don’t have rabbits at home.” The boy replied eagerly.

  “But then, does Yoogeunnie have pet duck at home?” This time, Hye Jung chimed in.

  “No, we don’t. I want to pet the duck too.”

  “Then what pet does Yoogeun have at home?” Jinki asked the kid another question, though his focus was elsewhere.  This kid...

  “Yoogeun has a pet dog at home! Its name is Mocha, because its color is brown. Like poop!” Yoogeun grinned.

  “Why didn’t you call him ‘Poop’ then?” Jinki muttered to himself absentmindedly, not really expecting an answer. The younger heard his question though.

  “I told umma that I wanted to call it ‘Pooh’, but she says it’s not a good name. So, my noona gave it the name ‘Mocha’ because she loves mocha very much and she says the color is the same.” Yoogeun answered in one long breath.

  “Mocha must a very pretty dog.” Hye Jung used her free hand to lightly poke Jinki’s cheek. He pretended to bite her finger as a reply. However, the mask prevented Hye Jung from seeing it.

  “I see guinea pigs!” Yoogeun shouted before taking off by himself, letting go of both Jinki’s and Hye Jung’s hands.

  “Jinki, he’s going to the guinea pig pen.”

  He was suddenly brought back to earth and unable to find Yoogeun beside him.

  Jinki made a dash for Yoogeun while Hye Jung followed behind. Of course, being the guy, he ran faster than her although he isn’t really quick, but he got to him first.

  However, he was suddenly hesitant about holding Yoogeun because something in him told him not to. Despite being unable to explain it, he somehow felt that he shouldn’t touch him. It wasn’t because he was disgusted of Yoogeun or anything like that. No, nothing like that at all.

  In fact, he found the kid adorable. With his big doe-like eyes and cute button nose, he was sure that this kid would grow up to be an ulzzang or even better, an idol in the entertainment industry.

  “Jinki-yah, why didn’t you hold his hand?  You got here first.” Hye Jung panted with a hint of sternness in her voice.

  “Oh... I... Uh... I don’t think I should hold him.”

  “Why ever not?” Hye Jung regained her composure and held Yoogeun’s free hand, fearing that he might take off again.

  “I just think I shouldn’t...” The brunette looked at his feet, feeling a bit apologetic.

  “It’s alright Jinki.” Using her left hand, Hye Jung gave his shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

 

  He doesn’t want to hold Yoogeun. Maybe it has something to do with his past?

 “Noona, look! It’s eating!” Yoogeun squealed happily as the guinea pig ate tiny food pellets out of his hand.

  I looked at him smiling. Jinki seemed to be zoning out all the while we were roaming round the petting zoo. I had to gently tug his sleeve to tell him that we were going to move to another part of the mini zoo.

  “Yoogeunnie, look! It’s a sheep.” I told the bouncing little guy.

  I put my hand near the fence, Yoogeun copied my actions.

  Sheep came to us and let us pat its heads. Yoogeun giggled as he touched the lamb’s head. The lamb’s mouth might be tickling his hand. Or that he was feeling pride from his “achievement. It’s just a guess, but wouldn’t all 6 year olds feel proud upon feeding a lamb? I know I would if I got to do that when I was his age.

  “Noona! Noona! Aren’t I amazing?” Just as I guessed, he was feeling proud of this accomplishment of his. Yoogeun then flashed me a charming grin.

  “Yes you are! Isn’t he, Jinki?”

  “Uhh... Yes, yes. Good job, Yoogeun”

  Why did he seem so distant? It’s like he was trying to avoid any physical contact with Yoogeun...  I don’t think he is afraid though.

  “Noona, noona! I want to ride that!” Yoogeun tugged on my hand, pulling me to the queue while I dragged Jinki along.

  And I had an idea.

 

___________________________________________

Hello my lovely subbies, here is another chapter.

I'd like to apologize for having you guys wait so long for this chapter. 

I just entered uni and I have so many things to do...

 

Anyways, did you guys guess the identity of the kid correctly? 

It's the one only <3 

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter,

please leave me comments down below on what you'd like to see or how I can improve.

I'd love to hear from you guys =)

And if you haven't yet, it would be great if you could subscribe<3

 

Love, 

Tiff