Chapter 10

Missing

  January 13, 2012

  “Ahh, get up, up, get up.”  A mildly irritated Kibum croaked to his still sleeping hyung and maknae. They had a filming schedule today and he did not want to be late. Seeing no response from them, he took a deep breath. (Please click here, it starts at 0:28)

  “WAKE UP~ GET UP! QUICKLY GET UP!”

  Finally, some movement from Jonghyun!

  But, he slumped back to his bed as soon as Kibum stopped.

  “IT’S TIME TO GO TO WORK! NEED TO GO MAKE MONEY! QUICKLY!” Jonghyun slowly sat up and chuckled lightly at Kibum’s ever-changing and interesting remarks to wake them up. Last time they wouldn’t get up for a schedule, Kibum decided to spray a cinnamon scent all over their dorm. The boys woke up, anticipating a wonderful breakfast, only to be met with cold porridge.

  Jonghyun slipped on a shirt before heading to the bathroom. He knew Kibum didn’t like it when he was shirtless in the dorm.

  “Again, get up! Quickly! Wake up!” Kibum focused his attention to the maknae.

  “Make soup! Ah, no, make food! Quickly wake up!” Taemin sat up on his bed and lazily rubbed his eyes.

  No, he isn’t going to make soup or food, because that was Kibum’s job as Shinee’s resident umma. And if Taemin made soup or any food by chance, none of the members would dare to eat it as his cooking style was… Err… Very unique.

   Kibum pushed Taemin out of his bed and made him wear a shirt before kicking him out the door.

  Kibum walked back to his room only to find a sleeping Minho on his bed.

  After Minho’s leg injury during their Lucifer promotions, the dorm assignments changed. Originally Jinki, Kibum and Taemin’s room, it now became Jinki, Kibum and Minho’s room. They figured that Minho could use some extra space to place his crutches and more people to help him when he needed it. After all, their room was the bigger one out of the two and Kibum was there. Taemin stayed in Minho’s original room with Jonghyun and the arrangement had been like that ever since.

  Kibum sighed, why are s always topless in the dorm? At least, Jonghyun and Taemin were only topless in their room during winter. They tend to wear something when they came out for breakfast. Minho was always… But Jinki, Jinki always wore clothes. He never went shirtless in front of the other guys. Oh how Kibum started to miss him…

  But now, Kibum had the task of waking Minho up.

  “Wake up-ma!” Kibum used “ma” at the end to make it sound stronger, so his friend might get up faster. To no avail, he then pulled the covers and a drowsy Minho lazily lay on the bed.

  Shirtless.

  Kibum could feel his cheeks warming up. He immediately turned around. The poor boy always found it embarrassing to look at other men without shirts.

  “Quick, we have a filming schedule with Dara noona to attend to.”

 

  Today was freezing, with only 3 degrees marking the highest temperature and they just had to pick today to film.

  Jonghyun was first to film because his was the shortest amongst them four.

  He had the role of a teacher and the coordi noonas dressed him up like one. With a slight hint of coral on his check patterned shirt. His color was “Bashful Coral”.

  The other members sat on the sidelines and blended well with the other cameo students.

  The staff told Jonghyun to act like he was giving a lecture, but they didn’t give him a script. So, he had to wing it and make up random things at the back of his mind.

  And Jonghyun being Jonghyun, began to talk awkwardly.

  Kibum thought, he wasn’t very good at acting. Excuse you, he actually didn’t find anyone in SM to be good at acting, unless that is what they were trained for. The idols in their company just weren’t very good actors. Kibum then evaluated his skills as an actor. Nah… He wasn’t very good as well.

  Back to Jonghyun, Kibum could practically feel his friend’s awkwardness after he kissed Dara’s forehead. Maybe it was only awkward when it involved physical contact with females, and by skinship meaning a kiss.

  Jonghyun brushed it off with a shy laugh, causing everyone to burst into laughter.

 

  It was Key’s turn. He had the role of a popular basketball player.

  In the scene, girls had banners in their hands and swooned over him. This, the production team had actually invited Key’s fans to participate the filming. They were so happy to see their idol in such close proximity. Etude House was doing such a treat for Shinee World, Taemin thought.

  Key coolly walked into the gym in his red hoodie. After all, the color he was promoting was “Thrilling Red”, so the staff had to give him something red to wear. Taemin, Jonghyun and Minho watched his performance beside the director and cameramen.

  Key blew flying kisses to his fans and flipped his hair.

  “Cut! Let’s move onto the scene where you kiss Dara. Just lightly on the cheek, okay?”

  Key, like Jonghyun, was also awkward with the kiss. He felt shy even though it was just acting. He would have to work on his acting skills if he wanted to star in musicals, Key thought.

 

  After checking the footage, the director decided that he wasn’t satisfied of the entrance footage.

  “Key-goon, could you please do some random over dance? Make it a part of your entrance. Try to captivate your fans.” The director shouted. Kiss Note series was intended to be a bit funny even though the main theme was romance. “Over dance” was a type of dance that required one to dance excessively.

  The director said “over dance” as a mistake but Key had already nodded and started. He began moving his shoulders forward. The staff and the Shinee members gave him a beat to follow.

  “Ooh, he’s warming up!” Minho whispered excitedly to s. What was Key going to perform for them?

  Key was doing some weird dance.

  It quickly escalated to powerful moves.

  Then he started moving like a malfunctioning robot.

  Jonghyun was happily swaying his arms behind the director to show Kibum support and Minho mildly moved to the beat.

  “… And he’s just starting.” Taemin grinned.

  After the malfunctioning robot dance, Key slid across the floor weirdly.

  Key then put a hand between his legs and doing the “spirit fingers” to his fans.

  “Did he really do what I think I saw?” Minho whispered with a look of disbelief in his face, his hand covering his mouth.

  “Yeah, that’s our Kibum” Jonghyun replied proudly.

  Key did a yoga-like pose by lifting his feet up in the air. Suddenly, for the finale he decided to do a split in mid-air.

  “Cut!”

  Laughter filled the gymnasium as Key went to s.

  “How did I do?” Key asked.

  “Kibum-ah good job!” Jonghyun gave Kibum a thumbs up.

  “Yeah, great job. That was really cool.” Minho burst into laughter.

  “Hyung, are you sure that is going to make it into the video?” The maknae laughed clapping his hands.

  “Hush, Taemin. I just simply did what I was told to.” 

 

____________________________________________

Hi guys! Happy New Year! Lots of love from me to you=)

Thank you so much for reading. Comments and ideas are welcomed as always<3

So how did you guys find this chapter?? Did you guys like the shirtless pics of the boys? >////<

Here is a light hearted chapter to start the new year on a happy note!

Please subscribe if you haven't yet and don't be shy on leaving me a comment =)