Chapter 9

Missing

January 11, 2012

 

  “Halmeoni!”

  A small figure turned to look at us with a confused look on her face.

  Then I realized I was still on Jinki’s back.

  “You can let me down now. Thank you” I murmured, feeling blood shot up to my cheeks as I inched my way over to my grandma.

  “Halmeoni, this is Jinki. He’s a friend… Uhh... He’s going to stay here for a while because… Because he…He... Uh...Yeah. He’s going to stay here for a while.” I said a bit nervously. I couldn’t think of a reason, I can’t just tell her that he’s here because I found him unconscious!

  Lucky for me, my grandma had her eyes on Jinki, paying close attention to his every movement.

  “Nice to meet you, Halmeoni. I’m Jinki.” the brunette said politely and gave my grandma a 90 degree bow. Like seriously, I’ve never seen someone go lower than a half a bow these days.

  My grandma smiled and gave his shoulder a pat indicating that there was no need to bow. We all sat down round the short table as Yong went over to my grandma.

  “Isn’t Jinki the name of your good friend when you were young?” My grandma sipped her tea.

  “Yeah, but that was a long time ago. I lost contact with him after we moved away.” I shrugged.

  Jinki carefully poured tea into my grandma’s cup after she had a sip. I never really knew that Jinki was this polite to elders. Maybe because he treats me like we’re the same age since I told him to. I still think he’s younger than me… With his baby face, goofiness and all, there is no way that he would be older than me.  

  “Hye Jung-ah, I already ate something beforehand, so I’ll skip breakfast.” She looked at me then turned to Jinki.“Just treat this place like your own home” My grandma gave Jinki a pat on the shoulder before entering her room. I could tell she already took a liking to Jinki. Being one of the people who inculcated the idea of respect into my mind, she was satisfied with his politeness. Good job, Jinki! For now, I don’t think she’ll ask that many questions about you.

  “Phew, that was close” I relaxed, stretching my legs. By doing so, I accidentally hit my injured knee onto the side of the table. Not wanting to alarm my grandma, I bit my lip to stop myself from letting out a scream.

  Jinki knelt in front of me with the first aid kit in hand. On a side note, he probably knows where to find everything now. He pulled out a box of band aids, spray and ointment.

  He slowly folded my left pant leg to reveal my scraped knee. I inched my head closer to my knee to inspect it. Thank goodness there wasn't a chunk of flesh missing, it was just a rather horrid scrape.

  The brunette held my leg in his right hand and the spray in his other and quickly sprayed the injury.

  I bit my lip and tried to pull away, but he had a gentle yet firm grip on my leg. He leaned closer, then he…

  He blew on my knee.

  The pain began to ease.

  My eyes widened.

  His face… It was literally a mere few inches away from mine and... Much too close for my liking.

  I felt my palms sweat.

  I felt knots in my stomach.

  I felt my breaths become shorter.

 

  Clutching the pearl on my necklace as I made small gasps for air, I didn’t want to scare Jinki with my sudden nervousness and all… The necklace I got from my best friend before I moved.

  He finished off by applying the bandage. I honestly didn’t even know what he did after he blew on my knee. All I noticed was the closeness of his face to mine.

  Concentrated to finishing his task, I don’t think Jinki noticed anything. Hooray for his high concentration I guess.

  I closed my eyes shut and shook my head to brush my nervousness away, only to feel a cool hand on my forehead.

  Wait, why was there a similar scene playing in my forehead just now?

  “Hye Jung-ah, do you have a fever or something?”

  At least our faces weren’t so close to each other anymore. I seemed to have calmed down now.

  I let down my rolled up pant leg and shook my head.

  “I’m fine” Laughing a bit nervously, I went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

  I opted for ramyeon today, somehow it felt like I hadn’t eaten it for months when in fact I just ate it the day before.

  “Jinki-yah, I’m going to cook ramyeon” I said in a loud enough voice for him to hear, then I was buried in my thoughts about a while ago.

  I filled a pot halfway through with water then put it on the stove. I waited for the water to boil before putting in the noodles, condiments and soup powder.

 What was wrong with me a while ago… Why did I feel so nervous… He’s just Jinki! Maybe I’m just lacking friends. Yeah that’s right. I don't have many friends…

  “I said do you need help-“ Jinki turned off the gas stove.

  “Hmm?” I looked at him weirdly. Now what was he doing here.

  “I asked if you needed help a while ago, but you didn’t reply. I come in here to see most of the soup gone.” He took a pair of chopsticks to check the ramyeon.

  He was right. Most of the soup was gone, the ramyeon noodles had already soaked most of it. I frowned as Jinki took the pot to the short table.

  “Now the ramyeon’s all soggy and there is barely any soup.” He whined.

  “Quit being a baby” I stuck my tongue out at him.

  “I like the soup!” the brunette pouted.

  Aha! I know! I rushed to the kitchen to get a carton of milk and poured it to the ramyeon.

  “Yahh! What are you doing, you punk?” He asked bewilderedly, his hands covering his eyes as if what I did was something gory.

  I stirred the contents and tasted the soup.

  Perfect. That trick always works!

  “The soup…..” he gawped, his opened his eyes to the largest he could get them to open which was still not very large.

  I grabbed a spoonful of the concoction and shoved it into his gaping mouth.

  “Well?”

  “It tastes… It tastes awesome!” He said, I bet he’s still finding it unbelievable that adding milk to ramyeon tastes good.

  “Then let’s start breakfast.” Smirking, I grabbed the pot lid and started to eat.

  “I’m going to finish all of this by myself if you don’t start eating” I laughed seeing Jinki still racking his brains to find out the mystery to why everything worked.

  Silly Jinki!

____________________________________________________

There is only a few more days till the New Year!!!!!!!! How was your Christmas?!??!?!?!

 

New update alert XD

I know I'm slow with the chapters and the story progress, but please give this fic a bit more time. 

Feel free to leave me feedback, ideas or even constructive criticism in the comments section below. 

I'd love to hear from you. 

Also, thank you so much to each and every one who has subscribed. Please subscribe if you haven't yet.

 

I promise the other members will be in the next chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I shall dedicate a whole chapter to them haha =)