Chapter 17

Missing

  “APPA!”

  Jinki opened his eyes to see Yoogeun beside him. Jinki heard several male voices telling Yooguen to hit his back to wake him up to which he did.

  Whose voices were they? Where was he?

 “Appa, wake up!”

  Jinki struggled to open his eyes to look at Yoogeun, but closed them as Yoogeun continued to slap his back.

  Yoogeun looked young. Like really young, as if he was only 3 or 4 years old.

  “Appa, wake up.” Yoogeun said softly.

  Hearing this, Jinki gathered his strength to sit up, only to be pushed down back to his bed by little Yoogeun.

  “Give him a morning kiss!” A voice suggested. Yoogeun leaned in to give Jinki’s cheek a peck.

  “Good job, Yoogeun. Let’s play since its New Year’s Day!” A deeper voice said rather happily, steering the little boy’s attention away from Jinki.

  Jinki lay quietly under the blanket that was covering every part of him, even his already sweating face. He was pretending to be asleep.  Even though he wanted to play with Yoogeun like the others, but 'he' told him that his “image” was to be a clumsy and indifferent dad who found it hard to hold kids because of a sad “incident” that happened to him during his childhood.

  Wait, who was 'he'? What “image”? What “incident”?

 

  “Wake up.”  A light nudge on the shoulder woke him up. 

  What was that he dreamt of a while ago? Was it a part of his past? Why was Yoogeun there-

  “Jinki-yah, do you still want to explore the amusement park or do you want to go home?” Hye Jung’s voice entered his ears and broke his train of thought.

  “Explore…” The brunette managed to croak under his mask as he rubbed his eyes.

  “Then explore we shall. There is still a bit of time before Everland closes anyway.”

 

  “Look, it’s a lion cub!” We were now wandering in the park after a few rides, Jinki pointed at a man who had a rather energetic lion cub in his hands. He had a hand on its chest and another supporting its feet.

  “Wah, it’s the first time I’ve seen one.” I happily replied as we approached the trainer. The safari ride to see the lions, tigers and ligers was closed off for today because the buses were getting repaired.  Despite being disappointed, this little guy in front of us made up for it. 

  “Can we touch it?” Jinki asked, clearly amused by the little bundle of joy right in front of him.

  “Yes, you can touch it in the area.” The trainer smiled at us.

   I gently the cub’s fur and Jinki followed suit. The cub suddenly lunged its head at us, causing me to flinch.

  “Omma-yah! That startled me.” Jinki laughed making me chuckle along. The trainer was the suspect for such motion and he gave us a hearty laugh.

  “Can we name him?” I asked, scratching the cub’s head. I was trying to confirm a rumor I’ve heard a long time ago that visitors could name the cubs if they didn’t have name yet.

  “Yes, you can. This little guy here doesn’t have a name yet.”

  “What shall we name him?” I asked Jinki. He looked up while the cub was enjoying the scratches it was receiving.

“Aha! What about Tigger? You know like the character in Winnie the Pooh?” Jinki’s face brightened as he shared his thought with us.

  “Umm. Jinki-yah, are you hearing yourself? Please have a look at the cub. It is a lion cub for god’s sake, not a tiger.” I giggled. Tigger was the bright and fun tiger who was always bouncing on his tail. How could he name this lion “Tigger”? Well, technically he can…

  “Hmm... How about Prince Charming? Because this little fellow is charming me right now.” The brunette tried his luck again with names, the cub now gnawing his hands.

  “Oh, that’s a good name, but wouldn’t it be a bit long?” I asked since the word “prince” already had three syllables when pronounced in Korean.

  “Hmm, just Prince then.”  I nodded in agreement, that suggestion wasn’t bad.

  “From this day forth, you shall be called Prince.” The cub gave us an itty bitty sized roar as if to acknowledge its new name, or to reject it. Either way, that was its new name – Prince.

 

  “You were scared when the cub jerked its head forward, weren’t you?” Jinki teased making me scowl. I mean, who wouldn’t be surprised? He, himself, was also evidently surprised by calling out to his ‘Omma’. I just recently found out that he would call out to his mom whever he surprised or scared when I decided to give him a quick scare the other day. He screamed and hid behind the curatins. 

  “Yah, Hye Jung-ah! I wasn’t ready!” The brunette shouted as he slid down the hill after I had pushed him off the ledge and stuck my tongue out. He was doing some weird pose by the time he got to the bottom. Not moving from his awkward pose, he faced my direction and waved, making me laugh.

  He grabbed another tube from the rack and had a rope pull him up the hill. I sat on my tube and waited for his arrival.

  In case you’re wondering what we’re doing, we were sledding. It was a winter-only event at Everland, so I assumed there would be more people waiting in line. However, since Everland would close early at 6 p.m. today, a handful of people already left the park to avoid traffic later. And by a handful, I meant most.

  “Hye Jung-ah...” Someone whispered into my ear ever so softly making me shudder. Well, I think it was more of the cold getting to me, rather than the whisper.

  “Prepare for your doom. Hahahaha!” A loud, high pitched cackle rang into my ears. I quickly grabbed on the side handles as I felt myself being pushed down the slope. I looked back to see Jinki laughing crazily before sliding down the slope after me.

 

  “That was fun! Hehe.” Jinki eyes turned to half crescents and a grin formed under his mask.

  “Let’s do it again!” He helped me up and dragged me to get a two person tube. We were then pulled up the slope.

  “Kawi-Bawi-Bo!” My rock won against his scissors.

  “I pick backseat!” Jinki scurried over to the front seat as I sat behind him.

  “3,2,1... Blast off!”

 

__________________________________________________________________________

Hello my darlings, 

Thank you so much for still sticking with me despite my lack of update for the past few months.

I just had to upload today since it's baby Taemin's (I mean TaeMAN's) birthday =)

I hope you all are enjoying your holidays or working hard at school or work.

School starts on Monday and I am not fully ready to leave my "holiday" mode yet~

I also know I'm a bit late with trends, but I find Got7 quite interesting these days, especially Jackson (who I found crazy haha)

Anyways, Taemin loves you~ 

Thanks for subscribing and I always love to read your comments and ideas =) So feel free to leave me some below <3

 

Talk to you guys soon!

Tiff