Sick Day

The Problem With Us
The world appears, hazy at first, splintered into a thousand pieces under Chanyeol's long lashes. The bright yellow light filters through a window, coloring the surroundings a vibrant picture.
 
And then Chanyeol's head starts to throb. Come to think of it, it was already throbbing many minutes before, just that under the heavy blankets and layers of sleep, he didn't notice it. Not only that, he feels hot all over, not like the weight on his left knee is helping anything. With much difficulty, Chanyeol pulls himself higher up and gets a good look at where he is.
 
Phew. He is at his house, his couch, with Luhan's head resting at an uncomfortable angle on Chanyeol's knee. He thankfully is not in some stranger's bed.
 
Chanyeol the moves his leg away, off the couch. They feel heavy. Is this the result of a hangover? Heavy limbs... A headache that can probably be the feeling of someone chopping his head into half...
 
"Ahh!"
 
A feral scream makes Chanyeol fall back flat onto the couch, both his legs swinging wildly then crashing into Luhan's body. Chanyeol's about to apologies profusely when a severe feeling of nausea sweeps over him and he has to cover his mouth and keep quiet in order to stop himself from puking.
 
"God, Chanyeol! You scared me!" Luhan stands up from the chair he'd been sitting on for the past few hours and stretches. Then, after recovering from the initial shock, Luhan lets a scowl creep into his face. Chanyeol cringes under Luhan's glare, knowing full well that he had gotten drunk even though Luhan specifically told him not to.
 
"So? Not drunk anymore, are you, Park Chanyeol?" Luhan berates Chanyeol like he's a kid. Which, technically, he is.
 
" I have the right to get drunk, you know-" Chanyeol blurts, then cuts himself short when he feels the bile in his throat again.
 
"You full we'll know what you're like after one glass. You can't stand alcohol, Chanyeol. Do you know Sehun and I had to carry you back?" Luhan growls, twisting his neck as if he has a cramp there.
 
Chanyeol can't help the grin that appears on his face, and his hangover is momentarily gone. The thought of Luhan, the old Luhan, brings a smile to his face. The old Luhan that was so happy with Sehun, always smiling so captivatingly. That is what Chanyeol wants to bring back.
 
So Chanyeol naturally can't help himself. "Then did you talk?" 
 
Luhan stops his warmups midway, freezing Chanyeol with a menacing glare. "Off topic, Chanyeol! I was talking about you! Not me and Sehun- and if you would like to know, we argued all the way back. Hardly my idea of a happy reunion."
 
Chanyeol quickly spots the weak link in Luhan's speech, something he never fails to spot, never fails to annoy Luhan more, something Chanyeol will like to think proves Luhan's longing for Sehun.
 
"So you do want a 'happy reunion!'" Chanyeol manages to utter out through his massive headache. Though it doesn't sound as cheerful as Chanyeol will like it to be. It just sounds so unenthusiastic and hoarse. Chanyeol tries again, to drive away the sound of sickness in his voice.
 
"No, Chanyeol, I do not want a 'happy reunion'. Now get up and start acting like the landlord I thought you were." Luhan sighs, unhappily, and that vision in Chanyeol's mind dissipates. As Luhan stalks out stiffly towards the bathroom, Chanyeol throws both blankets onto the floor. Now he feels too cold. Chanyeol curls into a ball on the couch.
 
The headache comes back, times ten. Chanyeol grips his head and feels the nausea return once again. Is he sick? Yes, yes he is. 
 
Miserably, Chanyeol listens to the sound of water rushing out of the bathroom sink and waits for his hyung Luhan to come help him.
 
Maybe next time he should listen to Luhan and not drink. If there even is a next time.
 
-----
 
When Luhan exits the bathroom, water running down his body, all he hears is some miserable groaning coming from the living room.
 
"Chanyeol? Is that you?"
 
What a stupid question. Of course it's Chanyeol. Sehun never groans at all. Sehun isn't even home.
 
Luhan steps cautiously closer. The scene is as expected- Chanyeol all curled up like an adorable caterpillar. Just that the adorable caterpillar is annoying as well as sick.
 
"Chanyeol. You know you're sick, right? Do you want to go to the doctor?"
 
Chanyeol just moans in obvious discomfort, twisting his body into a better position.
 
Luhan feels angry at Chanyeol's lack of response. Sighing, he grabs Chanyeol's arm, drapes it around his shoulder and pulls him up in a standing position.
 
"Luhan... N-no... Feel... Sick.." Chanyeol somehow manages to mutter out a few coherent words. Luhan ignores him and drags Chanyeol up the flight of stairs, into his bedroom. Then, he unceremoniously dumps the half awake Chanyeol onto his pastel blue bed.
 
Chanyeol immediately reacts, wrapping himself in the sheets until he looks like a very fat cocoon.
 
"You can't be serious." Luhan groans .
 
"Water..." Chanyeol says pitifully. 
 
"Like I'm going to let you it off my body." Luhan mutters humorlessly to himself. With a yawn, he runs down the stairs to get Chanyeol a glass of water.
 
Just then, the door swings open. It's Sehun, his eye bags dark as always, clothes wrinkled. Luhan know where he has been, from the smell of him. Perfume seems to waft from his body. A woman. This is how Sehun comes back every morning, smelling different every time. Luhan wonders where he gets the cash to do all these things, considering he doesn't have a job or parents funding him. Or maybe that is his job. And Luhan will always shudder at the thought.
 
"Hey," Luhan greets.
 
"Hey. Have a good night nursing our landlord?" Sehun's voice is mocking.
 
"Have a good night sleeping with a woman who you don't know?" Luhan retorts back. Sehun scowls, then grumpily climbs the stairs to his room. Luhan smiles. One to Luhan, zero to Sehun. But then his smile fades. Chanyeol wouldn't like that. 
 
Luhan smacks his head. Now not is he only doing whatever Chanyeol wants to do, he's also thinking like him!
 
Luhan decides to hurry back upstairs. Whatever he has to straighten out with Chanyeol, he will do it once he recovers enough hear out his whole scolding.
 
However, Luhan stops short at the sight of Sehun sitting next to Chanyeol's bed.
 
"Get out, Sehun, I've seen enough of you for one day," Luhan threatens. How dare Sehun make another appearance. Is he trying to anger Luhan?
 
Sehun doesn't remove himself from the scene. Instead, he props his elbows onto the bed and rolls his eyes at Luhan. "It's sick boy's house, not yours, boyfriend."
 
"I'm not your boyfriend!" Luhan nearly screams, his voice faltering at the end when he remembers Chanyeol. Sehun glances nonchalantly at Luhan's furious face before he replies.
 
"Of course you aren't. I dumped you, didn't I?" Sehun says loftily. Luhan's about to lose it since it was he who dumped Sehun in the first place,when Sehun says something even more flabbergasting.
 
"Chanyeol's boyfriend, Baka. Not mine. I'm not gay like you are. At least not anymore."Sehun mocks. Before Luhan can reply, he pushes himself gracefully up from the floor and flounces off, snickering. Luhan doesn't find it so amusing.
 
"Stupid Sehun." Luhan mutters. He pads over to Chanyeol's bed, places the glass of water beside it, and whispers to Chanyeol,"You aren't my boyfriend, right, Chanyeol? You're just my hyung."
 
The answer Luhan gets does the opposite of reassuring him. It scares him thoroughly. It's the kind of answer you can only get when one's not thoroughly conscious, when one can't separate dreams from reality. It's the truth.
 
Chanyeol's eyes flicker half open, and Luhan can see that Chanyeol, is in fact, still asleep.
 
"I wish I am, hyung. Then you'd finally have someone and you'd be happy. Sehun's that someone, isn't it?"
 
Luhan gapes.
 
Chanyeol has a lot more depth to him than Luhan thinks.
 
 
 
Comments: Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait. And I hope you like this chapter! If you think this might be going a little fast, don't worry, cause I'm going to try to extend things after this chapter. It's gonna get interesting!!
 
Comments, subscribes and even up votes appreciated!