Drunk

The Problem With Us
"Luhan! Wanna watch a movie?" Park Chanyeol's voice sounds from the kitchen counter.
 
"No. There's nothing to watch." Luhan mutters back, looking at his book with such intensity that it might burn. He follows the string of words, furtively trying to tune out Chanyeol's voice.
 
"Wanna go eat ramen for lunch?" 
 
"No. Not hungry."
 
"Wanna play soccer at the park?"
 
"No!"
 
"Want to-"
 
At this point, anger boils up in Luhan and he stands up, the chair screeching against he floorboards.
 
"You're spoiling the floor, Luhan. I paid to get it polished." Chanyeol pouts.
 
"Park Chanyeol! Do you see I'm doing work here? Go and deal with your online stocks!"
 
Chanyeol pulls an even cuter puppy-dog look, which Luhan tries hard to ignore.
 
" I'm already done for today. Luhan ah, you're only reading a book.... How is that doing work?" 
 
Luhan grits his teeth angrily. "I'm an editor, do you know what an editor does? He reads books." With that, he turns back to his book and continues reading, swiftly dismissing Chanyeol.
 
Chanyeol doesn't get Luhan's subtle signal. He walks to Luhan and carefully pulls out a chair to sit on.
 
"Luhan-ah, I only want to make it up to you.. For yesterday." Chanyeol explains eagerly. " I have a great idea. You know the bar Sehun goes to? Let's go and see what's inside..."
 
"It's just a bar, Chanyeol," Luhan sighs, putting his book down. "I already told you, I'm not going to anywhere that Sehun goes to. He gets drunk and does lord knows what." 
 
Chanyeol considers this for a moment. He nods briefly, with a quirk of his full lips. Then he watches Luhan read. Luhan feels thoroughly agitated by Chanyeol's hot breath that keeps falling on his forearm.
 
"Chanyeol. It seems that you keep interfering with the intertwined destiny of me and my book." Luhan states dryly. He puts the book down and looks Chanyeol in the eye.
 
Chanyeol's eyebrows rise in confusion. " Books don't have fates, Luhan."
 
" I was being sarcastic. It means GO AWAY. So please kindly leave me and my book alone." Luhan replies impatiently, with a slight snarl of annoyance in his voice.
 
Chanyeol's lips part in realisation, and he grins and repeats the process of carefully pulling the chair out and noiselessly pushing it under the table so as not the 'scratch the floorboards'. Luhan sighs in relief. Finally, the eye gets some peace when the irritant is gone. He smiles at his analogy.
 
"Oh, and Luhan?" Chanyeol says, standing in the hallway. Luhan looks up.
 
"What is it now?!"
 
The smile doesn't fade from Chanyeol's face. 
 
"That was a good joke, hyung."
 
Before Luhan can tell Chanyeol that he is absolutely not his hyung, and that what he said isn't meant to be a joke, Chanyeol runs swiftly up the staircase and slams the room door shut.
 
Luhan can't tell if Chanyeol means to mock him, or if he is really being scincere.
 
-----
 
Chanyeol is either a magician, or someone who has bad luck surrounding him  like a plague.
 
Either way, Chanyeol is still the sole reason why Luhan is at Sehun's bar. Luhan has no idea, once again, how Chanyeol managed to drag him there.
 
"This is fun, hyung!" Chanyeol shouts at him while decking out with the DJs. He's an aspiring DJ himself, and Luhan can see that Chanyeol is actually as good as he said he was. However, the word hyung immediately sends Luhan off balance. He finds his footing on the floor, and marches towards Chanyeol at he DJ stand.
 
"I'm not your hyung." Luhan says viciously. 
 
"What?" Over the noise, Chanyeol can't really hear him. Luhan has to shout to get the words through.
 
"DONT CALL ME YOUR HYUNG CAUSE IM NOT YOUR HYUNG!"Luhan shouts, nearly screaming. 
 
The beats of the music reverberate through the bar, sending small vibrations in the floor like mini earthquakes, and echoing dizzily in Luhan's ears. Just his luck, Chanyeol turns away the moment he starts shouting and doesn't catch his words.
 
Luhan gives up on Chanyeol. He grabs his bag and marches out, wondering why he didn't do it earlier. That stupid Chanyeol. Such a dunce.
 
"Hyung! Hyung!"
 
Chanyeol comes flying out after Luhan. 
 
"I want to go home." Chanyeol whines breathlessly. Luhan backs away instinctively from Chanyeol's toxic breath.
 
"You're drunk," Luhan murmurs, barely disguising his disgust and surprise. Chanyeol tips forward and Luhan barely manages to catch him. He didn't seem drunk just now.. Or maybe he was from the start.
 
"Bring me to see... Sehun..."
 
"For what!"   
 
"We can be drunk together... Drunk friends....." Chanyeol laughs, his breath billowing into the air.
 
Luhan grimaces, his face contorting fiercely. He pulls Chanyeol up by the arms and half drags him forward.
 
"Must you get drunk, Chanyeol? I told you not to!"
 
"Not my fault, hyung..." Chanyeol blubbers, fluctuating between consciousness and unconsciousness. His eyes droop, half closed now, and he stumbles onto Luhan's sturdy chest.
 
As Luhan's shoulders take the full weight of Chanyeol, he feels his temperature literally rising. So many things have gone wrong today. For example, he's currently stuck with Chanyeol on his shoulder, in the middle of a pavement, with no assistance from anyone.
 
"Luhan?"
 
Luhan tries to turn his head-unsuccessfully. The result his him almost slipping backwards, and Chanyeol's arms start to swing at his side like a pair of pendulums. 
 
Two steady hands grab Chanyeol by the shoulders and pull him off Luhan. No surprise who it is there.
 
"This isn't a happy coincidence, is it, Luhan?"
 
Technically it isn't, because it's not a coincidence to meet someone whom you used to know well at his favorite bar during the late hour of the night. There was almost zero chance that Sehun would not turn up.
 
"Maybe," Luhan says, just the opposite of what he's thinking. He hefts Chanyeol's arm over his shoulder. "Mind helping me back?"
 
Sehun opens his mouth to say no, his feet already pointing towards the bar, but he changes his mind when Luhan flashes him a withering look; one that can crack steel. With a slightly guilty pout, Sehun grabs Chanyeol's other arm and walk home.
 
Luhan feels the awkward silence between him and Sehun, when it used to be so comfortable last time. Sehun's black, pitiless eyes bore into Luhan. Luhan knows that he will never ever be going back to Sehun, no matter what. 
 
"Hyung..." Chanyeol suddenly jerks to consciousness. Sehun jumps and immediately drops his arm, leaving Luhan to sway sideways in an attempt to hold Chanyeol up.
 
"Sehun!"
 
Sehun hurridly pulls on Chanyeol's other arm, and balance is restored.
 
Chanyeol's head sags to Luhan's side.
 
"He's going to have a hell of a hangover," Sehun says in an admonishing tone. "Didn't you tell him to stay away from liquor?"
 
"Yes, I did! He didn't listen to me!" Luhan protests back defensively. He hates Sehun when he's like this, accusing and superior acting.
 
"And you were at the bar because...?"
 
Luhan flushes a deep red with pure embarrassment. " Chanyeol wanted to go." He can scarcely believe his own answer. Why did he listen to Chanyeol?
 
Sehun an eyebrow, echoing Luhan's question. "You listened to him? Why the hell did you do that?"
 
Luhan has no snappy answer for that one.
 
 
(Hi everyone. Thanks for subscribing!! Please comment if you can if you have anything to say! Feedback is appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!   XD )